International News George Floyd trial

Killed by a follower of The Nation of Islam, a black supremacist organisation , wonder if his life matters?
Will there be protests?
Will anyone take a knee for him?

The point is that systemic racism has been a problem in the US for hundreds of years, and the death of George Floyd at the knee of a white police officer represented more than a single death of a criminal resisting arrest.
It represented the continuation of racist police treatment (Chauvin after all supposedly has a history of racism) a nationwide issue that needed addressing.
Rightly or wrongly the protests and the knee taking and all that was a sign of people realising and taking action over this issue. No one thinks Billy Evans’ life doesn’t matter of course it does. But. There need not be a ‘white lives matter’ because everyone can see that the car attack was an anomaly, a disgraceful anomaly don’t get me wrong, but the point is that it is not a systemic issue.
I’m not a raving wokie, I can’t stand ‘em, but it doesn’t take a wokie to see the meaning behind it all. It just takes someone to sit and think before spouting their inflammatory piffle.

The more you put people into sub-groups be it by colour, religion, gender, size, sexuality, hair colour ....the list goes on ..... the more you will create lines of division and find opposition.

Dare we try and just see people as humans irrespective of their differences?

The more you put people into sub-groups be it by colour, religion, gender, size, sexuality, hair colour ....the list goes on ..... the more you will create lines of division and find opposition.

Dare we try and just see people as humans irrespective of their differences?
Now you're just being reasonable. Stop it!

The point is that systemic racism has been a problem in the US for hundreds of years, and the death of George Floyd at the knee of a white police officer represented more than a single death of a criminal resisting arrest.
It represented the continuation of racist police treatment (Chauvin after all supposedly has a history of racism) a nationwide issue that needed addressing.
Rightly or wrongly the protests and the knee taking and all that was a sign of people realising and taking action over this issue. No one thinks Billy Evans’ life doesn’t matter of course it does. But. There need not be a ‘white lives matter’ because everyone can see that the car attack was an anomaly, a disgraceful anomaly don’t get me wrong, but the point is that it is not a systemic issue.
I’m not a raving wokie, I can’t stand ‘em, but it doesn’t take a wokie to see the meaning behind it all. It just takes someone to sit and think before spouting their inflammatory piffle.
Kinda blows your woke load of bull :poop: rigggggght out the water doesnt it??

Attachments

• zzcopp.jpg
    zzcopp.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 25
Kinda blows your woke load of bull :poop: rigggggght out the water doesnt it??
Actually, it doesn't. The reference was about systemic racism not deaths by race at the hands of the police. Try and stay on topic even if you don't understand what it's about. There's probably a graph somewhere, you like a picture don't you......

When about 14% of Americans are black?

You might wanna think about those numbers chief. Good of you to post though.
best you put in the equation how many police officers are black.....and “The unarmed shootings — which are the ones that are the troublesome ones — there are only 9 of them against blacks — 20 against whites in 2019. So that‘ll give you a sense. Meanwhile, there were 9,000 murders of blacks, 7,500 of which were black-on-black,”,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so.....put that into your woke equation while yer at it sonny.

best you put in the equation how many police officers are black.....and “The unarmed shootings — which are the ones that are the troublesome ones — there are only 9 of them against blacks — 20 against whites in 2019. So that‘ll give you a sense. Meanwhile, there were 9,000 murders of blacks, 7,500 of which were black-on-black,”,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so.....put that into your woke equation while yer at it sonny.
I've been trying to make sense of your figures and your comments. You forgot to look at the differential factors, because you're cherry picking (lazy) this means that you select figures to suit your argument. I use the word 'argument' charitably.
Because you're an inadequate paranoid racist cowardly qunt, you don't matter. You will always be the underclass, because you have none..... Happy to discuss further if you can grow a pair and get an IQ from Ebay, sonny.......

I've been trying to make sense of your figures and your comments. You forgot to look at the differential factors, because you're cherry picking (lazy) this means that you select figures to suit your argument. I use the word 'argument' charitably.
Because you're an inadequate paranoid racist cowardly qunt, you don't matter. You will always be the underclass, because you have none..... Happy to discuss further if you can grow a pair and get an IQ from Ebay, sonny....
HA HA HA the little woke seems to be getting his nappy in a twist,getting all tough from behind his keyboard oh dear oh dear oh dear,maybe you missed your afternoon nap???........... i add factors to the equation to show you that there is more to it than your "systemic" racism wokey bull :poop: .....mummys calling for your bitty......see ya sonny 😉😉................:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The only verdict they could logically reach, given the overwhelming evidence from independent sources.
Yep, common sense decision. And nothing to do with anyone being 'woke'. I'm assuming our rather bigotted, emoji-loving friend is pleased by the outcome.

Last edited:
It shouldn't have ever happened. But at least there's a semblance of justice. Hopefully this can be some kind of turning point towards racial equality. When a murder is recorded by multiple cameras, in HD, witnessed by countless people over the course of 9+ minutes, and we STILL can't be sure the perpetrator will be held to account? That's how we know the system needs to change. Anyone who tries to deny that the USA and UK are inherently racist countries is kidding themselves. Things have gotten better since 100 years ago, sure, but the racial inequality is clear to see to anyone who isn't completely blinded.

Yep, common sense decision. And nothing to do with anyone being 'woke'. I'm assuming our rather bigotted, emoji-loving friend is pleased by the outcome.
I think it was right he got sentenced for murder but I don't agree he killed him because of racism thought it was never proved either way.

Interesting to read that the grounds for an appeal are already being laid.
As the State settled with Floyd`s family before the trial that will be one pillar of it.

Then the BBC report that another "black teenager" has been shot whilst stabbing someone......... well maybe they should focus on the fact she was stabbing someone rather than her being shot with the implication it was because of her colour.

America eh?

Interesting to read that the grounds for an appeal are already being laid.
As the State settled with Floyd`s family before the trial that will be one pillar of it.

Then the BBC report that another "black teenager" has been shot whilst stabbing someone......... well maybe they should focus on the fact she was stabbing someone rather than her being shot with the implication it was because of her colour.

America eh?
The appeal is doomed but not because he is guilty as sin the mobile phone footage showed the crime but because the President and the Vice President have come out in support of the correct sentence