Getting the crowds back in

Well I think that I will be waiting to go back until I've been jabbed.

I'm not quite sure how it is either safe or sensible to go back in a few days time when it wasn't earlier on when infection rates were lower - they are currently higher than they were in August, September and much of October.

I'm not quite sure how it is either safe or sensible to go back in a few days time when it wasn't earlier on when infection rates were lower - they are currently higher than they were in August, September and much of October.

I think this is fair, and many will be in the same boat. On a personal level, I think 2000 could safely be spread out around the stadium with very little risk, but fully accept that others will have different circumstances and they should be respected.

I can't see the club opening up the stadium for a couple of thousand of people myself. Actually, I doubt it will financially viable for most because of the costs involved. We'll have more bills and no additional income.

Great news. My opinions on it all:

Tickets should be made available to ST holders first with any left offered to members then the public.

Fans should be on the database already and not live in a higher tier area than what Oxford is in.

Fans should enter via the large gates in the corner with the handheld barcode scanners being used to scan tickets. Fans can walk alongside the pitch to their seats thus minimising time in the inside concourses.

Fans with same addressees can sit together others will need to sit socially distanced. Gathering bubble information too complicated and can be abused.

Stewards everywhere to advise and direct people and their direction must be followed.

Fans to be in their seats 30 mins before kickoff to allow time before kick-off to get people on the right seats. Gates to close 30 mins before kickoff.

No concessions open to reduce queuing inside. Fans should be allowed to bring food and drink for personal/household bubble use only.

4/5 people max allowed in toilets at anyone time. Fans should be advised to avoid going but if they need to avoid half time and immediately after the game.

Fans to stay in their seats until all players/officials have left the pitch then fans leave via the pitch and the large gates nearest to their seat.

Fans to go straight to their cars or leave the stadium land immediately, no stopping and chatting.

People's should only buy tickets if they are prepared to stick to the rules. If you're the sort that doesn't like being told what to do and where to go then stay away.

Its very possible to do it safely at the Kassam, the large spaces between the stands and between the stands and the pitch are a huge help now!

It won't be a usual match day experience and it may not be the most enjoyable but its better than nothing.

From a commercial viewpoint, ST holders can already see the game via IFollow, so the club could sell all allowable tickets on a first come first served basis - doubt it would be popular but it is the only way to generate any new income

Great news. My opinions on it all:

Tickets should be made available to ST holders first with any left offered to members then the public.

Fans should be on the database already and not live in a higher tier area than what Oxford is in.

Fans should enter via the large gates in the corner with the handheld barcode scanners being used to scan tickets. Fans can walk alongside the pitch to their seats thus minimising time in the inside concourses.

Fans with same addressees can sit together others will need to sit socially distanced. Gathering bubble information too complicated and can be abused.

Stewards everywhere to advise and direct people and their direction must be followed.

Fans to be in their seats 30 mins before kickoff to allow time before kick-off to get people on the right seats. Gates to close 30 mins before kickoff.

No concessions open to reduce queuing inside. Fans should be allowed to bring food and drink for personal/household bubble use only.

4/5 people max allowed in toilets at anyone time. Fans should be advised to avoid going but if they need to avoid half time and immediately after the game.

Fans to stay in their seats until all players/officials have left the pitch then fans leave via the pitch and the large gates nearest to their seat.

Fans to go straight to their cars or leave the stadium land immediately, no stopping and chatting.

People's should only buy tickets if they are prepared to stick to the rules. If you're the sort that doesn't like being told what to do and where to go then stay away.

Its very possible to do it safely at the Kassam, the large spaces between the stands and between the stands and the pitch are a huge help now!

It won't be a usual match day experience and it may not be the most enjoyable but its better than nothing.
ST holders will always be first I doubt whether any paying fans would get the chance under the new rules

I can't see the club opening up the stadium for a couple of thousand of people myself. Actually, I doubt it will financially viable for most because of the costs involved. We'll have more bills and no additional income.

They sold season tickets, so they will be refunding a lot of people if they take the decision not to allow them to attend games they have paid for.

From a commercial viewpoint, ST holders can already see the game via IFollow, so the club could sell all allowable tickets on a first come first served basis - doubt it would be popular but it is the only way to generate any new income

Anyone can pay a tenner to watch the games on iFollow? Season ticket holders have already paid to attend, it’s not an option for them not to be the first allowed in.

This isn't about generating new income (as much as they would want to). This is about honouring the income already received and supporting those who have supported the club.

Mind you, season ticket holders have yet to get the season ticket itself so they'll have to rush them out first.

I don't think anyone is going to be forced to go (at least I hope not with the way we have been playing!).

Vaccine first for me,I really am not sure about any form of mass gathering to be honest until the numbers are low enough to be insignificant

Have you been shielding throughout?

Been in any supermarkets, pubs?

The way club had it originally planned from the time they were set to allow fans back in, you’ll be very safe at the Grenoble road.

Back
Top Bottom