Getting the crowds back in

Orient have cancelled their game with Spuds. They`ll have to forfeit it.
Never mind....

they offered to fulfill the fixture though. Have no sympathy for them

There will be a lot of fixtures that will not be fulfilled throughout this season.

Being truthful, I really don't care about this season football wise, I honestly don't give a s**t.

I only care that we still have a club at this time next year!

That is the concern. I was really hoping for my first season ticket in years. Instead it looks like the season will be finished early again

There will be a lot of fixtures that will not be fulfilled throughout this season.

Being truthful, I really don't care about this season football wise, I honestly don't give a s**t.

I only care that we still have a club at this time next year!

I got bored watching the game on my phone on Saturday, admittedly the performance and my failed attempts to get it on laptop/tv didn’t help, but it’s just such a poor watch with no crowd and doesn’t even come close to being there. I watch some of the prem games, the better coverage helps but I get bored of them eventually with no crowd to give the games any sense of occasion.

I will watch our games, I have paid for them but I can’t say it will be with the same sense of enthusiasm. I will half heartedly watch some prem games but while doing something else.

Have to agree that what’s most important to me is the club survives for when we can go back, that’s real football not the half arsed solution we are having to put up with.

The rules......failing to fulfil a fixture or such like, combined with Spurs having no space to reschedule because of Europa League etc...
But it’s a pandemic and the team is short due to illnesses and with the situation that is happening now that would be unfair, but if the virus keeps infecting more won’t belong before another total s**t down so football will be null and void

The government will step in, I will be very surprised if they don’t.
There will be a fund to draw on I would have thought but the clubs would have to pay it back over a period of time.
They are not going to let rafts of clubs go bust when you think how important they are to the local communities that they represent.
It would be a vote loser for a start.

There will be a fund to draw on I would have thought but the clubs would have to pay it back over a period of time.
They are not going to let rafts of clubs go bust when you think how important they are to the local communities that they represent.

I'm not sure I agree.

Bailing out football clubs could be a far bigger vote loser. Football is one part of an entertainment industry which will be hit more-or-less across the board.

How do you think Joe non-football Public will react to a bailout when he knows Gareth Bale is on £20M a year or whatever it is?

Like they did with Bury and Macclesfield?

Out with the plastic premiershit, there will be no interest in saving our game and clubs.

Not being over dramatic, I really think we as a support better get ready to put our hands in our pockets at some stage to help the club out.

I know many have purchased season tickets, but I am talking beyond if the s**t hits the fan..

This could not come at a worse time for us as we look at options for where we will be playing in a few short years!

I'm not sure I agree.

Bailing out football clubs could be a far bigger vote loser. Football is one part of an entertainment industry which will be hit more-or-less across the board.

How do you think Joe non-football Public will react to a bailout when he knows Gareth Bale is on £20M a year or whatever it is?
I tend to agree, I wonder if the Premier League might find a fund to assist the lower leagues instead.

The equivalent of a couple of transfer fees could be enough to tide over the 48 L1 and L2 clubs for a season. What strings that payment would come with however.........

I am not sure. From what I have seen, stupid transfer fees are still being paid and clubs (including ours) are paying high wages. So I feel clubs have done very little to rein their costs in.

There is still a problem with communication and education of the public. But its not only the UK, here in Malaysia they are due to finish a 6 month moratorium on loan repayments (home loan, ie mortgage, car, business loans etc). And people don't have the means to start repaying, but worryingly the public thought it meant the government were paying the installments, not that they were deferred.

I still think the economic impact both in the UK and globally has barely started and the general public are still spending like nothing is happening.

I tend to agree, I wonder if the Premier League might find a fund to assist the lower leagues instead.

The equivalent of a couple of transfer fees could be enough to tide over the 48 L1 and L2 clubs for a season. What strings that payment would come with however.........
Arent the Premier League already elbowing their way to the front of the queue for the handouts?

The rules......failing to fulfil a fixture or such like, combined with Spurs having no space to reschedule because of Europa League etc...

The orient chairman did make an interesting point that there is an incentive not to test players due to the crazy schedule this season.

Not that I have any sympathy for them. Absolute toilet of a football club.

Sean Dyche made a point about the Premier "helping out".

"Why should successful businesses bail out the less successful?"is what he said in a nutshell.

Bet he wouldn`t have said it if Burnley were in League 2..............

Really hard to reconcile all the talk about football being in deep s**t on the one hand yet still we have all this talk of multi million pound transfers and players agreeing new deals on hundreds of thousands a month. The talk about football is still far too focused on the big clubs during all of this and it pisses me off.

It also really sticks in the throat when I hear the likes of Frank Lampard say we need fans in stadiums because it is what the ”Premiership“ is all about..... No Frank!!, it is what football as a whole is all about... It is not about you with all of your riches.

But looking from the other side of the fence, I can also see why some comments are made by the likes of Sean Dyche. Burnley are not a rich club in the context of the Premiership and maybe they look at the likes of Oxford and see an incredibly wealthy Board of Directors who have more than enough resources to stump up survival funds if push came to shove?

In any event, quite why football stadia can’t be seen to safely accommodate reduced fan numbers in the open air yet 47,000 pubs around the UK can allow people in to watch football in a much more enclosed atmosphere is beyond me.

Some of this stuff just doesn’t make sense and it does make me feel football/sport in general is way down on the priority list, when in actual fact to a large extent it forms the fabric of our society.

I won’t be at all surprised if over the next few weeks household gatherings will be restricted further, Christmas will be cancelled and we will see football suspended for a few weeks for its own circuit break.

I have already accepted that I won’t be seeing a game of football in the flesh this season.

CLUBS NEED A RESCUE PACKAGE says United MD Niall McWilliams

The U's are reliant on its shareholders and the business community during the pandemic.

If we are reliant on the business community for sponsorship it's strange we have no sponsors / partners for our shorts,
our website, the scoreboard and part of the fence end is not sponsored/branded.

An observation but not necessarily a critique! But i will have a moan about the kit release delays ( i know we have a new front of shirt deal)
but getting new kits out has been slow and we still don't know what our third kit looks like two weeks into the new season.

Even K Robinson has said we are miles off commercially. He said this is a club video during the summer.

Last edited:
Can’t remember where I saw it mentioned but I’m sure all PL clubs can comfortably survive without fans in the stadiums as the tv revenue is worth that much to them. That’s why Bournemouth weren’t overly concerned about their stadium being only around 11k.

• React
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom