Gavin Whyte

I think now our club must be looked at by other clubs as a complete joke. KR has done nothing this season to promote the club he has however made us look stupid, his Man management is totally inept he has s a very poor manager/coach and if this was Tigers WOW then wow how is this appointment WOW. These comments about one of our players is making us a bit of a pariah with the league and national teams. This is something that we could do without.

I feel Tiger is afraid to sack maybe trying to save face but I’m doing so our value is diminishing.

What authority does Niall McWilliams have? Normally af Chief Executive would have made the decision over KR’s tenure with us.

A defeat cannot be down wn to the fact that one of our better players is away on international duty, but a defeat and KR needs to go!

As you say, fair play to O'Neill for bringing these comments to a wider audience and exposing them for the guff that they are...perhaps a wider humiliation of the club might prompt action from those that would prefer not to....

I'd like to think Dave Jones pushed the story as a favour.

Seeing that Gavin Whyte sat on the bench all night I would say that’s two fingers up to KR from Mr O’Neil

Gavin White needs to walk into Mr Robinson’s office on Wednesday morning and tell him the following........
“Don’t ever put me and my country in that position again”, i will, as a player will give 100% for club and country,
I can and probably will play for different football clubs throughout my career, however I can only play for one country and in this short career that players have I will not let you take that away from me.........
Gavin White is probably the only asset KR has brought to the club in ‘hopefully’ his short tenure as manager.........
Having international players is part and parcel of modern football, I have a Mansfield Town fan at work and their game is called off this Saturday due to having 3 so called international players in the squad, they are using the time to get players back from injury....
Football is a “Funny old game” and you need to use and in some cases abuse the tools you have to your advantage...
If Gavin White gets 20 odd caps for Northern Ireland while playing for us we will be a better team with him in it.....!

And in itself, proves KR point. Whyte would be better off playing for us tomorrow...........
Not sure that it does. There are many reasons why he might not have used him, the fact that he was included in the squad proves the point that as an international manager he chooses the squad he believes is fit for purpose.

....although no doubt KR will use it as a pathetic vindication of his assertion that the oufc treatment was 'horrendous'

Not sure that it does. There are many reasons why he might not have used him, the fact that he was included in the squad proves the point that as an international manager he chooses the squad he believes is fit for purpose.

If results were better, we wouldn't careless what KR was saying and would almost certainly agree with him that we should have our best players playing for us rather than warming the bench at international level. I am sure we had exactly the same situation when Callum was being called up and unused and many on here were saying that he should have been playing for us instead.

If results were better, we wouldn't careless what KR was saying and would almost certainly agree with him that we should have our best players playing for us rather than warming the bench at international level. I am sure we had exactly the same situation when Callum was being called up and unused and many on here were saying that he should have been playing for us instead.

But our situation is what it is and whose responsible for that? Robinson is being found out, he is nowhere near the manager he thinks he is and he really is feeling the pressure. His comments regarding Hanson and “it wasn’t me that brought him to the club” type of remark along with the fact that the NI manager has publicly berated him is proving the point most of us have been saying for weeks. Is today a big game? Not really it’s a game that win or lose will still see us anchored in the bottom four of the table.

Still after today’s game we should be given some details of what is happening behind the scenes as a meeting is being held where we should get some clarity within a couple of days. That of course will depend on wether or not the information is not classified as confidential.:mad:

KR can think what he likes behind the scenes but should not be airing it in public. It's a leadership failure and is inexcusable. Embarrassing. Hopefully another mistake he can learn from but i fear that's unlikely.

• React
Reactions: Ian
....although no doubt KR will use it as a pathetic vindication of his assertion that the oufc treatment was 'horrendous'
Always the victim.
If these players were behind Gobbo, I think we'd have more than 6 f*****g points.
His petulant displays as the manager of OUFC are a complete embarrassment. Get rid.

Whyte stays on the bench and Robinson proved right.

Not if you know the game. It’s horses for courses, Whyte would have come on as sub if O’Neill thought that he could have changed the game. Every game is played out differently and maybe next time he will play. He’s still very young and being in a squad of international players will only do him good, playing or not.

Whyte stays on the bench and Robinson proved right.
But that’s not the point as far as I’m concerned. Whyte was chosen for his country’s squad by his national teams manager. What should have been a very proud achievement for him and his club was turned into a s**t storm by his club manager who’s throwing everyone under the bus to save himself.

There are wider issues given our policy of getting in young premiership starlets who represent countries at U18-21 level - with so many commercial meaningless internationals you could end up losing out half your squad to bench sitters. Shame we lose Gavin although I think he has been found out since the first couple of games and needs to find ways to exploit his pace better. As a winger, against much slower defenders, he needs to gather, take a touch, slow the defender down and then clip and go. He is trying to receive and run past (balanced) defenders and not getting much of a look at the moment. Great potential but needs to be taken under Rosies arm and get a few more options. Also looked better overlapping with Norman - not sure why if he is one for our future we arent playing to his strengths.

But that’s not the point as far as I’m concerned. Whyte was chosen for his country’s squad by his national teams manager. What should have been a very proud achievement for him and his club was turned into a s**t storm by his club manager who’s throwing everyone under the bus to save himself.
Its always happened that club managers have had problems when players go away on international duty,especially if players then get injured,too many people on this forum are blinded by their dislike of Robinson to actually see that in this case Robinson was right.

Its always happened that club managers have had problems when players go away on international duty,especially if players then get injured,too many people on this forum are blinded by their dislike of Robinson to actually see that in this case Robinson was right.

His point was valid in some ways, the way he expressed it was, as often, twattish and without brain engaged.

He was a NI international before he joined us so Robinson would have been fully aware that he could lose him on International duty when he pursued him.

Back
Top Bottom