Getting the crowds back in

still requires a LAB to get result and wont be same day:

" The kit will be delivered to their home or workplace and then collected by staff working for the trial team or returned to an agreed location."

they are HOPING (hence the might bit) to get same day, at home, but nowhere near surely ( "Ultimately, it might be possible to do the testing as well as the sampling at home and get results in under an hour". )

still requires a LAB to get result and wont be same day:

" The kit will be delivered to their home or workplace and then collected by staff working for the trial team or returned to an agreed location."

they are HOPING (hence the might bit) to get same day, at home, but nowhere near surely ( "Ultimately, it might be possible to do the testing as well as the sampling at home and get results in under an hour". )

Yes. I read an article about same day sailva tests being nearly ready in some countries, cant find the link. Think it might have been Japan. The link I posted (and the amount of money being invested in virus research worldwide) shows that they are likely to achieve same day home tests at some point shortly which could in turn help the return of football fans. .

Yes. I read an article about same day sailva tests being nearly ready in some countries, cant find the link. Think it might have been Japan. The link I posted (and the amount of money being invested in virus research worldwide) shows that they are likely to achieve same day home tests at some point shortly which could in turn help the return of football fans. .
You’ll never be able to administer that sort of control with the old boys we have on the turnstiles

I think it could potentially work as follows.
No away fans so you have the whole of the north stand to use as well.
Fans on every other row. Family units can sit together otherwise two seats space between people.
I think you could get 2.5-3k in by doing this.
This is at a Brondby game
1594294606780.png
Everyone wears masks.
Temperature taken upon arrival.
Getting in and out and loo's could be only issue!

I think it could potentially work as follows.
No away fans so you have the whole of the north stand to use as well.
Fans on every other row. Family units can sit together otherwise two seats space between people.
I think you could get 2.5-3k in by doing this.
This is at a Brondby game
View attachment 4048
Everyone wears masks.
Temperature taken upon arrival.
Getting in and out and loo's could be only issue!
Won’t happen unfortunately m, when it does it will be very gradual and could be at least another year before we may see full capacities again

Did no one else notice the red and green dots on the seats to ensure social distancing was maintained? Picture below.

In theory, if it is done this way, family units wouldn't be able to sit together as it would mess up the seating arrangement for the rest of the stand.

Also, thanks to OxVox all the volunteers (pictured) that helped the club over the past week or so. Top bunch.

Attachments

• 09A32415-0DA9-4FEA-AAFB-0A42E452E9B7.jpeg
    09A32415-0DA9-4FEA-AAFB-0A42E452E9B7.jpeg
    317.5 KB · Views: 38
Discussions about fans being allowed to attend games (at around 30-50% of capacity) from September are taking place.

The interesting part is where it suggests grounds could open 3 hours before kick-off. Presumably this is to allow fans to trickle in slowly rather than arrive en masse. However, considering our current rent arrangement with our landlord, might this be potentially problematic?

Deep cleaning will, again presumably, be required... It’s taken nearly 20 years and a global pandemic but the breeze block might finally get a rinse! ?

Attachments

• DD0B87FA-A34F-485A-A2F5-2B10090FCDC4.png
    DD0B87FA-A34F-485A-A2F5-2B10090FCDC4.png
    629.9 KB · Views: 21
No problem.

The 1300 longest standing season ticket holders get priority.?

In a way, season ticket holders already love the club so much, and have already paid, so they should take the high road and not turn up, and just let the club have their money, and in fact pay on the day fans (who give the club more money overall if they go to enough games) should be the ones who turn up... ?

My other plan is, say there are 2000 seats available. Sell them on a game by game basis by auction to the highest bidders...

Sorry to put a dampener on it....???

But honestly I just don’t think it’s going to happen. I see no reason why in 3-4 months time the UK won’t be facing a massive escalation in cases. As context Texas, USA (pop.30m) started easing out of lockdown on 1st May when the number of deaths was hovering about 15-20 per day and the number of new cases per day was about the same as the UK is now. It’s now exploded in a week or so to over 10,000 new cases per day which is double what the UK was at its peak.

There’s very little difference in policy between the two places or in the attitude of the local population with regards social distancing and face mask wearing.

Attachments

• 86EA1690-7B08-4618-86D6-EDEFB198FC34.jpeg
    86EA1690-7B08-4618-86D6-EDEFB198FC34.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 14

But honestly I just don’t think it’s going to happen. I see no reason why in 3-4 months time the UK won’t be facing a massive escalation in cases. As context Texas, USA (pop.30m) started easing out of lockdown on 1st May when the number of deaths was hovering about 15-20 per day and the number of new cases per day was about the same as the UK is now. It’s now exploded in a week or so to over 10,000 new cases per day which is double what the UK was at its peak.

There’s very little difference in policy between the two places or in the attitude of the local population with regards social distancing and face mask wearing.
What is the death rate?

i don’t think any of the US is a good example to use when looking about opening stadium. They locked down even later then we did & opened up before we did. I’m not saying its OK to open stadiums up just that the US is poor example.

It’s not
So much the death rate that they look at but infection rate as in what happened in Leicester
If you look at infections in Florida, as an example, they were up a lot but the death rate was still going down as the age ranges infected were largely under 40 rather than those who are older with multiple health issues

Back
Top Bottom