Getting the crowds back in

And what about people travelling from one 'Tier' to another?

I do worry that the government are jumping the gun with things like this (if true) and the Christmas fudge (yum) that is coming up. Let's get the vaccine in, get the vulnerable protected and *then* start all this. (Yes, of course I'd like to go to football and have a family Christmas like everyone else)
Another fair question. Plenty of ST holders don’t live inside the county. Who monitors that, aside from the obvious issues regarding fairness? Or is it common sense again?

Nobody has a clue what they’re doing.

So I`ll trundle down from the lockdown capital of the UK that will probably be in Tier 3......... and mingle with you folk in Tier 2.... what could go wrong?

So I`ll trundle down from the lockdown capital of the UK that will probably be in Tier 3......... and mingle with you folk in Tier 2.... what could go wrong?
I’ll make sure I only have the one j’s worth, so that we have to take turns toking. It’s just a bit of saliva. Nothing worth missing out on the jazz cabbage for.

Public health aside - and it’s a horrific idea if this is indeed true - good luck getting clubs to juggle this in terms of logistics.

“How many season ticket holders can we let in?”

“4,000 this week, but that might change at barely a day’s notice at absolutely any moment.”

“How do we choose the 4,000?”

“No idea.”
First 4,000 who signed up or pick out of a very large hat.
Put immediately into two groups, the first 2,000 and second 2,000. Send email to to first 2,000 saying they can still attend if tier changes prior to game. Send email to second 2,000 stating they can't attend if tier changes. Not beyond possibility for an organisation with a bit of nous is it?

“What if we change tiers before a home game? How do we cut 4,000 to 2,000, especially if it’s as late as a Friday afternoon?”

“No idea.”
Re-Send previous two emails.

“So what do we do with the streams? Do we just leave them all active, all the time?”

“No idea.”
Yes, leave all active.

This is going to be as big a mess up as track & trace and a nightmare for OUFC - how the hell do they pick 2000 names?

EnhoCDSW4AEWXEg

It’s quite straightforward isn’t it?
We find out which tier we are all in on Thursday.
The club then know how many are allowed in, and draw up the criteria for who gets to see the game. Can we travel from one tier to another? Who knows.
Logistically challenging? Absolutely, and whatever the club decide will undoubtedly be seen as unfair by some, but let’s not forget the unprecedented nature of the situation the club and EFL find themselves in; have a little patience......

Hmmm let's see how this all works out then shall we? The difficulty I can see is how to keep people distanced on the concourses, especially at this time of year. I hope it all works out, but I think I might wait until I've been vaccinated until I start going again.

It’s quite straightforward isn’t it?
We find out which tier we are all in on Thursday.
The club then know how many are allowed in, and draw up the criteria for who gets to see the game. Can we travel from one tier to another? Who knows.
Logistically challenging? Absolutely, and whatever the club decide will undoubtedly be seen as unfair by some, but let’s not forget the unprecedented nature of the situation the club and EFL find themselves in; have a little patience......
It sounds like most areas will be in tiers 2 or 3. People shouldn't be traveling between different tiers, and certainly not for non-essential activities

It sounds like most areas will be in tiers 2 or 3. People shouldn't be traveling between different tiers, and certainly not for non-essential activities
Shouldn’t be, I agree.
Lets hope that’s mandated and we don’t have to rely on common sense.....

They’ll let sport fans come back and then blame us all when the cases have supposedly risen in the new year. Just as they did with the whole ‘eat out to help out’ initiative. I don’t trust them, as far as I can throw them.

I’m sure the staff at the ticket office will painstakingly go through the addresses of ST holders. As you say if you’re in tier 3 what’s to stop you travelling into tier 2 with your good self being at more risk of having the virus and not knowing and passing it on to many supporters.

Hopefully clubs will be instructed to exclude tier 3 addresses.
And if not
Hopefully those in tier 3, will consider the health of there fellow fans.

If we sell half season tickets I would buy one following this news.

First 4,000 who signed up or pick out of a very large hat.
Put immediately into two groups, the first 2,000 and second 2,000. Send email to to first 2,000 saying they can still attend if tier changes prior to game. Send email to second 2,000 stating they can't attend if tier changes. Not beyond possibility for an organisation with a bit of nous is it?

Re-Send previous two emails.

Yes, leave all active.

Exactly this. A number of people buy season tickets but do not attend games, and this may be even more in the current circumstances.

So contact all season ticket holders (as was done back in September) to confirm who will or won't attend. If around 4000 (which wouldn't be a million miles out), then split into 2 "bubbles" of 2000 based on existing family/household groups. Offer games to bubble 1, then bubble 2 alternatively when in the second tier. Or both bubbles if in tier 1. No one able to attend if travelling from tier 3 regions, or if they are isolating or symptomatic.

Not perfect, but certainly not beyond the logistical ability of the club to get people back in.

They’ll let sport fans come back and then blame us all when the cases have supposedly risen in the new year. Just as they did with the whole ‘eat out to help out’ initiative. I don’t trust them, as far as I can throw them.
Did ‘they’ blame people for using Eat out to help out contributing to a rise in cases?
One research paper suggested it could have been responsible, the Treasury denied it, so who was blaming ’us’ ?

If we sell half season tickets I would buy one following this news.

I get this, but I would hope that those who paid upfront back in June are prioritised over those who buy one now. They've paid full price for half season attendance and deserve first bite until numbers significantly increase.

Exactly this. A number of people buy season tickets but do not attend games, and this may be even more in the current circumstances.

So contact all season ticket holders (as was done back in September) to confirm who will or won't attend. If around 4000 (which wouldn't be a million miles out), then split into 2 "bubbles" of 2000 based on existing family/household groups. Offer games to bubble 1, then bubble 2 alternatively when in the second tier. Or both bubbles if in tier 1. No one able to attend if travelling from tier 3 regions, or if they are isolating or symptomatic.

Not perfect, but certainly not beyond the logistical ability of the club to get people back in.
If we’re in tier 2 it would have to be alternative bubble 1 1st game bubble 2nd game, not sure how much more than 4,000 ST we’ve sold but they could be sorted.

Back
Top Bottom