Give Robinson some slack

An interesting one. 5 points in 11 games and I would be amazed if the dressing room was 'a bed if roses'. Would any dressing room be good in that situation?
I have friends who have watched the odd game and have commented on how good the work rate and spirit appeared on the pitch.
As Henry said the other day, it is quite easy to see if the manager has lost the dressing. Room and KR clearly hasn't.
Some of KRs comments after games are daft. Results in the first 11 games were terrible, but some seem to want to therefore suggest that everything about KR is bad. After the first 11 games people on here were suggesting that we were down and we needed play off form to stay up. Surely he deserves some credit for nearly achieving playoff form (** proviso that we stay up)

Oh without doubt credit where it’s due. Where we are now is by far a better position than a few months ago.
Plus I think he’s had a lot to contend with that we don’t know about... yet.

But although the results recently have been good we’re not exactly playing teams off the park!
We beat Blackpool and Coventry and we were poor for most of those games. KR even said so himself!
We made very hard work of both Rochdale and Bradford. 2 very very poor sides.
Those games could so very easily have gone the other way!

They didn’t and I’m not complaining, I’ll take it anyway we can. Another crap performance and 1-0 win tomorrow would be fine. But that doesn’t make KR a great manager.

But in all honesty this team is just as likely to go on another bad run and put us back in the fight as pull away.

Seriously, looking at our match day squad we should be doing better.

I’ll cut KR some slack when he:
Keeps us up again... although he got us into this mess this time.
Has a very good summer transfer window,
Gets us playing some very good football next season.

Oh without doubt credit where it’s due. Where we are now is by far a better position than a few months ago.
Plus I think he’s had a lot to contend with that we don’t know about... yet.

But although the results recently have been good we’re not exactly playing teams off the park!
We beat Blackpool and Coventry and we were poor for most of those games. KR even said so himself!
We made very hard work of both Rochdale and Bradford. 2 very very poor sides.
Those games could so very easily have gone the other way!

They didn’t and I’m not complaining, I’ll take it anyway we can. Another crap performance and 1-0 win tomorrow would be fine. But that doesn’t make KR a great manager.

I think that you are being a little unfair!!
Fod the position we are in we did very well at Coventry and Blackpool. Sure we didn't play particularly well but we were away at play off chasing teams. Neither played us off the park!
If you are suggesting that we were 'lucky' (not sure the stats particularly back that up) we were unlucky v Sunderland and Wycombe away and Sunderland, Barnsley and even Luton at home.
Swings and roundabouts in a season.
The thing now is to win and get points. Since Southend away we have had bordering on play off form
That doesn't suggest that KR is a great manager agreed.
But what it does show in my view is that generally the players have stuck with him and they have battled back I from what was looking an almost impossible position.
Agree with you that next season top half is necessary for KR to remain

But what it does show in my view is that generally the players have stuck with him and they have battled back I from what was looking an almost impossible position.
Agree with you that next season top half is necessary for KR to remain

It does seem undeniable that the players have stuck to the task admirably for most of the season, and it would be churlish to deny that they are playing for Robinson.

I'd question whether top-half next season is enough for Tiger and his cohort or property directors, tho.

There you go. Now we’re paying our staff a few week late!
The only slack that should be cut for KR is the s**t he must have put up with behind the scenes.

Back
Top Bottom