Glasgow Rangers friendly

Is anybody slightly concerned that they are a werk ahead of us in training and have already played a friendly, and we are desperately short of a striker and CB?
The result doesn't matter but we dont want to be hammered.

Absolutely, but I believe we are around 5 players light.
Sorry, but with squad no where near assembled, the friendlies upon us and the season only a few weeks away, the clubs recruitment strategy this summer has again been an absolute shambles. Light on numbers, targets missed out and a recruitment meeting needed apparently needed does not seem to bode well.
I too thought the meeting on the day of the Doncaster game was regarding transfers and budget.

They have a very important game on Thursday and we don’t , so I’m not worried but most definitely can’t wait to get a striker and centre back
For me the draw for going is Glasgow and Ibrox, probably wont stay past half time whatever the score, its just a friendly..

Sorry, but with squad no where near assembled, the friendlies upon us and the season only a few weeks away, the clubs recruitment strategy this summer has again been an absolute shambles. Light on numbers, targets missed out and a recruitment meeting needed apparently needed does not seem to bode well.
I too thought the meeting on the day of the Doncaster game was regarding transfers and budget.
might as well jack it all in now then

I think that we are 2 key players light.
So we are desperate for a CB and Centre forward.
Then we can cover for most other positions although we could do with another right back and striker/ wide man.
Mackie looks to not being risked Sunday (which makes sense).
Whyte came back late from training so who will play upfront?

The official website says that BBC radio Oxford will be covering games on their website. It isn't clear if this includes Sunday's game.

I think that we are 2 key players light.
So we are desperate for a CB and Centre forward.
Then we can cover for most other positions although we could do with another right back and striker/ wide man.
Mackie looks to not being risked Sunday (which makes sense).
Whyte came back late from training so who will play upfront?

But do you honestly think a first team squad of 17 is big enough? If we have injuries then yes if there are U23 players playing exceptionally well, then of course they can be used on the bench, but the new lads haven't even kicked a football yet and are unknown quantities.

The first team squad should just be that, players that could play in a first 11. Ideally there would be 2 players for every position, a squad of 22 genuine first team players. Other clubs seem to manage to bring in enough players to ensure competition for places, why not Oxford.

We need two strikers, an experienced CB and a first choice left back, I don't see long as first choice.

But do you honestly think a first team squad of 17 is big enough? If we have injuries then yes if there are U23 players playing exceptionally well, then of course they can be used on the bench, but the new lads haven't even kicked a football yet and are unknown quantities.

The first team squad should just be that, players that could play in a first 11. Ideally there would be 2 players for every position, a squad of 22 genuine first team players. Other clubs seem to manage to bring in enough players to ensure competition for places, why not Oxford.

We need two strikers, an experienced CB and a first choice left back, I don't see long as first choice.
We need 2 strikers and a centre back! how come no ones mentioned that.

The official website says that BBC radio Oxford will be covering games on their website. It isn't clear if this includes Sunday's game.
They confirmed on Twitter that they aren’t covering Sunday’s game. This is due to an ongoing issue between Rangers and BBC Scotland.

Back
Top Bottom