Good luck England!

Positives from today:
Tunisia didn't create a single chance worthy of the name in the entire game, and were just gifted a goal by the ref.
We've got a genuinely World Class striker....which is something that, from the evidence of the games so far, not many teams in this tournament can say.
We looked like we were going to score off every set piece.

Negatives:
Our finishing in the first 20 minutes.
Pretty much everything from the 20th to the 92nd minute.

Perhaps one of our resident referees could explain tonight's penalty (and lack of) decisions?
It's been a long time since I was a referee... In the first one Dele Alli shoves another defender prior to Kane getting rugby tackled.

The way BBC showed repeats and repeats of Kane getting rugby tackled ignoring the first infringement, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a similar issue with the other.

It's been a long time since I was a referee... In the first one Dele Alli shoves another defender prior to Kane getting rugby tackled.

The way BBC showed repeats and repeats of Kane getting rugby tackled ignoring the first infringement, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a similar issue with the other.
There were around three occasions when Kane was wrestled to the floor. After the Tunisia penalty it was remarkable that England didn't get at least two penalties

Positives from today:
Tunisia didn't create a single chance worthy of the name in the entire game, and were just gifted a goal by the ref.
We've got a genuinely World Class striker....which is something that, from the evidence of the games so far, not many teams in this tournament can say.
We looked like we were going to score off every set piece.

Negatives:
Our finishing in the first 20 minutes.
Pretty much everything from the 20th to the 92nd minute.

I'd add to the positives that we now have centre backs who are comfortable on the ball and prepared to meaningfully joint attacks.

Thanks for the reply. Is that not a free kick to Tunisia then?

There were around three occasions when Kane was wrestled to the floor. After the Tunisia penalty it was remarkable that England didn't get at least two penalties
I'm not disagreeing with you. I can only explain the first one... that BBC showed over and over again.

If that's the case (and I have no reason to doubt what you are saying) then VAR should have been used to give a foul against Alli. I'm not upset because we didn't get a penalty or two, I think that this wrestling and pushing in the box should be punished whoever does it.
And while we are at it, I would like to see VAR used (retrospectively if necessary) to give yellow cards for blatant dives. I am presuming that some number of yellow cards adds up to a match ban in this competition of course, or it wouldn't make sense to do it retrospectively!

Thought we were alright, certainly better than Germany, Argentina, France and Brazil

To be honest I don't see any improvement in that side. We come against a decent team then I would be concerned but saying that it's the first game so hopefully they come good.

Lots more positives than negatives for England. Not sure that what'shisface who gave the penalty away's good in back 3, Sterling had a poor match. OK, England were gifted chances from Tunisia's mystifying approach to marking set-pieces but that's a solid performance.

Back
Top Bottom