Glasgow Rangers friendly

I've not been to a friendly for many, many years but I've always wanted to go to Ibrox so am trying to put a trip together.

I'd hope plenty of Rangers supporters come along but I'm sure most of us are very realistic about the draw of Oxford United north of the border. It won't detract from the spectacle of those Yellow shirts running out at such an iconic venue; at least not for me.

Do you even like football!? How often will we get chance to play at somewhere like Ibrox and in front of what should be a big crowd? Going to be a great weekend!!
Yes I do like football.
As I said it’s a friendly probably played in a stadium with hardly anyone in it.

Just wondering, the tickets go on sale to Season Ticket Holders Friday 7 June 5pm. Do you have to have renewed for 2019/20? As the prize draw deadline is 7 June, but keep your seat is open for another week.

United fan from Germany here!
Is there any way of getting to Glasgow with a coach or likewise apart from the LRC coach?
They don’t allow alcohol so what’s the point? Haha
Was planning on visiting family in Oxford with a mate whilst there.
Otherwise I might as well fly into Glasgow directly. Thanks for helping.

£199 return flights and hotel per person on Expedia.

My brother lives half an hour from Gatwick so I'll stay at his on the Friday and get the train to and from his house. 15 minute walk from the hotel (GoGlasgow Urban Hotel).

Anyone know any good pubs we have a beer in nearby?

What a pile of shite at the end there, why would you think about wearing green & grey top for Gers v Oxford? Next time you watch your beloved hoops sure to wear poppies as in your avatar. I'll stick a few full stops in the end also for effect.........
Have worn a poppy to a Celtic game, no hassle at all. Happy to bite, by to be honest what’s the point as come on our forum with a “Loyal” name, what are you actually loyal to? newly formed club? Or are you celebrating your Loyalist tendencies.
Hail, Hail

Yes, but the bargains can be found on internet

He says "Why can't we take 2,000" , Karl we've only been given 960 tickets.
I suspect we are in the lower tier, the 960 tickets are our first allocation and areas will be opened up and more tickets made available as and when required. I wouldnt be suprised if it's not a 20k crowd if the pricing is right.

initial allocation will be in the corner, Wigan were given extra tickets last year in some sections next to that in Broomloan Road end.

was that a bloostained poppy you wore? I'm a fan of both Oxford and Rangers hope that makes it ok to come on your forum? Is the P after your name in reference to the trials that are looming in the Paul Gadd arena?
We Are The People

was that a bloostained poppy you wore? I'm a fan of both Oxford and Rangers hope that makes it ok to come on your forum? Is the P after your name in reference to the trials that are looming in the Paul Gadd arena?
We Are The People
Think you forgot to quote so assume your responding to my comment. Not bloodstained at all, I’m a very proud Englishman who happens to support Celtic as well as Oxford (my first love obviously) - you support Oxford but join the forum after announcement of friendly, very strange. You are the people I accept, but only been the people since NewCo I assume.
If you know your history

Well that was easy to get a bite.

As for your point about Waghorn, you say he couldn't cut it in Scotland yet then went to a higher standard of football and is now a premier league player. In what way did he not cut it in Scotland?

Check on youtube north american rangers supporters are having their annual night tonight attended by thousands of ppl. No english club apart from united and Liverpool have the base we have. Any country you go theirs rangers bars from new york to sydney. Chelsea fans were posting from the uefa cup final in a rangers pub in baku. Im not arguing that football wise we arent a big pull anymore. That because of sky tv. But for fanbase wise not much touches us

Check on youtube north american rangers supporters are having their annual night tonight attended by thousands of ppl. No english club apart from united and Liverpool have the base we have. Any country you go theirs rangers bars from new york to sydney. Chelsea fans were posting from the uefa cup final in a rangers pub in baku. Im not arguing that football wise we arent a big pull anymore. That because of sky tv. But for fanbase wise not much touches us
Are Rangers the protestant one? Or does no one bother with all that dated stuff now?

Particularly when the only people in the world remotely interested in who's the biggest are supporters of the two clubs concerned. I've got a sneaky feeling that the inhabitants of Ouagadougou are as likely to have heard of Sheffield Wednesday as either of the old firm clubs.

You obviously haven’t been in the Rangers bar in Ouagadougou.

Last edited:
If Rangers and Celtic were such massive clubs then the SPL would have no trouble getting massive TV deals in the UK and abroad? Strange that a league with two f the biggest clubs in the world struggles.

Back
Top Bottom