Getting the crowds back in

I'm not sure I'll get anything out of the match day experience until the distancing is over. I could just about manage it in a lovely old stadium under the lights, but why sit on the outskirts of BBL in the freezing cold with a mask on and no atmosphere when I could be having a (marginally) better and more comfortable experience at home.

Hopefully the bed wetters will be first to get the vaccine so we can stop worrying and humans can get back to doing what humans are supposed to do, come the end of the season.

If you’re tier 3 you shouldn’t be allowed to attend, it is unfair but if the government have placed in area in tier 3 and the minimal travel except for work, hospital then it means going to an entertainment venue is a no, but come Dec 16th it may all changed and tier 3’s could be tier 2 or even, so if that is the case I would hope the club would look at those who are ST holders but couldn’t attend because of the tier situation should be given priority over the next game themat they would be able to attend.
This virus thing is simple the problem is people are making it complicated. The rules for tier 3 clearly say:
  • avoid travelling to other parts of the UK, including for overnight stays other than where necessary, such as for work, education, youth services, to receive medical treatment, or because of caring responsibilities. You can travel through other areas as part of a longer journey
That means, sorry to say, if OUFC ask you if you’d like to attend a match you should say no if you’re in tier 3. But that’s where it becomes complicated because you and I know people are going to say fook it ”yes please”.

You have almost no chance of catching COVID-19 if you and everyone else follows the simple rules of hands, face and space. The problem is people don’t give a crap and then moan when they find themselves in tier 3.

People can’t even be bothered to take a couple of steps to the side when out running or walking! When people are shopping and they want something you’re looking at they don’t wait until you’re 2 meters away, they just push in and grab it.

I don’t think people will be able to help themselves at football either. So you’ll see hundreds of people chatting away without a care for the virus.

If people could just follow the rules 4000 would be in.

I can't see there being a problem for the EFL trophy game against FGR. The boycott because of the premiership U21s is surely still in place, so the thousand and less who attended theses games previously pre covid should be given priority to purchase the tickets.

This is a key point. The measures that will inevitably be put in place aren't designed to make YOUR experience worse, they are designed to make it safe for others to enjoy. There have been many experiences of communities coming together through covid, but still a small core of selfish individuals who can't see how their actions affect others.

Not travelling from tier 3 locations, not travelling if you or others in your household are symptomatic, sitting in the seat allocated to you, not mixing with other bubbles, wearing masks, consenting to temperature checks on arrival etc will all be frustrating, but 1000's of others will happily take your place.

If collectively we do this, and the processes are shown to be safe, then in time these restrictions will ease and we can ALL get back to the match day experiences we love.

I'm not sure I'll get anything out of the match day experience until the distancing is over. I could just about manage it in a lovely old stadium under the lights, but why sit on the outskirts of BBL in the freezing cold with a mask on and no atmosphere when I could be having a (marginally) better and more comfortable experience at home.

Hopefully the bed wetters will be first to get the vaccine so we can stop worrying and humans can get back to doing what humans are supposed to do, come the end of the season.
The bed wetters? Does that mean people in care homes? Or Brexiter snowflakes?

This is a key point. The measures that will inevitably be put in place aren't designed to make YOUR experience worse, they are designed to make it safe for others to enjoy. There have been many experiences of communities coming together through covid, but still a small core of selfish individuals who can't see how their actions affect others.

Not travelling from tier 3 locations, not travelling if you or others in your household are symptomatic, sitting in the seat allocated to you, not mixing with other bubbles, wearing masks, consenting to temperature checks on arrival etc will all be frustrating, but 1000's of others will happily take your place.

If collectively we do this, and the processes are shown to be safe, then in time these restrictions will ease and we can ALL get back to the match day experiences we love.
100% agree I wish they would. But people will not follow the rules. Just this morning an old lady - an old lady who I would assume is at high risk literally pushed past me in the supermarket. The kids will be out in the pubs next weekend finding a way to have a meal but actually just sit about drinking with their mates.

I would sat that season ticket holders who travel a long distance to matches (no, not me) deserve to be top of the pile, not locals necessarily.
Exactly, just because someone lives outside of the county, you can't discriminate, as most other areas are also Tier 2 like Oxfordshire. It can only be all ST in a fair ballot, or drawn somehow.

This virus thing is simple the problem is people are making it complicated. The rules for tier 3 clearly say:
  • avoid travelling to other parts of the UK, including for overnight stays other than where necessary, such as for work, education, youth services, to receive medical treatment, or because of caring responsibilities. You can travel through other areas as part of a longer journey
That means, sorry to say, if OUFC ask you if you’d like to attend a match you should say no if you’re in tier 3. But that’s where it becomes complicated because you and I know people are going to say fook it ”yes please”.

You have almost no chance of catching COVID-19 if you and everyone else follows the simple rules of hands, face and space. The problem is people don’t give a crap and then moan when they find themselves in tier 3.

People can’t even be bothered to take a couple of steps to the side when out running or walking! When people are shopping and they want something you’re looking at they don’t wait until you’re 2 meters away, they just push in and grab it.

I don’t think people will be able to help themselves at football either. So you’ll see hundreds of people chatting away without a care for the virus.

Well said

I would sat that season ticket holders who travel a long distance to matches (no, not me) deserve to be top of the pile, not locals necessarily.
I would say the opposite. Reduce travel and prevent people from tier 3 from coming into an area with a lower infection rate. The situation needs to be reviewed at least once a fortnight.

Really not sure I want to be picked to watch that shite at the moment.

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, I couldn't find anything.

Just noticed that on the E-Ticketing website, under account history, I have been assigned a new season ticket seat for 'Social Distancing'.
Same stand, same side, just pushed out to the extremities, as you'd expect.

'Larger outdoor seated venues such as football stadiums will be allowed up to 10,000 people or be a quarter full, whichever is lower.'

ST holders possibly on their way to Wembley then or the Play-Off final given our 5,000 allocation!

'Larger outdoor seated venues such as football stadiums will be allowed up to 10,000 people or be a quarter full, whichever is lower.'

ST holders possibly on their way to Wembley then or the Play-Off final given our 5,000 allocation!
Thats because of the Euros, they could have made it in April so that we could have seen at least a couple of games.

Back
Top Bottom