Current Player Gorrin.....not convinced yet

Andy1505

I know it's only 4 league games in (and tbh the only one I didnt see was Posh at home) but I'm gonna say it; I'm really not sure what he brings to the team.....

Yes he knits the play together very prettily but he only goes sideways, isn't very quick, can't tackle, hasn't been great on the ball and looked like a passenger tonight! And he's nearly facing a suspension now! Great!

I think we actually missed Hanson and his battling qualities tonight, at least he would have fought in there more, Cam can't do it all on his own, we looked so much better with three in there on Sat.

Very disappointed tonight especially after the second half at Blackpool. Did the hype get the better of them and they just thought they had to turn up to beat The Brewers? Burton were solid, effective, and worked harder than us and fully deserved the result tonight. I know we will get better but the enthusiasm has somewhat waned tonight, not looking forward to Saturday as much now.

Foley

I think that I the first 4 games he was very good.
Brannagan himself has stated that Gorrin is a 'very good player' and allows him to get forward knowing that there us cover behind him.
Just the kind of holding player that we want although he was far from his best yesterday and his bookings are a worry

HampshireYellow

I've only seen him for one game last night but I agree he was very poor, definitely no Kashi

uptheus

He commits himself too early meaning he gets beaten too easily. He gives the away once to often too.

Having said that, I do like him as at times he brings composure and can read the play, but the errors seem to counter balance this. If he can cut these errors out I think he can be a good player. The question is, can he?

It was also obvious that Gorrin was carrying an injury last night which didn’t help.

Re; Hanson, I think he’s too thick. Erratic, no composure and just hoofs the ball or hits it so hard when the player is only 5 yards away.

Thorne anyone?

Peterdev

Give the lad a chance. He’s still adapting and I think we will be saying very different things in the next few months.
We’re not even into the August Bank yet.
Great that Cameron is already in three.
Not a great result but Burton will be one of our strongest tests

dickwalton1964

I like Gorrin. He's better than Kashi. He's technically very good and not just a ball winner, his positioning and sensing of danger has been really impressive up until the last half hour last night when he tired and looked leggy but then the whole team did.

HampshireYellow

I like Gorrin. He's better than Kashi. He's technically very good and not just a ball winner, his positioning and sensing of danger has been really impressive up until the last half hour last night when he tired and looked leggy but then the whole team did.

He gave the ball away quite a bit and passed quite slowly, and mainly backwards and sideways though all game - didn’t he?

harrymark1

I like Gorrin, he was so isolated last night it was ridiculous, having seen how well we played at Blackpool with a midfield 3 (Hanson, Brannagan & Gorrin) seemed odd to change to what was basically 4-1-1-4 at times

ciaranjonlucas

I didn’t think he was that poor last night. He nicked the ball back and made several good challenges. He was sloppy on the ball on occasion and clearly tired.

Burton pressed him well, and our shape left him isolated with very few options when he did get the ball.

Ricey

I think he has done well. Yes needs to calm some of his challenges (he is a red card waiting to happen) but he marshals the back 4 well, breaks up play, intercepts really well. All the ugly stuff so others can get on the ball and play. We went to pot last night when he came off.

Let’s give him another 10 games before getting on his back...

OxDanny

Gorrin is a fantastic player, gets stuck in!
But it's also what he does off the ball, constantly covering allowing full backs and dickie to push forward.
Kashi hasn't got anything on Gorrin.

Mad dog87

Gorrin's a very good player, and it's no surprise that since he's been playing in midfield, Brannagan has flourished.

He does a lot of the dirty work, which allows others like Brannagan to play with more freedom, and I've been very impressed so far.

That said, he was below par on Tuesday night, and if he's carrying a slight injury, then the sooner Thorne gets match fit the better, so he can help share the load.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sarge OUFC Players 6
D OUFC Players 61
R OUFC Players 147