Getting the crowds back in

Is the car park going to be full with people having to drive separately? :D me and my mates usually give each other lifts to games.
Facemasks, gloves and all windows open.
Or
Roof rack and the boot 😉

I wonder if the club will do another survey to see who's interested in attending?

In the original survey I said I would like to attend, however now I don't really care so that opens up the space for someone else.

Just leave iFollow free for ST holders, only let folk in from the Shire and make them pay.

Simple fix.

Amazingly the lockdown capital of the UK is in Tier 3 so that will be around 165 days by the time we get to the review....... City motto is "Semper Eadem" - roughly translates to "always the same"

Just leave iFollow free for ST holders, only let folk in from the Shire and make them pay.

Simple fix.

Amazingly the lockdown capital of the UK is in Tier 3 so that will be around 165 days by the time we get to the review....... City motto is "Semper Eadem" - roughly translates to "always the same"

How is iFollow free for season ticket holders? They paid for their season tickets. It’s £10 a game, no adult season ticket was that cheap.

How is iFollow free for season ticket holders? They paid for their season tickets. It’s £10 a game, no adult season ticket was that cheap.
I believe ST holders get a pass for ifollow home league matches only? .... its (technically) not 'free' as they've stumped up, (in advance- with no guarantee of watching any home league matches live this season, or probably not for most of it), for a ST - which in normal circumstances, covers their seat so to speak for home league games, and gives priority for cup tickets and away matches ( cup and league).... as ( presumably?) OUFC 'sell' ifollow broadcast passes for home league matches (at £10 a match) , its a gesture on the clubs part to ST holders for buying this seasons ST with little likelihood of any guarantee of watching live matches (yet)

For cup games and away league games its £10 per match for an ifollow pass for everyone ST holders included - I think?

I don’t really see a massive problem with this, we have 4,000 season ticket holders who have paid to attend games this season, the only fair way is to split them into two groups and let them attend alternate games.

No B*****s about it costing the club money, those fans paid to attend, those seats are taken and the club even sold those tickets as anyone who bought them would be the first ones let back in.

The club can’t do anything about only being allowed 2000 in, so fair enough, but doing anything other than splitting those fans into two groups and alternating the games is robbery.

I don’t really see a massive problem with this, we have 4,000 season ticket holders who have paid to attend games this season, the only fair way is to split them into two groups and let them attend alternate games.

No B*****s about it costing the club money, those fans paid to attend, those seats are taken and the club even sold those tickets as anyone who bought them would be the first ones let back in.

The club can’t do anything about only being allowed 2000 in, so fair enough, but doing anything other than splitting those fans into two groups and alternating the games is robbery.
If only it was that simple. The split and numbers will be determined, to a large extent, by the "social bubbles" of season ticket holders. The club, according to NMcW this evening on the fans forum, will be making an announcement via the web site tomorrow with a more detailed report after Monday's safety meetings.

Speaking metaphorically otherwise you get the "2k spaces and 4k of us ST holders".
We knew the risks when we bought them.
For the greater good and all that..............

Something else to consider with regard to who gets to be part of the 2000 allowed in, season tickets are held for different parts of the ground with different prices paid. SSU seat holders may not take kindly to being placed in the East stand and vice versa. There is quite a headache in terms of the logistics involved.

Simple fix.

Why? We’ve already paid and although I watch it on Ifollow as the payment is taken from my ST but those who haven’t bought an ST can pay £10 and watch Ifollow, so us ST holders should get first dibs at seeing it live on a rota basis

Something else to consider with regard to who gets to be part of the 2000 allowed in, season tickets are held for different parts of the ground with different prices paid. SSU seat holders may not take kindly to being placed in the East stand and vice versa. There is quite a headache in terms of the logistics involved.
People who have paid for the SSU May feel aggrieved but hopefully they’re not going to moan where they are placed as they get to see the game live either way whether they eat prawn sandwiches or steak and kidney pie ( with the obligatory hair )

If only it was that simple. The split and numbers will be determined, to a large extent, by the "social bubbles" of season ticket holders. The club, according to NMcW this evening on the fans forum, will be making an announcement via the web site tomorrow with a more detailed report after Monday's safety meetings.

And after the stewards and safety team have their run through of how it’ll all work before the game on Saturday.

Can they just work out how many people want to go (complete the survey)

Say 4000. Workout a way of making 2000 from the various social bubble sizes and then rotate every game?

Can they just work out how many people want to go (complete the survey)

Say 4000. Workout a way of making 2000 from the various social bubble sizes and then rotate every game?
That's part of the theory. We were told that although we would be able to attend, we would not be guaranteed our usual season ticket seat. This was part of a conversation had before the first attempt to bring fans back collapsed. It was seen then that SSU, as an example, season ticket holders would be spread out in their social bubbles throughout the SSU. The idea was that as many as possible would be able to attend.
It may well be that each stand is given a number and then that number is split between the ticket holders for that stand. I don't wish that job on anyone! The ticket office will be inundated with calls from those not getting to see a game. On the other hand, there will be some who simply do not feel safe to attend.

Potentially 2000 fans would allow 500 or so across SSL, SSU, East and North standards which will hopefully allow most to sit in the areas they bought ST's for. However it's possible that they may not open all stands to minimise stewards/turnstile staffing and maximise distance between each group of fans.

It is unlikely to be perfect and there will be a number who find themselves missing games or sitting in seats they wouldn't have otherwise chosen. I would be disappointed if they used this as a stick to beat the club with. The most important thing is that fans that wish to attend are able to do so in a way that is safe for them and others. If you're a few seats away, or in another stand entirely then please remember that there would be thousands who would happily swap with you!

I think they should open all stands to space people out. I'd like to think people would be prepared to sit anywhere given the circumstances.

As long as we don't alternate so that it's left siders one week and right side the next, I think we'll be ok. Otherwise we might struggle with social distancing.

Back
Top Bottom