Gavin Whyte

It's not £1.5m
£1.5 or £15 it makes little difference. We are selling an asset when we clearly can't get any replacements. We are, apparently, unable to offer what players want. Any incoming finance will evaporate as fast as the morning dew as this club is so badly placed in terms of actual cash.
There are questions that need answering. Why are we allowing this sale? Why did we allow an approach? Who sanctioned this? Was this a board room decision? Why is the club making KR look an absolute tit? How do we become a championship side with this kind of deluded policy?

I'm sure you are well intentioned. Probably. But isn't about time that you realise that you are being fed a line by whoever your 'handler' in the club is (unless you are a complete fantasist and all of this is made up of course)? As it is you appear to the best bosom buddies with half the people there and able to wander round the dressing room, get the innermost thoughts of staff and know what all the details of all the deals are. And you still get it one hundred and eighty degrees wrong. If we sell Whyte and replace him with a one-legged cross-eyed 45 year old you will still find something positive to say! If you aren't actually being paid by the club to be an 'influencer', maybe you ought to float the idea with them!

Well said.

If the club sign young players on the proviso of we'll play you and not stand in your way when you may want to leave, this happens. The lad will understandably want to play at as high a level as soon as possible and if the club wants to continue the philosophy and get the next Whyte in, transfers like this will be the norm rather than the exception.

I don't want Whyte to leave but such is life. I think some fans are being naive thinking we can stop this or that there is some wider conspiracy. This is the reality of football nowadays. Agents and players are always on the look out for the next move, just some are more aggressive about it than others.

It's on our page and the Cardiff page on the BBC Sport site. They don't usually put things up on the club pages without knowing it's happening.

I know no manager is control of a club but this shows that we can't take anything KR says seriously. £4 million. This shows tiger is in control of footballing matters.

I suspect we will pass any income to Darryl Eales so this won't increase our bargaining power this window.

I am seriously worried about the size of our squad and despite the positive bus being driven by some on here, my personal feeling is we're going to struggle for at least the first half of the season with a small, inexperienced squad.

I really hope I'm wrong

It is a massive dispointment to lose him especially when the squad is so short at the moment.

I think we will always sell our top players when big bids come and I can accept it if the money we get for him is fair.

Had hoped we'd be able to keep him for one more year though.

We have been through much, much worse . If ever a time was to pull together and support our club than now is . The squealing like little girls, what on earth does it acheive.
Yes its not great but we are Oxford , suppirt who is pulling on a yellow shirt .

It is a massive dispointment to lose him especially when the squad is so short at the moment.

I think we will always sell our top players when big bids come and I can accept it if the money we get for him is fair.

Had hoped we'd be able to keep him for one more year though.
Fair comment & I agree 100%. But to sell 1 week before the season starts & without a striker anyway is just utter madness!!

We have been through much, much worse . If ever a time was to pull together and support our club than now is . The squealing like little girls, what on earth does it acheive.
Yes its not great but we are Oxford , suppirt who is pulling on a yellow shirt .
Christ, I'm all up for positivity and it's great to have another one on board but save yourself whilst you can!!! I'm beyond saving but you can still get away!

We’ve gone from in the last 4 years from being being a club on the up & recruiting good young talent to next to no signings & selling what good players we have?? Alarm bells or what?

If the club sign young players on the proviso of we'll play you and not stand in your way when you may want to leave, this happens. The lad will understandably want to play at as high a level as soon as possible and if the club wants to continue the philosophy and get the next Whyte in, transfers like this will be the norm rather than the exception.

I don't want Whyte to leave but such is life. I think some fans are being naive thinking we can stop this or that there is some wider conspiracy. This is the reality of football nowadays. Agents and players are always on the look out for the next move, just some are more aggressive about it than others.

I think it’s the fee and timing added to the worrying lack of incoming transfers that is more of a problem.

With a sell on fee from Crusaders added in to the mix we are looking at £1.5 million, in the modern game that’s not a huge amount for a promising young player.

We are now weaker than we were at the end of the season with a week to go till the new one starts, I think it’s legitimate to be worried now.

I think it’s the fee and timing added to the worrying lack of incoming transfers that is more of a problem.

With a sell on fee from Crusaders added in to the mix we are looking at £1.5 million, in the modern game that’s not a huge amount for a promising young player.

We are now weaker than we were at the end of the season with a week to go till the new one starts, I think it’s legitimate to be worried now.
Sure, but if you look at some of the deals we've done in recent years, we have a knack for getting young players in from a variety of sources and selling them on. While the club has some transfer deficiencies, we don't have an issue identifying young talent.

Nico Jones is a prime example of some of the more subtle deals we've done that could be a biggie. Whyte was a far more polished player when he arrived, I suppose.

Fed up now of Tigers bullshit and Robinsons just wish Tiger would sell the club Tiger and his friends only want the brand name Oxford.
They have no intention of getting us into the Championship.
The good business crap is rubbish treating the fans like fools.

Back
Top Bottom