Getting the crowds back in

Indeed, and was foreseen by the folk around here way back on Page 10 or so.

Maybe this forum should run the country, despite our differing views we generally reach the "right" conclusion way before the people in charge!
True for the decision making, but I think we’d struggle with who to blame when it goes tits up :)

I hope the government don't approach it as a country as a whole. For example, there's no way fans in tier 3/very high risk areas should be allowed in (North West/Notts) but those in medium risk areas should be where clubs can demonstrate they can get fans into grounds safely and socially distanced throughout the games should be.

Also, grounds where you need to take public transport to may not be allowed I think, out of town grounds where people can drive directly to themselves will probably be allowed fans in in my opinion.

We're in a medium risk area (the lowest tier), we're out of town and have 4 massive gates where fans can be admitted with the the hand held barcode scanners and walk down the side of the pitch to their seats. It's very doable at OUFC I think.

I hope the government don't approach it as a country as a whole. For example, there's no way fans in tier 3/very high risk areas should be allowed in (North West/Notts) but those in medium risk areas should be where clubs can demonstrate they can get fans into grounds safely and socially distanced throughout the games should be.

Also, grounds where you need to take public transport to may not be allowed I think, out of town grounds where people can drive directly to themselves will probably be allowed fans in in my opinion.

We're in a medium risk area (the lowest tier), we're out of town and have 4 massive gates where fans can be admitted with the the hand held barcode scanners and walk down the side of the pitch to their seats. It's very doable at OUFC I think.

And the teams in area`s where they can not have fans in the ground then complain about an unfair advantage be it on the pitch or financial.....

That may be the plan. But then my office here planned to go back to work when numbers were relatively low after lockdown was lifted.

Planning with hope doesn’t create the reality you desire.

I just don’t think it’s remotely likely to happen once the second wave kicks in. And I will put very big money sadly on the UK facing a significant second wave. The post lockdown approach and attitude in the UK is no different to the USA which has utterly failed.

Page 7. Got some interesting responses too from folk who perhaps have a rather misguided superiority complex over the USA based on media

Well according to figures in the mail earlier this week were I live has 4 cases of covid,I will still avoid the rest of the human race as much as possible as I am still in the clinically vulnerable group to the end of the year

f*****g students :mad:

which postcodes 'constitute' Oxford city ?
and how long will the T2 restrictions apply for?
Inside the black line is Oxford City

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201029-144333_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20201029-144333_Twitter.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
That's correct. Depends if your council is Oxford City Council or Vale of White Horse like some street's in Botley are. Bizzare.

Couldn’t you technically walk to a pub from inside the city to just outside and meet up with 5 people for a few pints, but you couldn’t do the same a mile away then?

Couldn’t you technically walk to a pub from inside the city to just outside and meet up with 5 people for a few pints, but you couldn’t do the same a mile away then?

There in lies the problem we have had "up here" for a while.
Pubs were checking ID`s if folk weren`t locals.

With Lockdown 2 on the horizon I wonder how this will impact the lower leagues. The PL have said they will continue even if there is another lockdown.

With Lockdown 2 on the horizon I wonder how this will impact the lower leagues. The PL have said they will continue even if there is another lockdown.
Elite sport will continue. They are hardly super spreader events because nobody is there.

EFL will continue during this new lockdown.
Just wish we were playing like an "elite" team......

Fair play to Robinson, he's got us playing like amateur so that we can have the games cancelled until fans are allowed back in! And to think you were all panicking about a few defeats while he was putting the fans first!

The debate in Parliament is at 4.20 on Monday and can be watched live here:

Fans obviously won't be allowed in until the current lockdown is on but hopefully they can agree to allow a percentage of fans back in once the R rate drops below a certain figure.

Back
Top Bottom