Gavin Whyte

I hope its not deja vu ala browne. I.e. Wait until the end of the window and dont get him ending up with some also ran.

"a host of Championship and League 1 clubs"

Not sure if he'll be interested in our relegation battle lol

No Reason why Whyte would ever want to come back to Oxford. We aren't an attractive club in the grand scheme of things and have a very mediocre financial backing.
We're good as a career stepping stone, which is what most players that join us look for, but not an end game target.
Hate to say it but it's the truth.

No Reason why Whyte would ever want to come back to Oxford. We aren't an attractive club in the grand scheme of things and have a very mediocre financial backing.
We're good as a career stepping stone, which is what most players that join us look for, but not an end game target.

Wherever he goes it will be on loan, so finances are immaterial as he'll still pick up his Cardiff pay no matter what.

Plus he was here and genuinely loved his time at the club. Yes it gave him the opportunity to become the stepping stone to a much better contract, but he will be looking to play regularly and for a manager he trusts.

So watch this space, you might be surprised!

Hey Gav, how do you fancy a relegation on your CV?

Gav?

Gav?

Bloody hell wheres Marcus' number.

Wherever he goes it will be on loan, so finances are immaterial as he'll still pick up his Cardiff pay no matter what.

Plus he was here and genuinely loved his time at the club. Yes it gave him the opportunity to become the stepping stone to a much better contract, but he will be looking to play regularly and for a manager he trusts.

So watch this space, you might be surprised!
Sort of - if one club offers to pick up £2k per week and another £6k per week of his wages, Cardiff will put pressure on Gav to go to the latter.

Will also depend which one of our decent earners we can ship out.

Hanson obviously will be the one on menu peoples list but a bit of creativity with Mous and a new Anon playing contract dull free up a space and a decent wage for the playing budget.

Will also depend which one of our decent earners we can ship out.

Hanson obviously will be the one on menu peoples list but a bit of creativity with Mous and a new Anon playing contract dull free up a space and a decent wage for the playing budget.

That is being kind, I can think of a few more than bit part players like Mous and Hanson who could free up some wages. Eastwood, Sykes, Cooper to name a few and even Winnall unless he can prove his fitness. I’d be reluctant to part with Winnall because he’s a quality player but you just get the feeling he might be one who’s fit for five games then out for ten.

What a load of nonsense.
'Its the truth'. Modern social media. It is my opinion so therefore it is the truth

It just isn't going to happen. Why would he take a step back. He established himself here. He needs to do the same somewhere else to show he is not a one trick pony. Hope I'm wrong.

There is already space within the budget and we'll have at least Joel Cooper coming off the pay roll in January. Hall will also be going out, unless he picks up an injury, and so will Hanson if Brannagan has recovered by then. There will be plenty in the pot to bring in at least one or two higher earners (Whyte or Browne level).

That is being kind, I can think of a few more than bit part players like Mous and Hanson who could free up some wages. Eastwood, Sykes, Cooper to name a few and even Winnall unless he can prove his fitness. I’d be reluctant to part with Winnall because he’s a quality player but you just get the feeling he might be one who’s fit for five games then out for ten.
Cooper? He will be back hopefully next season so we will still have a proportion of his wage and Eastwood won’t be going anywhere.

There is already space within the budget and we'll have at least Joel Cooper coming off the pay roll in January. Hall will also be going out, unless he picks up an injury, and so will Hanson if Brannagan has recovered by then. There will be plenty in the pot to bring in at least one or two higher earners (Whyte or Browne level).

Of those you mentioned apart from Winnall & Eastwood, the rest will be on a fraction of what SE - SW are on, so not really worth discarding those.

Besides, if Eastwood gets his form and confidence back, he’s an assist worth keeping for the remaining few months of his deal.

If Cooper is to go in January- don’t be surprised if the club agree a financial package with him and which ever club he ends up at. No different to what we will most likely end up doing with the likes of Hanson and / or Hall should they be the ones to leave.

^^^^ that was meant to be to about discarding the younger squad players.

Back
Top Bottom