International News George Floyd trial

The appeal is doomed but not because he is guilty as sin the mobile phone footage showed the crime but because the President and the Vice President have come out in support of the correct sentence

Indeed, however it may influence the sentence as it could be either concurrent or consecutive and the length seems to be pick a number between 12.5 - 75 years.

I think it was right he got sentenced for murder but I don't agree he killed him because of racism thought it was never proved either way.
So what was his reason for killing him?

police brutality it happens alot to people it aint always about skin colour also could be a personal grudge i saw a pic awile back of both of them with a women and this was him not in police uniform so who knows .

There are bad cops in America.
Policing is on the front foot due to lax gun laws.
The criminals are often better armed than the cops.
He was a big old unit.
There were lots of folk filming, distracting the police and looking to intervene.
He was a known crim and consumer of illicit drugs.

There is no doubt the cop killed him but the reasoning is way more complex than "because he was black".

police brutality it happens alot to people it aint always about skin colour also could be a personal grudge i saw a pic awile back of both of them with a women and this was him not in police uniform so who knows .
Don't remember that coming up in his defence.

There are bad cops in America.
Policing is on the front foot due to lax gun laws.
The criminals are often better armed than the cops.
He was a big old unit.
There were lots of folk filming, distracting the police and looking to intervene.
He was a known crim and consumer of illicit drugs.

There is no doubt the cop killed him but the reasoning is way more complex than "because he was black".
You missed off he doesn't like Mondays.

From the article ..

Asked if she thought that Chauvin had a problem with black people, Ms Santamaria said: "Yeah, I think he was afraid and intimidated."
well wierd article says he knew him well yet scared of black people doesnt add up really if i was scared of somoene i would not talk to them .

Let’s face it the copper had no chance, and there was only ever going to be one result. If that result didn’t happen then it would of kicked off again.

In my opinion it was never a fair trial, as the outcome was obvious for all to see from the day the crime had happened and all the riots took place.

The guy (Floyd) was a criminal, but that doesn’t mean he deserved to die. But now he’s being made to look to as a martyr! Which is wrong too!

Let’s face it the copper had no chance, and there was only ever going to be one result. If that result didn’t happen then it would of kicked off again.

In my opinion it was never a fair trial, as the outcome was obvious for all to see from the day the crime had happened and all the riots took place.

The guy (Floyd) was a criminal, but that doesn’t mean he deserved to die. But now he’s being made to look to as a martyr! Which is wrong too!
Totally disagree - he received a trial in a first world country via due process and was convicted based on the evidence presented by a multi-racial jury. The testimony of his colleagues was both telling and damning.

Totally disagree - he received a trial in a first world country via due process and was convicted based on the evidence presented by a multi-racial jury. The testimony of his colleagues was both telling and damning.
Don’t be so naive!

It was one result that had to happen, otherwise blood thirsty mobs would of caused chaos.

The copper never had a leg to stand on.

Shame he had a neck to kneel on.
Do you have video footage of “everything” leading up to the incident?
We’ve only been shown what they want us to see, and that’s the problem.

maybe he committed a traffic violation leading up to his arrest, and then the copper kneeled on his neck. Which was a way of restraining him, which was obviously the wrong the wrong thing to do.

We need to see everything leading up to the fatal incident, which we haven’t yet, only what’s been said. So that makes it alright I suppose...

Don’t be so naive!

It was one result that had to happen, otherwise blood thirsty mobs would of caused chaos.

The copper never had a leg to stand on.
Right back at you - suspect we won't agree who is the most naive here.

I suspect the fact he was filmed doing a murder, from start to finish and from several angles, probably had the most influence on the result.

Was it ok for Floyd to kidnap and brutally beat a woman during a home invasion that went sour?

This guy was no saint!

Was it ok for Floyd to kidnap and brutally beat a woman during a home invasion that went sour?

This guy was no saint!
George Floyd should have been arrested and put on trial for any crimes via the justice system. Instead, an overzealous police officer decided the better option was to kneel on his neck for 10 minutes despite his shouts that he couldn't breath, and stayed there long enough to kill him. You can argue the crimes of the victim as much as you want, but he was murdered. That's the crucial piece of information in this trial. One man's past crimes does not give the power of judge, jury and executioner to another. Floyd was in cuffs and no danger to others, and Chauvin still killed him. Murder is murder, and the jury came to the same conclusion based on the evidence. If there were any sign of them being influenced by anything other than the evidence they wouldn't have been on the jury.

Do you have video footage of “everything” leading up to the incident?
We’ve only been shown what they want us to see, and that’s the problem.

maybe he committed a traffic violation leading up to his arrest, and then the copper kneeled on his neck. Which was a way of restraining him, which was obviously the wrong the wrong thing to do.

We need to see everything leading up to the fatal incident, which we haven’t yet, only what’s been said. So that makes it alright I suppose...

We might not have been shown everything but I bet the Jury were.