Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

I didn’t think he was that poor last night. He nicked the ball back and made several good challenges. He was sloppy on the ball on occasion and clearly tired.

Burton pressed him well, and our shape left him isolated with very few options when he did get the ball.

We can cut him some slack, but if I were Taylor, I would be disappointed not to have scored last night.

Can't believe RadOx described Woodburn's attempted volley as a half chance, would have been one of the best goals I've ever seen if that went in. A firing Taylor scores that, I'd have thought a decent striker would put away 60-65% of them chances. @Shosho might disagree, I didn't see Taylor on the XG graphic he posted earlier so maybe it was a difficult one.

Can't believe RadOx described Woodburn's attempted volley as a half chance, would have been one of the best goals I've ever seen if that went in. A firing Taylor scores that, I'd have thought a decent striker would put away 60-65% of them chances. @Shosho might disagree, I didn't see Taylor on the XG graphic he posted earlier so maybe it was a difficult one.

My only disappointment about Woodburn's attempted volley was he tried to absolutely leather it, he didn't need to put anymore power on to it.

We all have different opinions. I actually think he did ok but playing regularly he would have scored that. Apart from that we never gave him anything of note to feed off of.

Looking through the Taylor chance was around 32mins...I think he took the ball a little wide so probably ends up being pretty tough...will check a little later! (Doesn’t look too much on the timeline!)

I thought he looked quality at this level. Intelligent off the ball movement and good closing down defenders until he got knackered. Shame about the defence behind him and I don’t think it’s wise to lump balls up to him. He’s 5:9! Ball into feet required or down channels

I think he has done well. Yes needs to calm some of his challenges (he is a red card waiting to happen) but he marshals the back 4 well, breaks up play, intercepts really well. All the ugly stuff so others can get on the ball and play. We went to pot last night when he came off.

Let’s give him another 10 games before getting on his back...

One of our lads known for his chant creation over the years came up with two potential options..

To the tune of the Raul Jiminez 'Si Senor' chant:

Roboo signed a striker on loan,
Best in the league, he's finally coming home
Our number 9
Pass him the ball and he'll score everytime
It's timeeee you knew
Matty Taylor's Oxford through and through

Alternatively, to the old Kemar Roofe chant

Matty Taylors Oxford
He wears yellow and blue
He left the Us in 09
But never wanted to
He could have stayed at Bristol
Robbo picked up the phone
He said I need a striker
Now Mattys coming home

Love it

Gorrin is a fantastic player, gets stuck in!
But it's also what he does off the ball, constantly covering allowing full backs and dickie to push forward.
Kashi hasn't got anything on Gorrin.

Gorrin's a very good player, and it's no surprise that since he's been playing in midfield, Brannagan has flourished.

He does a lot of the dirty work, which allows others like Brannagan to play with more freedom, and I've been very impressed so far.

That said, he was below par on Tuesday night, and if he's carrying a slight injury, then the sooner Thorne gets match fit the better, so he can help share the load.

Back
Top Bottom