Tickets Google Pay Season Ticket workaround

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
If your getting errors when trying to load your ticket into Google Pay, the below should work:

In Chrome on your phone, go to to mail.gmail.com or if with another email service, open their web mail page in Chrome and try to click the Google Pay link in the email.

If it still fails try opening the page in desktop mode and try to click the link again.

Last edited:
If your getting errors when trying to load your ticket into Google Pay, the below should work:

In Chrome on your phone, go to to mail.gmail.com and try to click the Google Pay link in the email.

If it still fails try opening Gmail in desktop mode and try to click the link again.
Tried that didn't work, I downloaded season ticket no problem on the same phone last season. I think it's because I'm away from home and using a 4g connection although I just tried it in the pub on their cloud WiFi with no success. I'm thinking it will work when I'm back on my broadband well see. Having to try workarounds using different browsers is not a good start to a customer's experience some people only use 4g.

Tried that didn't work, I downloaded season ticket no problem on the same phone last season. I think it's because I'm away from home and using a 4g connection although I just tried it in the pub on their cloud WiFi with no success. I'm thinking it will work when I'm back on my broadband well see. Having to try workarounds using different browsers is not a good start to a customer's experience some people only use 4g.
Connection should not matter.

Did you try desktop mode and deffo in Chrome Web browser?

Connection should not matter.

Did you try desktop mode and deffo in Chrome Web browser?
Now sorted it, you were right about chrome but it' has to be set as the default browser in apps within the settings. Thanks for the pointer I'll try and post a link to the info I found

So now with these digital tickets if someone's not going to a game and wants to give ticket to someone else, they cannot do it unless they lend them the phone its on, and if you change your phone you have to contact the ticket office. Or am I wrong about that?

So now with these digital tickets if someone's not going to a game and wants to give ticket to someone else, they cannot do it unless they lend them the phone its on, and if you change your phone you have to contact the ticket office. Or am I wrong about that?
You can share your digital ticket to someone elses device but once someone else has it you need to be sure they won't use it on a day you are going to the match.

You can share your digital ticket to someone elses device but once someone else has it you need to be sure they won't use it on a day you are going to the match.
And likewise if you change your phone you’ll be able to reload it to that phone. Either by forwarding from your current device or reloading from the original email.

You are correct my bad, I was trying to download it onto wife's phone (thumps old head in despair) but she didn't have Gpay on it. Sorted now thanks for the info.

Does the club support the passing round of Season Tickets to friends/family/strangers, surely this is denying them potential revenue?

Obviously we all know it happens but wondered if there were any T&Cs mentioning this and if so what punishment could be handed out.

I'm just playing devils advocate before anyone jumps on this.

Does the club support the passing round of Season Tickets to friends/family/strangers, surely this is denying them potential revenue?

Obviously we all know it happens but wondered if there were any T&Cs mentioning this and if so what punishment could be handed out.

Have a day off, if i purchase my seat for the season and cant make odd games ive already paid for , ill offer it to my sons / family / friends. The day i get punished for it is the day i never purchase another one.

Have a day off, if i purchase my seat for the season and cant make odd games ive already paid for , ill offer it to my sons / family / friends. The day i get punished for it is the day i never purchase another one.
Maybe you should read the last line of my post before suggesting I have a day off, imo it's a valid question

Why even mention punishments being handed out then ? Never has been an issue , why try to make one ?

From Ts and C's on the website:

6.8 Subject to clause 8.2, You may on no more than 4 occasions during the Season transfer Your Season Ticket to a person who is known to You personally for use by that person in connection with a single Home League Match, provided that such person would be entitled (under the Terms and Conditions of Entry) to purchase a Ticket for and attend such Match. If the transferee of Your Season Ticket would have been required to pay a higher age related price for the Season Ticket than You paid, then You or they will be required to pay an upgrade charge of the difference between the Nominal Match Price paid by You and the Nominal Match Price that would have been payable by the transferee. On all subsequent occasions the upgrade fee will be the difference between the Nominal Match Price paid by You and price of a Single Match Ticket that would be payable by the transferee for the relevant Match, rounded up to the nearest whole pound. No refunds would be payable for downgrades from a higher to lower price category or from a dearer to cheaper part of the ground. You are required to notify the Ticket Office on all occasions which You are not using

Back
Top Bottom