Gavin Whyte

I'm sure a lot of s**t will continue to be fired my way after I dismissed ideas of a deal on Tuesday. So here's everything as I understand it. On Tuesday rumours started circulating early evening that Cardiff had made a bid. Robinson said he hadn't heard anything and would have expected Warnock to have spoken to him directly. Around the same time I spoke with Gavin who also stated that he'd heard nothing, hadn't spoken to any other clubs and wasn't expecting to move. There's no reason to disbelieve either accounts at that time. HOWEVER, a formal offer did come in on Wednesday and Whyte was allowed etc etc etc
I'm sure you are well intentioned. Probably. But isn't about time that you realise that you are being fed a line by whoever your 'handler' in the club is (unless you are a complete fantasist and all of this is made up of course)? As it is you appear to the best bosom buddies with half the people there and able to wander round the dressing room, get the innermost thoughts of staff and know what all the details of all the deals are. And you still get it one hundred and eighty degrees wrong. If we sell Whyte and replace him with a one-legged cross-eyed 45 year old you will still find something positive to say! If you aren't actually being paid by the club to be an 'influencer', maybe you ought to float the idea with them!

Maybe they we're holding off from signing players in numbers hoping to use any sell on fee from O'Dowda? He ain't moved so sell Whyte to provide the money instead?

I'm sure you are well intentioned. Probably. But isn't about time that you realise that you are being fed a line by whoever your 'handler' in the club is (unless you are a complete fantasist and all of this is made up of course)? As it is you appear to the best bosom buddies with half the people there and able to wander round the dressing room, get the innermost thoughts of staff and know what all the details of all the deals are. And you still get it one hundred and eighty degrees wrong. If we sell Whyte and replace him with a one-legged cross-eyed 45 year old you will still find something positive to say! If you aren't actually being paid by the club to be an 'influencer', maybe you ought to float the idea with them!

I've explained the way that I came to the conclusions that I did and don't need to justify this any further to you or anyone else. I never claimed to be best buddies with anyone, but I do know some people associated with the club and get a better understanding than others. But that doesn't mean I get everything right and clearly haven't on these two deals.

I'm not played by anyone. I spoke with Gavin as he was sat in the dug out prior to the game on Tuesday. I saw Marcus Browne arrive and was told by a member of staff that he had been in the dressing room and was sat in the box. I spoke with someone at the club after the game and was led to believe that a deal was done. All of this was accurate at the time. The situation changed and I only spoke with someone this evening to get a view on why things had changed. I have no reason to doubt any of this information, or question whether I'm being strung a line in the interest of the club.

The club will announce their own side of the story and it may or may not tally up with what I've posted.

I don’t write on this forum often but
I always thought this close season would tell us more about our owners
I need not write any more !!!
We now know
Hope I’m wrong

‘Course we’re all going to look like a right bunch of chumps if there’s no truth to this story ?

However..

If there is, on the day the club is patting itself on the back for passing 4000 ST sales, they can shove it right up their arses

I'm sure a lot of s**t will continue to be fired my way after I dismissed ideas of a deal on Tuesday. So here's everything as I understand it. On Tuesday rumours started circulating early evening that Cardiff had made a bid. Robinson said he hadn't heard anything and would have expected Warnock to have spoken to him directly. Around the same time I spoke with Gavin who also stated that he'd heard nothing, hadn't spoken to any other clubs and wasn't expecting to move. There's no reason to disbelieve either accounts at that time. HOWEVER, a formal offer did come in on Wednesday and Whyte was allowed to talk as the general understanding is that the club won't stand in the way of a move if initial valuations are met. I do not know the fee but I am lead to believe that it is above £2m. Whyte has been offered a very good deal, one that goes way beyond our pay structure and it is assumed that the deal will go through on Monday.

In addition, the situation with Browne was one where we had met West Hams valuation and offered a deal at the very top of our pay structure with a big signing on fee. Browne was very happy and was expected to sign by today. HOWEVER, Middlesborough have come in and offered an extra year to us, some bonus deals based on promotion etc and the chance to play in the Championship.

So at the time I commented on both, I fully believed the information to be accurate and had high hopes of keeping Whyte and adding Browne, with both expected to play tomorrow. That situation has changed and I'll hold my hands up to being wrong.

If people want to have a dig at me for that then crack on. But I'd rather hope for the best and be disappointed than predict the worst and jump around in triumph when things don't work out.
This is the reality of transfer season. The desire of one club to get in or retain players is subject to the players and other teams, it isn't all about Tiger and KR. The role of agents can't be underestimated either. If we are negotiating and losing out to championship teams it actually shows intent. Things change so quickly in football. Let's hope some positive changes on the incoming transfer front go our way next week.

This is the reality of transfer season. The desire of one club to get in or retain players is subject to the players and other teams, it isn't all about Tiger and KR. The role of agents can't be underestimated either. If we are negotiating and losing out to championship teams it actually shows intent. Things change so quickly in football. Let's hope some positive changes on the incoming transfer front go our way next week.
Well it’s about Tiger when £2m one week is a no then £1.5m 4 weeks later is ok!!

‘Course we’re all going to look like a right bunch of chumps if there’s no truth to this story ?

However..

If there is, on the day the club is patting itself on the back for passing 4000 ST sales, they can shove it right up their arses

Had the same thought. The club has got some stones putting out that story knowing that the star player was off.

It's not £1.5m
Well it’s got to be £4m then as that was the golden number. Or £2m plus a player?? Surely if Tiger & KR are at the negotiating table they will be asking the question if any players could be involved in the deal??

A chunk of any fee will go to Crusaders as they included a sell-on clause when he came to us.

If this is true, it could explain Karl's frustration in the interview earlier. It shows that it's not agents he's fighting, but idiots closer to home. If it's true of course

If this is true, it could explain Karl's frustration in the interview earlier. It shows that it's not agents he's fighting, but idiots closer to home. If it's true of course
It's on our page and the Cardiff page on the BBC Sport site. They don't usually put things up on the club pages without knowing it's happening.

Back
Top Bottom