Glasgow Rangers friendly

As of a couple of days ago only about 10k tickets had been sold and I am guessing that includes our tickets sold.

So as already mentioned it may just about be a 20k gate.

and likely 5 times the figure that would have attended had it been at Oxford

As of a couple of days ago only about 10k tickets had been sold and I am guessing that includes our tickets sold.

So as already mentioned it may just about be a 20k gate.

So gate receipts of about £200,000 do we have a share of that?

Should be a good weekend. Looking forward to it. Plenty of Yellows up on the Saturday, so should be a good afternoon and evening.

how close is this to selling out our (initial) ticket allocation?

For those that might be interested in that sort of thing, Saturday is the 'big walk' in Glasgow, when Orange Order marching bands from all over Glasgow converge on the George's Sq area. The advice I got from my mate up there was "don't wear anything green"
;)

I'll be the short ginger bearded one in the bar.

Driving up from Chester at 3ish on Saturday so hopefully get there around 7ish so there is plenty of time to sample the local bars.

Any recommendations from others to where to go around the charing cross area?

Keep an eye on Europa of Gibraltar result tomorrow, if they go through means gers play away leg Tues, go out and Thurs. Will affect team gers put out Sunday. Just a heads up

I'm from Oxfordshire, just outside Oxford originally and now live in Glasgow. I am attending the game Sunday - should be a good one.

I am also a Celtic season ticket holder (my dad moved from Scotland to Oxfordshire before I was born which is the connection).

Is there going to be a location/bar where the Oxford support meet up on match day? I would be happy to come over for a beer. I assume everyone knows how they're getting to the ground - if not I'm happy to get people there and back from the city centre.

Cheers.

Hoping to fit in visits to Hampden, Celtic, and Cathkin Park over the weekend, as well as seeing United win at Ibrox.

Hampden is a few minutes from where I live in Glasgow. The museum tour is quality - I think it's £8 but well worth a visit. There's not a great deal on the Old Firm, it's more well balanced and most of the clubs are covered.

Cathkin Park is just over the road too.

If you're in that area Shawlands/Strathbungo are good areas to eat/drink.

Back
Top Bottom