Gavin Whyte

If Crusaders have a large sell on clause this sale makes no sense at all.

We've got to pay off our creditors somehow I suppose.

Seriously this club is about as far away from 'stable' as it is possible to be. We've got nothing.

This just doesn’t make sense at all!! Selling arguably our only goal threat a week before the season starts & without getting a striker in that was needed anyway just doesn’t make sense. The pace in the team has been totally whipped out with Whyte & Brown going. I feel for KR because you spend all pre season trying to build a team around the players you have & for some reason all KR’s targets go elsewhere & even worse you lose your best players to other teams against your wishes. If Whyte goes for £1.5m then that in itself just isn’t right considering today’s transfer market. £4m then obviously gutted that he’s gone & thank u, but £1.5m??? Is a steel & makes everyone think that something isn’t right here. I’m worried, very worried!

This sale just compounds a series of issues:

1 - struggling to bring players in. For whatever reason, despite being ambitious in going for Cadden Permanently, Findlay, Evans, Browne (plus probably a whole load others) we aren't getting them over the line. Is that the lack of leadership? Players being scared off by WUP?

2 - #1 doesn't become a huge issue if we hang on to our assets. At least we have something to build around. Whyte represents one of the only assets we have within the squad imo along with Eastwood (won't get much £££ if he leaves), Brannagan, Dickie (if he extends his contract), Baptiste and Sykes (if he get increased playing time)...we've added to that with Gorrin and Fosu. However players such as Mousinho, Henry, Mackie have next to no resale and we end up with a lack of players coming in along with an ever aging squad.

Whyte represent a nice profit for us in 12 months, however his sale raises more questions over who makes such decisions, why KR has repeated in the press the valuation, if any money gets reinvested into the squad.

Eight days until the start of the season and we are in a considerably weaker position than when we finished the season, despite knowing the issues we were facing.

Normally I'm positive however this would severely hinder us going into next season (even if proceeds were invested into the squad, we don't appear to be an attractive proposition at the minute)

I'm sure a lot of s**t will continue to be fired my way after I dismissed ideas of a deal on Tuesday. So here's everything as I understand it. On Tuesday rumours started circulating early evening that Cardiff had made a bid. Robinson said he hadn't heard anything and would have expected Warnock to have spoken to him directly. Around the same time I spoke with Gavin who also stated that he'd heard nothing, hadn't spoken to any other clubs and wasn't expecting to move. There's no reason to disbelieve either accounts at that time. HOWEVER, a formal offer did come in on Wednesday and Whyte was allowed to talk as the general understanding is that the club won't stand in the way of a move if initial valuations are met. I do not know the fee but I am lead to believe that it is above £2m. Whyte has been offered a very good deal, one that goes way beyond our pay structure and it is assumed that the deal will go through on Monday.

In addition, the situation with Browne was one where we had met West Hams valuation and offered a deal at the very top of our pay structure with a big signing on fee. Browne was very happy and was expected to sign by today. HOWEVER, Middlesborough have come in and offered an extra year to us, some bonus deals based on promotion etc and the chance to play in the Championship.

So at the time I commented on both, I fully believed the information to be accurate and had high hopes of keeping Whyte and adding Browne, with both expected to play tomorrow. That situation has changed and I'll hold my hands up to being wrong.

If people want to have a dig at me for that then crack on. But I'd rather hope for the best and be disappointed than predict the worst and jump around in triumph when things don't work out.

silence ... thus far... on the subject from OWS, OM and Rad Ox ....

yet BBC have the story ... significant sell-on clause to Crusaders mean there aint gonna be much left from a pitiful £2m for OUFC .....

KR said we don’t need to sell! Forest interested at £2m. KR, no way would only consider £4m (which I think is correct & a fair price) Forest go away. Cardiff, would you consider £1.5m, KR NO, Tiger, oh go on then it makes good business sense & a good return on investment in not even a year. This isn’t right & KR is being stitched up. Is there anyone else out there who is not feeling that this just doesn’t make sense??

I'm sure a lot of s**t will continue to be fired my way after I dismissed ideas of a deal on Tuesday. So here's everything as I understand it. On Tuesday rumours started circulating early evening that Cardiff had made a bid. Robinson said he hadn't heard anything and would have expected Warnock to have spoken to him directly. Around the same time I spoke with Gavin who also stated that he'd heard nothing, hadn't spoken to any other clubs and wasn't expecting to move. There's no reason to disbelieve either accounts at that time. HOWEVER, a formal offer did come in on Wednesday and Whyte was allowed to talk as the general understanding is that the club won't stand in the way of a move if initial valuations are met. I do not know the fee but I am lead to believe that it is above £2m. Whyte has been offered a very good deal, one that goes way beyond our pay structure and it is assumed that the deal will go through on Monday.

In addition, the situation with Browne was one where we had met West Hams valuation and offered a deal at the very top of our pay structure with a big signing on fee. Browne was very happy and was expected to sign by today. HOWEVER, Middlesborough have come in and offered an extra year to us, some bonus deals based on promotion etc and the chance to play in the Championship.

So at the time I commented on both, I fully believed the information to be accurate and had high hopes of keeping Whyte and adding Browne, with both expected to play tomorrow. That situation has changed and I'll hold my hands up to being wrong.

If people want to have a dig at me for that then crack on. But I'd rather hope for the best and be disappointed than predict the worst and jump around in triumph when things don't work out.
I don’t think anyone cares about who said what. You wrote what you believed to be true, end of.

I do think that the owner’s strategy and claims have been shown to be worthless. Optimist you maybe, but surely you must be fearful of our situation and the constant disappointments?

If you’re not, then I think we can swap optimist to delusional.

Whyte wasn't going to tell you anything was he? If a formal offer came in on Wednesday I would be very surprised if he didn't know about it on Tuesday night.
Also it has now become blindingly obvious what the reason is that he hasn't been playing!!

It’s surely madness to sell Whyte on Monday - days before the season starts with no replacement lined up - for what I would describe as a derisory fee in the current market. Robinson quoted Ademola Lookman who was a L1 player under Robinson in 2017 and for whom Everton paid £7.5m
up front with add ons. We should be fighting to get fair value and not rolling over having our tummy tickled.

Lookman was sold this week to RB Leipzig for £22m. Lookman is 22 next birthday.

Something looks manifestly wrong to me.

Back
Top Bottom