Glasgow Rangers friendly

Very jealous. Couldn't get this trip sorted on my budget, or my work leave allocation. Will be listening on iFollow at my desk.

Glasgow is a really nice city, I much prefer it to Edinburgh. Look forward to hearing the stories of the traveling yellows contingent on here afterwards!

My family on my dad's side is from Edinburgh but I'm not a fan either.

Glasgow is much better! Glad I moved here. Oxford was nice when I lived there but too expensive for housing, I sold up and moved to Glasgow as it was a similar standard of living for a fraction of the price.

My family on my dad's side is from Edinburgh but I'm not a fan either.

Glasgow is much better! Glad I moved here. Oxford was nice when I lived there but too expensive for housing, I sold up and moved to Glasgow as it was a similar standard of living for a fraction of the price.
Yeah I’d be tempted to join you if it wasn’t for the weather! And watching the yellows of course

Oh yes, go
Religious tension is a bi-product of a larger issue and a myriad of historical factors, but I'm not going to explain further as I doubt you have an understanding of 17th Century Dutch politics or any other of the finer points of the issue so i'd be wasting my time.

What I think you've done is watched a tv show by Danny Dyer on the issue and drawn your conclusion from there......

Top 4? Yes. Maybe after a decade in the Premiership they would compete for a top 4 spot. Finances were on parity between the EPL and SPL not too long ago (circa 2000). It's not beyond the imagination for either Celtic or Rangers after 10 years in the EPL, having accumulated a decades worth of finances from playing in the English top flight, to challenge for a top 4 position.

I think what you're doing is imaging Rangers/Celtic in their current form (2019) challenging for a top 4 position in today's EPL, which wouldn't happen obviously.

Of course god help me if you starting harping on about the Dutch Golden era or the eighty years war, I would be totally lost.
FYI, I've got more letters after my name than in my name!?

Over 1000 U's fans traveling to this game. Going to be a good atmosphere.

What's the total ticket allocation for Oxford? I know last time Celtic played there the away section was limited to just 800 tickets (used to be approx 7000 for the OF).

I don't know what to expect from Rangers in regards to a turn out, most of the Rangers boys I know are not bothering with the game which is a shame. Thy're playing Marseille pre-season which seems the big draw.

Saying that they usually have a good attendance so I'm expecting 10,000 minimum and probably around 20,000 the top end.

filling your ground in the modern era is not going to compete with the richest tv deal in football history.

It's a bit more complicated that.

The European Elite 2019: Football Clubs’ Valuation report compiled by global financial firm KPMG. has included Celtic amongst the biggest clubs in Europe.

The study is a comprehensive analysis providing an indication of the Enterprise Value (EV) of the 32 most prominent European football clubs as at January 1, 2019.

To do this Celtic had to meet the three-point selection criteria which required clubs to;

- be among the top 50 European teams by total operating revenues
- rank in the top 50 teams according to the five-year UEFA coefficient
- be among the top 30 European teams by number of social media followers

Can't make it to Glasgow this week, but done pre-season in the past to Vienna, Dublin and, er, the likes of Yeading and Farnborough. Any real ale fans travelling north, I can recommend the Bon Accord in Glasgow, possibly the best in Scotland, and I've tried many! Enjoy!

Not bothering with the new poster, I have a feeling this is just a new name being used by someone with previous on here!

I hope those going Enjoy their trip, have the right attitude and it will be a good trip. Depending on tomorrow night's result and with the chance of the Gers playing Tuesday we could end up playing some fringe players.

Off on my hols so enjoy folks
I assume you mean me! And it’s absolutely not, I don’t live in Glasgow for a start. I live in Northants.

There is more than one person with similar views though

That's a good location.

You're close to Sauchiehall Street, it's a long strip full of bars. It can get pretty wild down there! FYI there's Roma pick-pockets at the cashpoints at night so keep an eye out.

Yo're close to Finniston too (nearest station to get here is Exhibition Centre) - that's great for bars/cafes and is a bit more classier than Sauchiehall Street.

If you venture further in to town head for Merchant Square. There's an excellent Brew Dog pub in the area that does great food.

You can walk most places from where you're staying mate.

That's great, thank you for the info. Is there any bars close by that are good for good live music on a Saturday night?

I'm driving up so will be parking at the NCP car park and then drive and park near the ground on the Sunday.

Let's hope that (still missing players in key positions) we can give a decent account of ourselves so that those travelling (you are mad - well done!) have something to sing about...

You not coming up then ?

That's great, thank you for the info. Is there any bars close by that are good for good live music on a Saturday night?

I'm driving up so will be parking at the NCP car park and then drive and park near the ground on the Sunday.

Byres Road and Ashton Lane in the west end are very lively, dead close to Hillhead Station on the Glasgow Metro, and features probably the best curry house I have ever known in Ashoka. Also pretty cheap for a pint of Vitamin T.

Byres Road and Ashton Lane in the west end are very lively, dead close to Hillhead Station on the Glasgow Metro, and features probably the best curry house I have ever known in Ashoka. Also pretty cheap for a pint of Vitamin T.

Not after clubs, more good pubs that you can have a good sing song to a few classic songs.

Is anybody slightly concerned that they are a werk ahead of us in training and have already played a friendly, and we are desperately short of a striker and CB?
The result doesn't matter but we dont want to be hammered.

Is anybody slightly concerned that they are a werk ahead of us in training and have already played a friendly, and we are desperately short of a striker and CB?
The result doesn't matter but we dont want to be hammered.
They have a very important game on Thursday and we don’t , so I’m not worried but most definitely can’t wait to get a striker and centre back

Back
Top Bottom