Give Robinson some slack

There are so many reasons that I don't want him as manager next season, reasons that ARE his fault, although he loves to blame anyone and everything else.

-He's messed up 2 transfer windows, with a budget that says we are many places below where we should be. Too many loans, too many players who were already carrying injuries. Pekalski never played a full game under kr, even when we had injuries
-Throws his own players under the bus, when it should be discussed in private.
-His post match interviews are cringe worthy, again you can always guess what he is going to say.
-We've been in a relegation battle all season.
-A player who is also a friend, said the squad were run ragged in Ireland training wise, leaving a lot of players with niggles that never came out, going into the new season. It was if he was trying to make a point about how hard things would be under him.
-If you fall foul of him forget it. The way Pekalski was treated was awful, particularly the way kr spoke about him after one of the Plymouth away games.

The minimum I expected this season was top 10, not because we have a divine right to be there but because of the budget he had to spend.
We don't support the manager we support the team, that's why we go to Coventry away, Accrington away or Bury away.

Your "reasons" are largely conjecture, irrelevant or whining drivel. The only point of substance is that we have been in the relegation zone all season. A big point indeed. But as has been discussed many times has a multitude of reasons, and can't be fully blamed on kr (although he should have a fair slice of it).

There are so many reasons that I don't want him as manager next season, reasons that ARE his fault, although he loves to blame anyone and everything else.

-He's messed up 2 transfer windows, with a budget that says we are many places below where we should be. Too many loans, too many players who were already carrying injuries. Pekalski never played a full game under kr, even when we had injuries
-His post match interviews are cringe worthy, again you can always guess what he is going to say.
-A player who is also a friend, said the squad were run ragged in Ireland training wise, leaving a lot of players with niggles that never came out, going into the new season. It was if he was trying to make a point about how hard things would be under him.
-If you fall foul of him forget it. The way Pekalski was treated was awful, particularly the way kr spoke about him after one of the Plymouth away games.

The minimum I expected this season was top 10, not because we have a divine right to be there but because of the budget he had to spend.
We don't support the manager we support the team, that's why we go to Coventry away, Accrington away or Bury away.

Using Pekalski as an argument against Robinson is about as pathetic as it gets! This is a player who returned from Sweden and immediately reported homesick and then unable to play through lack of fitness! That led to KR saying that he would come back and run every day!

What do you want him to say? Put your feet up fella, you must be knackered after that 15 minutes against Oxford City 2 years ago!!

As for being a friend to the players, I would expect that you'd occasionally get some inside information that is close to accurate!!

Mmm what a balanced well reasoned post.
Messed up TWO transfer windows? Really?
We have had decent form over the past 4 months as you will know.
Of Sykes, Graham, Kashi which of those have been poor signings?
I would say that the Janyary transfer window helped move us up the league and was pretty good.

Mmm what a balanced well reasoned post.
Of Sykes, Graham, Kashi which of those have been poor signings?
I would say that the Janyary transfer window helped move us up the league and was pretty good.

Simply my opinion of where I see him, don't like it? They say the wind changes the direction of the ship.
I take it then that you are happy with his transfer policy last summer:
Holmes? Carruthers? Smith? Hanson? Brown was injured? offering Hall a new contract? Derby County loan goalkeeper?
We've spent the best part of those four months either in the relegation zone, or just above it, haven't we?

Simply summed up by Sean Rice;
KR has under performed at almost everything he has done this season.
Summer signings
Interviews
Publicly slating players
Pre season schedule
Inaccurate assessment of performances
Management of players.
Tactics

Last edited:
If I was in charge I’d give the job to Chris Allen he can’t be no worse than what we have I reckon him and faz could do a great job just look at how he’s done at the youth team and he knows the club back to front, I understand it’s a different level but look at how Manchester United have changed under Ole no reason the same couldn’t happen here.

Please no, both were an utter disaster when they had their chance last season.

Simply my opinion of where I see him, don't like it? They say the wind changes the direction of the ship.
Holmes? Carruthers? Smith? Hanson? Brown was injured? offering Hall a new contract? Derby County loan goalkeeper?
We've spent the best part of those four months either in the relegation zone, or just above it, haven't we?

I take it that you're not happy with January's transfer window?
Sykes? Graham? Sinclair? Kashi?

Form and point totals are different issues. We have spent the last four months in play off form, haven't we?

Simply summed up by Sean Rice;
KR has under performed at almost everything he has done this season.
Summer signings
Interviews
Publicly slating players
Pre season schedule
Inaccurate assessment of performances
Management of players.
Tactics
Not sure that you read what I said.
I was not happy with the summer recruitment but that was one transfer window.
In January it was a decent window. Sykes, Graham, Kashi.
Do you disagree?

Not sure that you read what I said.
I was not happy with the summer recruitment but that was one transfer window.
In January it was a decent window. Sykes, Graham, Kashi.
Do you disagree?

The January signings eventually made a difference from February onwards, but should fans have to wait for the same next season, when we have been and still are in a relegation fight?
He is simply so arrogant not to see things as his fault, when things go wrong on the pitch. The joke around us during home games is coming up with the definitive list of excuses he will come up with at the end of the game when we have lost, and going on about how great things are behind the scenes.

The question is simple. Can he be trusted to make a better fist of it next season, when a relegation battle season is all he has produced this season? I felt he should have gone after the Luton game. For me no.

The January signings eventually made a difference from February onwards, but should fans have to wait for the same next season, when we have been and still are in a relegation fight?
He is simply so arrogant not to see things as his fault, when things go wrong on the pitch. The joke around us during home games is coming up with the definitive list of excuses he will come up with at the end of the game when we have lost, and going on about how great things are behind the scenes.

The question is simple. Can he be trusted to make a better fist of it next season, when a relegation battle season is all he has produced this season? I felt he should have gone after the Luton game. For me no.
Imagine that the January signings have only made a difference from February?! Come on Robbo, get your new signings firing on all cylinders a month before they sign you fool!!!!

And after the Luton game when you wanted him gone, Robinson has delivered 1.5 points per game (playoff form). If he is too arrogant to see when things have gone wrong, are you not equally as arrogant to not acknowledge the improvements he has made?

Even if he leaves Liverpool he’ll be way out of our price range unfortunately...

If we separated results and football then Robinson would have been praised earlier in the season when we were knocking the ball around nicely but getting beat. Under MApp, he started out by wanting to play beautiful football, was reluctant to change (plan b is going back to plan a), but after results crashed he tightened things up and went back to basics. Robinson has done the same and he is seen as lucky!!

If you think KR’s team was playing the same way and had the same potential as Mapp’s team in the same position then there’s no point in discussing this any further.
They were miles apart!
One was knocking the ball about aimlessly. With no movement or options going forward. Disjointed, slow and cumbersome.
One was purposefully moving the ball trying to open teams up and creating good chances.

KR couldn’t even clean Mapps Boots!

One thing i will say though. He wanted Maynard. He would have scored for us.

We tried to do a striker on the cheap.

For that, Tiger and Tiger alone is to blame.

Totally agree I don’t think KR is 100% to blame. I mean we all know the problem Tiger has had paying bills on time. What if the deals were agreed, the players ready to sign but the money wasn’t there to actually pay the other club?
We know something wasn’t right last summer with all the ‘player next week, no next week bull crap. but things looked a bit better in January. Hopefully this window will be even better again.
Let’s get safe first!

If you think KR’s team was playing the same way and had the same potential as Mapp’s team in the same position then there’s no point in discussing this any further.
They were miles apart!
One was knocking the ball about aimlessly. With no movement or options going forward. Disjointed, slow and cumbersome.
One was purposefully moving the ball trying to open teams up and creating good chances.

So out of interest I assume that you were one of the 65% or so who wanted MAPP out.
History is easy to rewrite but this vast majority on here wanted MAPP sacked in his first season.
They said he was arrogant got the first transfer window horribly wrong showed no passion on the touchline.
Everybody agrees that the first transfer window for KR went horribly wrong. I would imagine that most fair minded people realise that we were very unlucky with injuries.
And most would agree that since Southend away we have had bordering on playing form and have played some decent football

They were miles apart!

Whether there was a difference between MApp and KR or not, the fact remains that both had to change their styles when results mattered more than the football being played. MApp was rightly praised for this, Robinson is seen as "lucky".

Robinson's luck got us points against Fleetwood, Barnsley, Sunderland and beat Portsmouth against the odds. It has also got us 13 points in the last 6 games, again when most were only predicting doom. Since November we have seen form that would have us in 6th had it not been for the dreadful start. So if Robinson is to blame for the shocking first quarter of the season he much also be responsible for the significant improvements since. Take your blinkers off for a second and you might just see it!

Some people on here would make great MP’s. Ignoring facts, changing history to suit their points and single minded, refusing to change their opinions even if it doesn’t make sense.

Whether there was a difference between MApp and KR or not, the fact remains that both had to change their styles when results mattered more than the football being played. MApp was rightly praised for this, Robinson is seen as "lucky".

Robinson's luck got us points against Fleetwood, Barnsley, Sunderland and beat Portsmouth against the odds. It has also got us 13 points in the last 6 games, again when most were only predicting doom. Since November we have seen form that would have us in 6th had it not been for the dreadful start. So if Robinson is to blame for the shocking first quarter of the season he much also be responsible for the significant improvements since. Take your blinkers off for a second and you might just see it!

Stop trying to deal in Facts it get's you nowhere on a forum of doom and gloom :) Any defeat and the blame culture rises to the top but put a few positive results together and guess what the blame culture still rise to the top to continue speak of the past.

They were miles apart!

Pure revisionism ?? ffs
There’s no way of checking but I’d be willing to put money on the fact that you referred to MApp’s football as ‘tippy tappy’ throughout 2014-15

Back
Top Bottom