Gavin Whyte

Good luck Gavin, if you develop as well as I'm anticipating, you won't be at Cardiff for very long.

Good luck to Whyte - he did so well last season that a move upwards was always inevitable within the next 12 months. All the best to the lad ?

It looks like Oxford Mail are reporting similar figures so maybe we're fairly close. Personally I don't think it's too bad a deal. I don't think Whyte was ever worth £4m, nearer £3m in my view. So with the adds on we're pretty much there.

The real test will now be on how we spend the money and I think we'll be ok without throwing money away!
I thought KR said any money from the GW sale would be going towards owning a new training ground or whatever mumbling he was doing about us owning one.
So we sell our best player and asset for a knock down price to put towards a property deal for who?
Oh well we know there will now be a kitty with some money in, in this country the next time there is a banking cash flow problem.

I am canterburyexile but tho I am not unhappy with the sentiments I most certainly did not post it. A mystery
Mate, there are two Canterbury Exiles... There's you "Canterbury Exile" with 50 odd posts and joined Apr 2018 and "Canterburyexile" who joined in 2017 and has about 12 posts. You can either start your own branch of OxVox down there or someone is telling Canterbury Tales!! :)

Mate, there are two Canterbury Exiles... There's you "Canterbury Exile" with 50 odd posts and joined Apr 2018 and "Canterburyexile" who joined in 2017 and has about 12 posts. You can either start your own branch of OxVox down there or someone is telling Canterbury Tales!! :)

Cheers Jon

I thought KR said any money from the GW sale would be going towards owning a new training ground or whatever mumbling he was doing about us owning one.
So we sell our best player and asset for a knock down price to put towards a property deal for who?
Oh well we know there will now be a kitty with some money in, in this country the next time there is a banking cash flow problem.

Robinson may down play the amount Whyte has gone for or how that money is being used to help moderate fees that we will end up paying out.

Robinson may down play the amount Whyte has gone for or how that money is being used to help moderate fees that we will end up paying out.
Yes it did seem a strange ramble about owning a training ground and stadium, as though we could raise that type of money through transfers, I know you never answered before but I do hope the money from transfer transactions do end up in the clubs coffer.

Very sorry to see Gavin leave and I wish him all the very best for the future. Summed up for me by these words from KR, “"How can you stand in the way of a young man that’s going to get a contract that’s probably six times more than Oxford United pay?”

Players come players go, it’s been like that in the 40+ years I have followed OUFC. I was really gutted when John Aldridge and Ray Houghton left, but we survived. Let’s move on, I personally think its good business for the club given another season with us his contract would be down to one year. So would his value have doubled or halved by this time next season?

Blame the 8 hour time difference and the need for zzzzz!

But in all seriousness, good business and Moore looks very promising and at 6.5! Will be a mean bastard.

Are you able to confirm that your source has also said the same as EC Yellow please?

Back
Top Bottom