Getting the crowds back in

It would be comparatively easy to make the North stand ready to accept up to 2k fans, gated fences both ends, one way in the other the exit (Burger van in the middle:D) simple(y)

You need space/empty seats around each bubble of seated fans, so a couple will have seats empty all around them, so not using all 3 stands is a no go I should think.

Without away fans and with such low numbers you still won’t need loads of stewards, 2000 spread over 3 stands is going to be pretty easy to control even for the most inept of stewards.

Agree, 12500 available seats for 1000 will mean everyone can sit safely. I just hope people don't moan about not sitting in the stand they have bought season ticket if they need to spread people out.

Apologies if this has been touched upon, but surely there is the added difficulty that not all fans live in Oxfordshire - many come form further afield and could effectively be moving between tiers.

Agree, 12500 available seats for 1000 will mean everyone can sit safely. I just hope people don't moan about not sitting in the stand they have bought season ticket if they need to spread people out.
A forlorn hope, I fear.

Wonder how the club will decide who goes? I'm chomping at the bit to go back! COYY

To give the perspective of my "other" club Union Berlin, who have had up to 5,000 in this season...all season ticket holders who wanted a ticket for a certain game had the option of applying for a ticket online, then the first 5,000 were drawn at random in a tombola. Both winners and losers were informed, with winners then getting a link to download their personalised tickets (non-transferrable). Was some people with winning tickets in all games, some with losing tickets in all games, some (most) with a mix of both. Winners had the price deducted from their "season ticket credit", losers or people who didn't apply obviously didn't.

Although this is terraces we're talking about, so obviously easier to plan with no set seats.

That's an interesting point regarding non transferable tickets. I wonder if they'll do name checks on the tickets to avoid any issues with social bubbles etc.

The opposite for me. It'll be a rare opportunity to see the game from some different spots.

cue me getting allocated the worst seat in the house

OM on OUFC 'plans for fans' - 1k trial v Hull - then ( if all goes to plan) 2k for the (vegan) pizza game .... would that make it more than would go to the trophy game than outside of lockdown? .... and, as its not included in the ST, will lesser non ST holders be 'invited'-as as yet, despite Tigers recentish 5 min fans forum claim in response to a question, (unless Ive missed it) there's been no info re 2020/21 season oufc membership going on a sale ( a small, but presumably welcome income steam for OUFC) ?....

I would think that the club would allow ST holders to attend that PJT game for free just purely because it would allow them to reach the 2k limit. This would allow them to determine whether or not they can handle 2k in the ground, and if they can they can allow 2k in for the next home league game instead of pushing it back even more.

I think they are more likely to take the opportunity to put £20k (or more) in the coffers.....

If it must be ST holders.......

Do you have a ST?
Do you live in Oxfordshire?
Are you willing to sit anywhere?

That will cull the 4k ST holders down by 50% I reckon.

Folk who answer yes to all 3 are top of the pile, there is your 1k easy enough.

If that works then start to think about bubbles, that`ll be the next step up to 2k.

Some of us won`t want to go, can`t go or otherwise.

That's an interesting point regarding non transferable tickets. I wonder if they'll do name checks on the tickets to avoid any issues with social bubbles etc.
I'd say it's essential...if only for possible tracking afterwards. I've said it once and it bears repeating, there were fans in in Germany with distancing and other measures in place for over a month and there were no reported outbreaks or hotspots caused by football...the people saying that the Atalanta game or Liverpool game in March were catalysts often fail to take into account the situation outside the stadium and travelling to and from the game in seeing where infections stemmed from.

Do you have a ST?

If that works then start to think about bubbles, that`ll be the next step up to 2k.

Absolutely not! Paid for two 1893 club season tickets at premium rate. Happy to support the club but when it comes to attending, both Mrs Lounger and myself fully intend sitting in, at a bare minimum, SSU seats. Would prefer our normal seats as they give us the view we are accustomed to but, willing to compromise to a degree to accommodate circumstances.
Frankly, I don't see any reason why we would need to be seated anywhere else.

Do you have a ST?

I would sat that season ticket holders who travel a long distance to matches (no, not me) deserve to be top of the pile, not locals necessarily.

Absolutely not! Paid for two 1893 club season tickets at premium rate. Happy to support the club but when it comes to attending, both Mrs Lounger and myself fully intend sitting in, at a bare minimum, SSU seats. Would prefer our normal seats as they give us the view we are accustomed to but, willing to compromise to a degree to accommodate circumstances.
Frankly, I don't see any reason why we would need to be seated anywhere else.
Yes well the club will obviously need to work around you

Back
Top Bottom