EFL Gillingham match (and all other EFL games 17/4 at 3pm) to be moved

As football fans, we experience inconvenience frequently throughout the season - even more so with this season. COVID (Swindon and Crewe twice - who beat us too), weather (Northampton and their dodgy pitch - who also beat us) and TV (Lincoln - moved to a Friday night). Gillingham have inconvenienced everyone with their 1pm KOs all season.

A couple of hours difference is pretty mild. Imagine being a fan of a PL team where a 3pm Saturday KO is almost as rare as hen’s teeth nowadays.

Life and death are far more important than anything else the world throws at us.
Everyone has beliefs and not everyone believes in the same.
Love the Royal family, hate the Royal family or don’t have an opinion however nearly every current living person in the British isles have not known anything else at the top of the monarch and I am pretty sure that most if not 100% of everyone on this forum have sung “God Save The Queen” at some point in their life so hearing these comments are baffling.
Moving a kick off time or date of a football match is very trivial especially as all will become “normal service resumes“ the following Saturday.

Your right it's such a shame I think it's people just trying to funny .When it's not.

My missus must think it’s xmas as I am volunteering to do jobs all round the house next Saturday, I reckon we will play Friday night, my favourite is clearing out the loft as that will keep me out of the way. Dog will get a long walk whether she likes it or not.

I am just not interested in watching the funeral of someone I never knew, it’s faux grief and respect really, I will save the real stuff for family and friends (would avoid that if I could but unfortunately people die).

I get some of you go in for this but it’s alien to me, I told my missus I won’t watch the Queens funeral when that happens and she looked at me like I am mental but I have never watched anything to do with them, not a republican or monarchist just massively uninterested in it.

@Colin B my plan if played early is to pause iFollow and then take the kids out for a couple of hours, away from all media sources, and then press play at 3pm when they know to leave me alone for a couple of hours! If the game is played Friday night, I'll have to watch it then and work overtime Saturday. It's a bit of a pisser, but I guess it's something worth getting used to for the Chsmpionship and PL years ahead!!
Better keep away from anybody who looks like Brian Glover then

My missus must think it’s xmas as I am volunteering to do jobs all round the house next Saturday, I reckon we will play Friday night, my favourite is clearing out the loft as that will keep me out of the way. Dog will get a long walk whether she likes it or not.

I am just not interested in watching the funeral of someone I never knew, it’s faux grief and respect really, I will save the real stuff for family and friends (would avoid that if I could but unfortunately people die).

I get some of you go in for this but it’s alien to me, I told my missus I won’t watch the Queens funeral when that happens and she looked at me like I am mental but I have never watched anything to do with them, not a republican or monarchist just massively uninterested in it.
I’d watch the queens funeral as that counts as history, but Philip really doesn’t qualify for me. Hope we don’t play on Friday, I hate a free Saturday

Meeting my mum and sister outside somewhere on Saturday afternoon having not seen them for a good 6 months so would have missed the game. Now I should see it cheers Phillip!

@Colin B my plan if played early is to pause iFollow and then take the kids out for a couple of hours, away from all media sources, and then press play at 3pm when they know to leave me alone for a couple of hours! If the game is played Friday night, I'll have to watch it then and work overtime Saturday. It's a bit of a pisser, but I guess it's something worth getting used to for the Chsmpionship and PL years ahead!!
Ahh good thought. Good practice for the future!

it‘s faux grief and respect really’.
No, my friend, it is paying genuine respect to a person who devoted his life to our Queen and country, you don’t need to know someone personally to do that.
Thank goodness we’re all different eh?

The EFL have only gone and bowed down and moved the game to a 5.30 kick off, on the same day!
Unbelieveable.
I can’t actually believe they’ve done this without asking me , I’m literally shaking with rage.

Everybody is not a staunch royalist like yourself, some are indifferent to the Royals and some are even republicans.

official confrmation OM ... 5.30pm KO .... the powers that be haven't considered those who want to raise a glass or three to Phil the Greek after the televised ceromny then? ...................................bad show IMO ;)

I understand why it's been done. I don't have any particular feelings towards the Royals, they serve a purpose and as much as people complain they do bring in a lot of money to the UK via tourism. But I know that plenty of people care a lot more and will be gutted, and just because it hasn't affected me, it's still respectful to the millions that do, and it isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. 5:30pm isn't great for me with a baby needing food at that time, but hopefully I can sweeten the other half up during the week to get Saturday feeding duties off this week.

official confrmation OM ... 5.30pm KO .... the powers that be haven't considered those who want to raise a glass or three to Phil the Greek after the televised ceromny then? ...................................bad show IMO ;)

and don’t forget those loyal viewers of catchphrase and you bet. 😞

and as a footnote in the article, the Burton game has been moved to Sunday at Midday.

and as a footnote in the article, the Burton game has been moved to Sunday at Midday.

now that is really annoying ... moving all of league 1 games on the last day of the season, from a Saturday to a Sunday ... bastards :(

Everybody is not a staunch royalist like yourself, some are indifferent to the Royals and some are even republicans.
Royalist or republican, it matters not.
Pragmatism and perspective are the key words here, rather than near hysteria and irrationality....

Back
Top Bottom