Getting the crowds back in

Just heard from the local Conservative MP... the PL have granted some cash to help some local NL and Womens Clubs.
Shepshed Dynamo FC £4,000
Quorn FC £4,000
Ingles FC £1,000
Barrow Town FC £2,000
Loughborough Foxes Women FC £5,000
Loughborough Dynamo FC £7,000
Leicester City Women FC £7,500
Loughborough Students Women's FC £2,000

The cheek of Soriano. He criticises the EFL clubs for their business model while he works for a club that spends much more than it earns and is totally reliant on donations from a benefactor.

His hypocrisy knows no bounds.

If only there was a hint that this was there plan all along..

*cough* EFL Trophy *cough*
Still nothing to see here. Just like the salary cap, there’s no threat to anybody. How’s that coming along for the Championship clubs, I wonder?

Oh. Seems they had a meeting last week and barely even mentioned it:

“As well as curtailment the reluctance of second-tier clubs to limit spending via a salary cap despite racking up combined losses of £600m-plus last year is a bone of contention. The Premier League are unhappy that salary caps were barely discussed at a meeting of the Championship clubs this week.”

Last edited:
Still nothing to see here. Just like the salary cap, there’s no threat to anybody. How’s that coming along for the Championship clubs, I wonder?

“As well as curtailment the reluctance of second-tier clubs to limit spending via a salary cap despite racking up combined losses of £600m-plus last year is a bone of contention. The Premier League are unhappy that salary caps were barely discussed at a meeting of the Championship clubs this week.”

Gosh! Really? How can that be? I wonder why. . . . . . :rolleyes:

Mostly I think the Premier League are a bunch of greedy bastards that are beyond contempt.....but if they did this (i.e. bailed out Leagues One & Two only), I'd give them a round of applause.

Frankly, it is a bit much to ask a club like West Brom or Brighton to kick into a pot to give money to Championship clubs like Reading that are spending 194% of their turnover on wages in a desperate effort to replace them. But saving the bailout for smaller community clubs in the lower leagues who've seen their matchday incomes, on which they rely, decimated by Covid makes a ton of sense.

Still won't hold my breath though.......I suspect the greed gene will kick back in and they won't do anything.

It means you can go to Grenoble road to watch the boys at home games, instead of seeing the pitch there will be blinds preventing your view. So you must watch on a screen instead, and stewards will be there to stop you peeping on to the pitch.

you could of course go to see the royal Ballet indoors with a load of other people instead........

Mental that they are not offering it to season ticket holders for free, they will be wanting refunds now?

Probably some small print that negates that.

I remember the very first PPV game...............Us v Sunderland....

I`m old. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Just WTAF is going on? You can go to the stadium in an enclosed area to watch a game on TV, with a curtain stopping you from looking at the pitchside gamboling but not sit in the stand outside and do the same? Season ticket holders got mailed saying they could book a table for them and up to 5 others for a tenner each which included a drink.

Just WTAF is going on? You can go to the stadium in an enclosed area to watch a game on TV, with a curtain stopping you from looking at the pitchside gamboling but not sit in the stand outside and do the same? Season ticket holders got mailed saying they could book a table for them and up to 5 others for a tenner each which included a drink.

It is nuts. NL regional clubs were doing it for FA Cup matches and Lg games iirc.

This absolutely boils my P**s!!!!

It's like the government are taunting football fans with these ridiculous inconsistencies. People can go to cinemas, theatres, the opera and art galleries (both included in the £1.5 BILLION government bail out) yet we can't go and watch live football, socially distanced, outside, in a controlled environment. And then they come up with this f*****g nonsense.

If the authorities don't think it's safe, fine, I get it, I understand their logic (although I disagree with it), BUT be bloody consistent. How can it possibly make any sense to watch behind closed doors in an indoor environment, but not watch the very event you're at outside in the fresh air?????

Last edited:
I find it astonishing that 600 fans, 30% of their capacity are allowed in to watch Banbury today. No fans allowed in at Weymouth versus Oxford City.
Add to that, if our game had gone ahead no fans allowed in where there is much more space to do it safely.
The footbal world has gone f*****g mad!!?

I find it astonishing that 600 fans, 30% of their capacity are allowed in to watch Banbury today. No fans allowed in at Weymouth versus Oxford City.
Add to that, if our game had gone ahead no fans allowed in where there is much more space to do it safely.
The footbal world has gone f*****g mad!!?

But Weymouth may have been able to show the game in their clubhouse on a screen as long as the windows were blocked just like Kettering did in an earlier round.

Back
Top Bottom