General Good things out of Covid-19

Isn't the point of a lead-crystal decanter to slowly leech poison into the liquid so that the 'nobility' become even more brain-fuddled than allowed for by their genes?

So when a player leaves the club can we refer him to be “decanted”, on a more basic level on my gdaily garden trek I have listened to the latest podcast with Chris Hackett and Jamie Brooks very good

One decants wine to remove sediment that forms with age and to allow oxygen to permeate the liquid to enhance flavours and aromas.
You can also decant store cupboard staples such as flour from one container, such as a large bag, into smaller containers.
There is no other purpose to the process for dried goods and please note that the dust from flour is highly flammable.

In other "Good Things from Covid"............
No Love Island and shite like Eastenders will run out of episodes.
New cars will be cheap.
Petrol price has nearly dropped below £1 a litre.

That says more about the wine you drink ?
Actually, it says more about the training I received and the standard of establishments that I previously worked for and the personal tastes gained through experience, both at home and abroad.

Actually, it says more about the training I received and the standard of establishments that I previously worked for and the personal tastes gained through experience, both at home and abroad.
I wonder if you've ever served me ??

(it's a joke!)

Knowing that our nation's tradition of queueing means we are all well trained for the weekly shop.

Thought I'd have a go at baking bread again. Turns out that Soda bread is the easiest thing to make. Just mix the ingredients, roll into a ball and stick in the oven. No hanging around waiting for the dough to prove or raise, no kneading required. And, when it's done, wow! great flavour. (you can add all sorts of stuff to it to enhance)

Thought I'd have a go at baking bread again. Turns out that Soda bread is the easiest thing to make. Just mix the ingredients, roll into a ball and stick in the oven. No hanging around waiting for the dough to prove or raise, no kneading required. And, when it's done, wow! great flavour. (you can add all sorts of stuff to it to enhance)

Guinness and Cheddar works well.

Well having managed to source some flour, 16Kg of white and 16Kg of wholemeal turned up yesterday (we couldn't buy it in smaller quantities at anything like a decent price). Milled in Germany. And a new lot of yeast (off Amazon) as well - again in industrial quantities. for the same reasons.
The first loaf we made was a bit of a lumpy disaster. I am hoping Mrs ZtH got the quantities wrong, or we have a hell of a lot of disastrous loaves to get through!!!

Well having managed to source some flour, 16Kg of white and 16Kg of wholemeal turned up yesterday (we couldn't buy it in smaller quantities at anything like a decent price). Milled in Germany. And a new lot of yeast (off Amazon) as well - again in industrial quantities. for the same reasons.
The first loaf we made was a bit of a lumpy disaster. I am hoping Mrs ZtH got the quantities wrong, or we have a hell of a lot of disastrous loaves to get through!!!
But it's fun, isn't it?

I used to make bread with flour sourced from an old water powered mill on the Weald and Downland estate. (It's near Goodwood) Full on, seeded flour no messing about. Chucked in some crushed walnuts and buttermilk and turned out some amazing bread.

But it's fun, isn't it?

I used to make bread with flour sourced from an old water powered mill on the Weald and Downland estate. (It's near Goodwood) Full on, seeded flour no messing about. Chucked in some crushed walnuts and buttermilk and turned out some amazing bread.
Im sure I’ll get into it. I’ve been focusing on the garden which is a nice excuse for being outdoors and avoiding housework

We are huge cheats in that we use a breadmaker and have done for years. We very rarely buy a loaf, and also use it to make pizza dough etc.
The smell of freshly baked bread is just heavenly, however you make it though. :)
I did even make croissants once - but what a huge, expensive faff that was, and not enough better than just buying them to make it worth it!

#breadmachine #panasonic (always buy Japanese bread machines - they are the best)

We are huge cheats in that we use a breadmaker and have done for years. We very rarely buy a loaf, and also use it to make pizza dough etc.
The smell of freshly baked bread is just heavenly, however you make it though. :)
I did even make croissants once - but what a huge, expensive faff that was, and not enough better than just buying them to make it worth it!

#breadmachine #panasonic (always buy Japanese bread machines - they are the best)

May Freyr have pity on the pair of yez.

Back
Top Bottom