Good Article from Charlie Methven - Boardroom Chat

They must have been looking at the same game as Jack Ross. Maybe the author ended up at a different game in Oxford, or they are visually impaired and the person doing the commentary for them was trying to let them down gently.

I think it’s now been established that a number of them went to CPF. Where there wasn’t even a game.

He is a posh public schoolboy t**t. Came across very badly on the Sunderland Amazon series

Cant read the article for some reason just switches to sunderland ladies

I have no time for the chinless wonder, but he's one of our own. His view of their fanbase is probably aligned to the majority of posters on here.

I have no time for the chinless wonder, but he's one of our own. His view of their fanbase is probably aligned to the majority of posters on here.
You could imagine him doing the same about us, though. “Oxford fans just want us to buy players ‘oo-aar, whoy bain’t they brought no one?’”.

Blunderland fans : he called us parasites
Well actually he called out fans who watch matches on illegal streams in pubs instead of going to games and supporting the club.
Blunderland fans 2 years later. He called us parasites.

Now, I found this an interesting question. Of the players Charlie mentions as being influential, how many of these were replaced?
Until, we bring in talent like this again, it is going to be so difficult to progress up towards the right end of the table and away from the relegation zone.

Which Oxford players, from what you’ve been able to see, have impressed in a difficult season and should we therefore be worried about?

Shandon Baptiste is a star of the future but got a bad injury recently. Gavin Whyte has impressed in his first season in English football, Marcus Browne – as people will have seen in the SoL fixture – is lightning quick…and Oxford have the only ‘keeper in the division who can give Jon Mac a run for his money in big Easty, Simon Eastwood. Probably Oxford’s best outfield player is Curtis Nelson – quick, strong and decent on the ball for a centre half.

Now, I found this an interesting question. Of the players Charlie mentions as being influential, how many of these were replaced?
Until, we bring in talent like this again, it is going to be so difficult to progress up towards the right end of the table and away from the relegation zone.

Which Oxford players, from what you’ve been able to see, have impressed in a difficult season and should we therefore be worried about?

Shandon Baptiste is a star of the future but got a bad injury recently. Gavin Whyte has impressed in his first season in English football, Marcus Browne – as people will have seen in the SoL fixture – is lightning quick…and Oxford have the only ‘keeper in the division who can give Jon Mac a run for his money in big Easty, Simon Eastwood. Probably Oxford’s best outfield player is Curtis Nelson – quick, strong and decent on the ball for a centre half.

Proof that we have progressed into a far better team than we were.

Simon Eastwood - who you somehow forgot to underline, weird that - can't even get into the team nowadays.

Conspiracy theorist?😆 A far better team after losing those players? Right!
Why would I underline Eastwood, if he hasn't left the club, and isn't one of the players I was referring to????
For the record, I think Eastwood will come back as first choice a stronger keeper.
Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom