Gavin Whyte

How can you prove Oxford didn’t give Blackburn and Eastwood permission to talk about a transfer out of interest?
You're right, although I know it to be the case I can't prove it without disclosing my source. Wrong use of words.

However, I think it says something where no one else on this forum has suggested that Eastwood was actually talking to Blackburn. Whether any of us are believable, you would have expected one of those close to the club to know if this was happening.

Thank you! I know others might not agree with me, but I thought that this was really simple to understand!

We all know you struggle to interpret situations/conversations e.g. Gavin Whyte, so I know this is difficult for you and your shout out to your delusional bus party associates, but just as it’s as difficult for you to prove that Eastwood didn’t engage with Blackburn it’s the same for me to prove it, so I guess it will only come out in time.

Just on today’s post match interview with Robinson, why didn’t Jerome ask Karl why weren’t not getting these player targets over the line e.g. what does he think is the fundamental issue. I mean the circumstances were the same for MApp e.g. we don’t own the stadium/training ground, but we seemed to be able to get the deals done then!

By the way, it wasn’t that long along we were saying having a recognised training ground would make it easier, but here we are today saying it’s not great.

And why is Karl telling us about these bigger picture issues and not the board?

Your turn for spin!!

I am pleased for the lad and you cannot criticise the club for cashing in on a player, this is the principles that we know it is based on, buy, develop, sell on for a profic.
However it is now so late in the window, and close to the start of the new season, it is imperative that the club now sign not only replacements for the players that have depar ted, but players who will strengthen the team. If this does not happen we are going to struggle next season,

Given the right backing, KR would get us promotion, as he is a damn good coach, I truly believe that.
He is also a football man through and through, not a financier or a businessman.
He had no choice to lie about not knowing anything about the Whyte situation, as he was one of the first to hear, with initial contact from Neil Warnock, a good friend.
He is asked to do the job of 2 or 3 men, and he is too close/trusting of tiger who has a history of messing with clubs.
KR should be able to rely on a recruitment team to provide a list of potential first and second options for positions. This summer he has been let down badly and quite frankly they should be sacked. He has also needed the backing of a Director of football, not a headteacher, who seems to do nothing to help KR at all. His job should have been to be really specific as to what KR could spend, and make sure the money is there.
KR, at this point, with one week to go, shouldn't be worrying about training grounds, money for sustainability, the future. His sole concern in that interview should have been focused on next weeks game, where he genuinely is with new players, and what he will be trying to do this week to bring in the 4 players we need.
We all have concerns, worries about this season, but if KR is still here, by the end of the window, we will have those players he feels will make a difference in central defence, attack and on the wing.
We will lose games through August, until we have a side like the one that emerged from January's window. Until then KR needs to stick to what he does well, coaching and bringing in players he feels will make a difference.
As fans all we can do is be there at the games through August.
If the players don't come in, there is only one source our anger should be aimed at, solely the board, who promised to get us to the championship, whilst currently that isn't happening.
As fans we have become wise to chairman who think we cannot see what their real aim is. We saw off Maxwells TVR, and stopped Kassam in his tracks. Eales is partly to blame for our current quandary, as this board uses smoke and daggers to achieve their aim, which currently is not giving us a team they promised.

You sure it's not all Chrissey Allen's fault? It used to be as I recall...

Smoke and daggers is the worst thing since cloak and mirrors IMO.

Connolly then as didn’t play for Cardiff today? 6ft 2 centre back? Bogle would be excellent but he seems to play regularly for them and again today
Well Bogle wa loaned out in the last half of last season so can’t really say he has been regular he may have played in PSF but is he for the league as I don’t think he set Pompey alight when he was there last season.

Well Bogle wa loaned out in the last half of last season so can’t really say he has been regular he may have played in PSF but is he for the league as I don’t think he set Pompey alight when he was there last season.
Bogle came on as a sub in the 63rd minute against Nice today. Reading the match report he immediately had a chance to score but fluffed it. CC won 1-0 with a goal scored in the first 5 mins. I notice on the CC website he isn’t even listed in the first team squad.

We all know you struggle to interpret situations/conversations e.g. Gavin Whyte, so I know this is difficult for you and your shout out to your delusional bus party associates, but just as it’s as difficult for you to prove that Eastwood didn’t engage with Blackburn it’s the same for me to prove it, so I guess it will only come out in time.

Just on today’s post match interview with Robinson, why didn’t Jerome ask Karl why weren’t not getting these player targets over the line e.g. what does he think is the fundamental issue. I mean the circumstances were the same for MApp e.g. we don’t own the stadium/training ground, but we seemed to be able to get the deals done then!

By the way, it wasn’t that long along we were saying having a recognised training ground would make it easier, but here we are today saying it’s not great.

And why is Karl telling us about these bigger picture issues and not the board?

Your turn for spin!!
You: We're not doing any business, and losing key players. I'm really angry about it! Sack the board, this club is headed for League 2!

Us: We're not doing any business, and losing key players. I'm really disappointed, but I hope we can turn the situation around before the transfer window closes. Fingers crossed the board can do something to repay my faith in them. A few decent incoming players and we should be in the top half, easy.

That's pretty much all the 'spin' (read: difference of mindset) you need.

You're right, although I know it to be the case I can't prove it without disclosing my source. Wrong use of words.

However, I think it says something where no one else on this forum has suggested that Eastwood was actually talking to Blackburn. Whether any of us are believable, you would have expected one of those close to the club to know if this was happening.
What was reported about Eastwood was that his Mrs has sold the furniture and is moving back north and that Eastwood was looking for a club oop north. Blackburn was thrown into the mix a bit later, however I did mention back then that Eastwood can’t do that as he is under contract.

You: We're not doing any business, and losing key players. I'm really angry about it! Sack the board, this club is headed for League 2!

Us: We're not doing any business, and losing key players. I'm really disappointed, but I hope we can turn the situation around before the transfer window closes. Fingers crossed the board can do something to repay my faith in them. A few decent incoming players and we should be in the top half, easy.

That's pretty much all the 'spin' (read: difference of mindset) you need.

I see you suffer with the same issue as Scotchegg in terms of interpreting situations, but I like you’re spinning technique!

You sure it's not all Chrissey Allen's fault? It used to be as I recall...

Smoke and daggers is the worst thing since cloak and mirrors IMO.
No idea what you are talking about.
You still here? Anyway, the forums changed mate. I thought you would be in the bar with Egg, and your other cronies, and the source giver from the club. :sleep:

You don’t need me to do that as you do a good job of that yourself.

You live to twist things don't you? Some staff we’re paid later than usual by 1-2hours which concerned them as it had happened to them previously
Staff are paid normally one particular day in the month. So some are paid on 28th.
If the money goes in at 7am or 9am or 11 am, that is not late. If the money does not go in that day then it us late and worth contacting the employer.
I can't believe that an internet rumour about players being not paid on time was due to the money turning up 'later than usual by 1 or 2 hours' On second thoughts maybe that doesn't surprise me even if it is ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom