Getting the crowds back in

I know they are saying that season ticket holders will be able to watch streams of games for free but I'd still think it would be hard to expect someone, who has paid £299+ for something they haven't actually been able to go to, not to want some form of refund or large discount on the following years season ticket.
Tbh, I thought it was made very clear when I purchased mine that there was a chance we would only be able to stream games. I find it hard to see how anybody could expect a refund when they knew full well the chances of not being allowed to attend were high and also knew the alternative was access to a stream for the money paid.

We were not going back till October anyway so I am not going to stress 2 months before that, plenty of time for stuff to happen (any which way) by then.

Tbh, I thought it was made very clear when I purchased mine that there was a chance we would only be able to stream games. I find it hard to see how anybody could expect a refund when they knew full well the chances of not being allowed to attend were high and also knew the alternative was access to a stream for the money paid.

Don't get me wrong, we all knew what we were buying but I also know some fans would expect some form of refund. I personally wont be asking for a refund or discount on the 2021/22 season ticket.

Don't get me wrong, we all knew what we were buying but I also know some fans would expect some form of refund. I personally wont be asking for a refund or discount on the 2021/22 season ticket.

Bloody hell, we haven’t even started that season yet, only just had all the talk about the last one. I think it’s just a case of relax and wait and see if you have bought a season ticket for the moment.

Still think it’s stupid that all clubs haven’t just gone streaming only for next season already.

This will end with people trying too hard to be clever, or sleepwalking into a situation where supporters are going to pay massively different sums of money for the same stream, simply because nobody was able to go back.
HUGE revenue in streaming if it is the only way to watch matches. Wouldn't take long to become quite slick. Better than a lifeless stadium full of 1,000 people who then, as an experience, put it down as "s**t". Like sitting in a beer garden being served by a barmaid in a full visor. Charge say 25% more to PPV compared to "season ticket holders" and quids in.....but there is one big BUT...... the EFL...... once again mafia like standing in the middle (ifollow) and would NEVER allow a club to stream and create independent revenues. Their share of ifollow revenues means we would need to have several times as many watching than would normally be in attendance to generate the same revenue - the EFL make clubs insustainable if they rely on streaming!!. The PFA today declared EFL salary cap as illegal and unenforceable. Their lawmaking and decision making is atrocious and they are a leach on the lower leagues and sucking the life from many clubs - all clubs need to break away or at least state that they do not recognise them as an authority - then clubs can to do what performing businesses do and create their own independent revenue streams without fear of the the mafia visiting and taking their development budget from the till - and dont talk to me about the EFL "take" on TV games..... Dick Turpin was mild in comparison

Last edited:
Ifollow is optional and there's a few clubs that do it independently.

I have to laugh at the cries for a refund on a ticket that may or may not get you to see football, us 1893 club types have not even been offered a ticket as yet. We are still hanging on to see if we get even a sniff of a ticket.
Just hang on there, come October we will see what will be.

I have to laugh at the cries for a refund on a ticket that may or may not get you to see football, us 1893 club types have not even been offered a ticket as yet. We are still hanging on to see if we get even a sniff of a ticket.
Just hang on there, come October we will see what will be.

" Hospitality " packages obviously can't be put together currently due to the restrictions but I wonder how many loungers
haven't yet been added to the season ticket total ?

" Hospitality " packages obviously can't be put together currently due to the restrictions but I wonder how many loungers
haven't yet been added to the season ticket total ?
None of my immediate table colleagues have been able to purchase a ticket so I would think that none of the so called "loungers" or 1893 club members have been included. (we never are actually as we form part of the "corporate" group)

I honestly can't see crowds being let back in this year, even at reduced capacity. How do you deal with localised lockdowns? What if the city isn't in lockdown but the R is on the rise? Even if fans are allowed back in it's pretty certain that away fans won't be allowed to prevent cross contamination between cities, especially if its a club from up north coming down south. I doubt even Euro 2021 will be played in front of fans. If it stays like it is now there's no chance they want people travelling all across Europe just for Football.

I honestly can't see crowds being let back in this year, even at reduced capacity. How do you deal with localised lockdowns? What if the city isn't in lockdown but the R is on the rise? Even if fans are allowed back in it's pretty certain that away fans won't be allowed to prevent cross contamination between cities, especially if its a club from up north coming down south. I doubt even Euro 2021 will be played in front of fans. If it stays like it is now there's no chance they want people travelling all across Europe just for Football.
I dunno. That Liverpool-Athletico match didn't cause any problems, did it? :)

Not wanting to start procrastinating just yet as I've never used ifollow. However, if the matchday thread comments on here are anything to go by, that platform could cause enough mental health breakdowns to dwarf Covid19 issues. Assuming it's extended to uk viewing while spectators are restricted

'Procrastinating'? That means putting things off until another time - is that what you meant?

Interesting that they (Peterborough) say that with test venues being called off this month that the likelihood of fans being back in October has reduced and it’s more likely to be November or December, they must of got that from someone.

Also Little Mix must of fallen on hard times if they are reduced to doing shows at Peterborough’s ground.

Back
Top Bottom