Getting the crowds back in

Absolutely not! Paid for two 1893 club season tickets at premium rate. Happy to support the club but when it comes to attending, both Mrs Lounger and myself fully intend sitting in, at a bare minimum, SSU seats. Would prefer our normal seats as they give us the view we are accustomed to but, willing to compromise to a degree to accommodate circumstances.
Frankly, I don't see any reason why we would need to be seated anywhere else.
So if names are drawn from a hat and you are asked to rough it in the East stand, you won’t be going?

Yes well the club will obviously need to work around you
Absolutely. This is exactly what many of us feared at the start of all this crap. Neither the club nor the EFL had really thought this through. Take our money for a more expensive season ticket with no regard at all for how things might play out. Actually, we got a discount for not using the bars or lounge but, still paid a handsome price. Ok, we could afford it and also afford to "donate" the refund on our last seasons tickets. That does not mean that we should accept a seat below the price level of what we have contracted to with the club. It's not a case of being pretentious or demanding anything above and beyond. it's what we paid for and also, the agreed risk that we entered into with the club in terms of whether we would be able to attend or not.
As far as we are concerned, if someone has a seat in the east stand or the 1893 club, they are equally entitled to receive what they paid for.

We all, season ticket holders that is, receive the same level of service from iFollow, there are no options in that area but, in terms of seating, there are most definitely options. I fully expect the club to respect that and take that into consideration when determining who can and who cannot attend. That's not saying 1893 members take precedent, that is simply saying that everyone deserves a fair shout and the chance to sit in the seats (or stand) of their predetermined season ticket purchase.

So if names are drawn from a hat and you are asked to rough it in the East stand, you won’t be going?
Why would the club decide to put 2000 season tickets holders in one stand? Nonsensical comment. Aside from that, "drawing from a hat" is the probably the least likely option.
Social bubbles, accessibility and ticket price will all be determining factors. I'm not sure that many folk have really thought this through in the way that the club have, and will, be thinking this through.

Absolutely. This is exactly what many of us feared at the start of all this crap. Neither the club nor the EFL had really thought this through. Take our money for a more expensive season ticket with no regard at all for how things might play out. Actually, we got a discount for not using the bars or lounge but, still paid a handsome price. Ok, we could afford it and also afford to "donate" the refund on our last seasons tickets. That does not mean that we should accept a seat below the price level of what we have contracted to with the club. It's not a case of being pretentious or demanding anything above and beyond. it's what we paid for and also, the agreed risk that we entered into with the club in terms of whether we would be able to attend or not.
As far as we are concerned, if someone has a seat in the east stand or the 1893 club, they are equally entitled to receive what they paid for.

We all, season ticket holders that is, receive the same level of service from iFollow, there are no options in that area but, in terms of seating, there are most definitely options. I fully expect the club to respect that and take that into consideration when determining who can and who cannot attend. That's not saying 1893 members take precedent, that is simply saying that everyone deserves a fair shout and the chance to sit in the seats (or stand) of their predetermined season ticket purchase.
Yeah it’s really annoying, I get that, but really I just hope the club can survive and stay up and I can watch some games with my friends, all of whom will avoid Covid along with myself.

So why should Oxfordshire residents have priority?

I didn’t say they should did I? But equally it’s a bit nuts to go the other way as you suggest.

Some of us do reside in Tier 3.

From a "responsible" point of view the Club should be putting Oxford(shire) first really.

No rule against people travelling from tier 2 to tier 2 though is there? It’s not the clubs responsibility to pile even more s**t rules on top of the ones we already live under.

If I drive the hour up from sunny north east Hampshire on my own in my car is their any more of a risk than if I dive up from say Didcot? I already drive up to work in Oxfordshire most week days, that seems alright.

No rule against people travelling from tier 2 to tier 2 though is there? It’s not the clubs responsibility to pile even more s**t rules on top of the ones we already live under.

If I drive the hour up from sunny north east Hampshire on my own in my car is their any more of a risk than if I dive up from say Didcot? I already drive up to work in Oxfordshire most week days, that seems alright.
I don’t bloody know! It’s all so confused. Part of the messaging for this lockdown was to avoid unnecessary travel out of your local area. It seems a bit soon to bring back fans really but I’ll go if I get the chance as I can walk to the ground (true supporter).

I don’t bloody know! It’s all so confused. Part of the messaging for this lockdown was to avoid unnecessary travel out of your local area. It seems a bit soon to bring back fans really but I’ll go if I get the chance as I can walk to the ground (true supporter).

I had to check the rules but I can’t find anything saying you can’t travel from tier 2 to tier 2, but obviously that doesn’t mean it won’t change in 15 minutes time when they have finished telling us what games to play on Xmas day and how long we are to spend eating in a restaurant.

Why would the club decide to put 2000 season tickets holders in one stand? Nonsensical comment. Aside from that, "drawing from a hat" is the probably the least likely option.
Social bubbles, accessibility and ticket price will all be determining factors. I'm not sure that many folk have really thought this through in the way that the club have, and will, be thinking this through.
I can see I’ve touched a nerve but you’re right to stick to your principles.
You’re right again when you insinuate that I haven’t thought this through at all, why? because there are a number of permutations and I’ll just wait until the club and EFL decide how it will work. If I then get to see a game, great, if I don’t, I’ll watch on iFollow.
If I had paid top whack for the best seat in the house, I might think differently about being offered a seat in a different stand, or in the same stand with a less than ideal view, but given the last game I saw live was at Shrewsbury in March, personally I will happy to see a live game from the ‘worst’ seat in the ground if it means seeing a live game.
We choose our season ticket seats for our own reasons, ours are different, I respect that.

The whole thing is flawed when you consider that on Boxing Day any season ticket holder could technically attend a game with people from 3 other house holds no matter where those people have travelled from.
What happens too when the country goes into yet another lock down in January? Back to square one with no fans allowed.

I understand people are desperate to go back to watching football but I really don’t think that right now is the time to do it.

At first I wasn’t a fan of constantly watching our games on iFollow but I’ve now got used to it and actually enjoy my Saturdays, shutting myself away in the house with a few beers and watching the games.

We have all had to adapt to new habits throughout this and how we watch football is one of those. One day it will hopefully go back to what it was but right now I can cope with watching us on a laptop every game.

I had to check the rules but I can’t find anything saying you can’t travel from tier 2 to tier 2, but obviously that doesn’t mean it won’t change in 15 minutes time when they have finished telling us what games to play on Xmas day and how long we are to spend eating in a restaurant.
Well, here's the first part of your prediction....

Quite honestly nobody thought this through, and who can seriously blame them its an effing pandemic not a situation anybody can correctly foresee. Personally I paid for mine and my wife's season ticket in the SSU. I never really expected to see a game live this season. The big picture was simple survival.
If I can go, I'll sit anywhere and be happy to be there. I know others will expect a prawn sandwich and chilled Sancerre in a proper wine glass because they paid
for it. But personally I just want that buzz of being there. I've watched us play from some of the shitiest terraces in England but that to me is supporing my team. We are all very very different and have very very different expectations.
Quite honestly a prawn sandwich at The Kassan is a complete rip off anyway. If I want football I go to The Kassam if I want fine dining I go to The Hand and Flowers. Like everything its our own personal choice.

Last edited:
Why?

To be fair as long as you are not in a tier 3 area I don’t see the relevance of where you live at all.
Essential travel only - for us that includes football but not sure the club should be encouraging long journeys.

So why should Oxfordshire residents have priority?
If you’re tier 3 you shouldn’t be allowed to attend, it is unfair but if the government have placed in area in tier 3 and the minimal travel except for work, hospital then it means going to an entertainment venue is a no, but come Dec 16th it may all changed and tier 3’s could be tier 2 or even, so if that is the case I would hope the club would look at those who are ST holders but couldn’t attend because of the tier situation should be given priority over the next game themat they would be able to attend.

Quite honestly nobody thought this through, and who can seriously blame them its an effing pandemic not a situation anybody can correctly foresee. Personally I paid for mine and my wife's season ticket in the SSU. I never really expected to see a game live this season. The big picture was simple survival.
If I can go, I'll sit anywhere and be happy to be there. I know others will expect a prawn sandwich and chilled Sancerre in a proper wine glass because they paid
for it. But personally I just want that buzz of being there. I've watched us play from some of the shitiest terraces in England but that to me is supporing my team. We are all very very different and have very very different expectations.
Quite honestly a prawn sandwich at The Kassan is a complete rip off anyway. If I want football I go to The Kassam if I want fine dining I go to The Hand and Flowers. Like everything its our own personal choice.
I don't believe I have ever experienced a "prawn sandwich" at the Kassam.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom