Graham Alexander to Salford

never heard of him, why is this a statement of intent?

Google his managerial record - it’s decent. Much better than what you’d expect of a non-League appointment - unless they were going to spend, spend, spend to get up the leagues of course.

Got Fleetwood promoted out of League Two, took Scunthorpe to the playoffs last season. Sacked when they were in 5th this season. Would have had no shortage of League One or League Two job offers. Compare that to the usual conference appointments would say it’s pretty big coup.

Google his managerial record - it’s decent. Much better than what you’d expect of a non-League appointment - unless they were going to spend, spend, spend to get up the leagues of course.

I think that's a given.

Apparently Gary Neville has been having a bit of a Twitter squabble with those who have opposed Salford's plans to build training facilities at a new site. He had a bit of a tantrum as it looks like the planning application is going to be turned down.

I think that's a given.

Apparently Gary Neville has been having a bit of a Twitter squabble with those who have opposed Salford's plans to build training facilities at a new site. He had a bit of a tantrum as it looks like the planning application is going to be turned down.

Couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke

I think that's a given.

How long before an FC City of Salford is formed in protest?

I think that's a given.

How long before an FC City of Salford is formed in protest?

Well I for one hope that FC City of Salford get a ten part documentary on BBC One if so.

Is there a need for another PL/FL club in Greater Manchester? City, Man U, Bury, Rochdale, Oldham, Bolton, Wigan, add in Salford and an underachieving Stockport and only one borough isn’t represented. Allowing for the huge size of the Manchester and Trafford clubs I can’t see Salford getting the numbers in to push on.

If you're going to count Stockport and FC United, you've got to count Curzon Ashton, Ashton United and Altrincham as well! (the latter two just won promotion from the Northern Premier League to get themselves back into National League North)

As an aside - I'm guessing Ashton-under-Lyme must now be the smallest town to have two clubs in the top six steps of the football pyramid!

You could also add Blackburn, Burnley and Accrington into the mix and that is 10 teams just in Manchester in the 92. That's pretty impressive for an area that size to have so many clubs within the football league set up considering they all need to get people through the doors to pay the bills. London has 13 out of the 92 and is a much greater area than Manchester is.

You could also add Blackburn, Burnley and Accrington into the mix and that is 10 teams just in Manchester in the 92. That's pretty impressive for an area that size to have so many clubs within the football league set up considering they all need to get people through the doors to pay the bills. London has 13 out of the 92 and is a much greater area than Manchester is.

Those three are firmly in Lancashire.

Oldham, Rochdale and Bury can't muster 10,000 fans between them. They wanted to merge them into Manchester North End not that long ago.

Back
Top Bottom