Gavin Whyte

just mentioned on Radox Gavin asked to be loaned back to the U's for this season
Must admit I was disappointed with the fee we received for him but I guess if there were serious concerns over his hamstrings then it makes sense we 'only' got £2m. Surprising that if Whyte wanted to come back on loan (and presumably we would want him too) that Cardiff would stand in his way also.

What's up with Gav's hamstrings?! I remember something that he needed to work on these over the close season, but only as he was still effectively transitioning to full-time football. Something more sinister? :unsure:

Must admit I was disappointed with the fee we received for him but I guess if there were serious concerns over his hamstrings then it makes sense we 'only' got £2m. Surprising that if Whyte wanted to come back on loan (and presumably we would want him too) that Cardiff would stand in his way also.
You are right about his hamstrings, he done one while training for NI recently

Well he came on for the last 15 minutes of their match today, so perhaps they actually want to use him rather than loan him out?

It sounds like Whyte is realistic about the lack of experience he has, and what it will do to his career warming the bench in Cardiff. But, he didn't need to go now, but the club understandably cashed the chips out when they could. It sounded like they were concerned he would fail the medical.

It sounds like Whyte is realistic about the lack of experience he has, and what it will do to his career warming the bench in Cardiff. But, he didn't need to go now, but the club understandably cashed the chips out when they could. It sounded like they were concerned he would fail the medical.
I guess things move fast, we took the money as he could have been injured today and we’d have had neither him nor the money

Loved him when he was here, now he isn’t. Hope he has a successful career. How’s Shandon’s fitness coming on?

Well he came on for the last 15 minutes of their match today, so perhaps they actually want to use him rather than loan him out?
On a side note Bogle came on and scored so never a realistic swap on face of it ...however they still lost.

I hope Whyte's hamstrings don't cause him long term injury problems and he gets a chance to fulfil his potential as he is no doubt an exciting player to watch. Further he gave his all when playing and didn't come over as an entitled person because he was a footballer, unlike some in the past.

Back
Top Bottom