Gavin Whyte

I would guess that Magilton probably scored after Saunders, and maybe Andy Melville. Can't think of many other European internationals.
So I was right with Magiliton!!! What do I win? Bottle of Singha beer, or a signed copy of @The Hawk 's new book?!!

Neil Slatter was capped a few times for Wales while an OUFC player wasnt he?

Ceri Evans played for New Zealand while an OUFC player... did he captain NZ at all?

Dean Saunders scored his first international goal on 19th October 1988. He left Oxford two weeks later.
Jim Magilton was with Oxford from October90-Feb 94. HE scored for the Republic in Feb93 against Latvia
ANdy Melville scored 3 international goals, but over three years after leaving Oxford. Likewise Aldridge didnt get his first until three years after kleaving too. Meanwhile Billy Hamiltons last international goal was a year before joining.
Van Kessel did score for Curacoa against Bolivia on 24 MArch this year, while on loan at Oxford
Matt Elliott didnt realise he was Scottish until a year after leaving us.

Most recent appearances while with OUFC ( ** scored)
Sep18 - Whyte (NI) **
Mar 18 - van KEssel (Curacoa) **
Nov 17 - Baptiste (Grenada) **
Aug 16 - Buchel (Leichtenstein)
(Jun 16 - Crocombe (N Zealand) - bench only)
May 16 - O'Dowda (Ireland)
Mar 16 - George (Antigua and Barbuda) **

Others (last app)
Sep 05 - Davies (wales)
Feb 00 - Watson (Canada) **
Feb 00 - Arendse (South Africa)
Sep 93 - Magilton (Ireland)
Apr 93 - Melville (Wales)
Oct 88 - Saunders (Wales) **
Oct 87 - R Houghton (ireland)
Oct 86 - Aldridge (Ireland)
Jun 86 - Hamilton (N Ireland)

Other scorers: (last goal)
Feb 00 - Watson (Canada) **
Feb 93 - Magilton (Ireland) **
Oct 88 - Saunders (Wales) **

I'm sure there are plenty others, but at the moment these are the most recent appearances, scorers and European scorers that I have (feel free to suggest more)

Paul Kee played for Northern Ireland 9 times. I think he was with us for 7 of the caps with the final 2 coming whilst playing for Ards in 1994. I think he last played as an OUFC player in 1991

Talking of goalkeepers. Mick Kearns played for R of Ireland. First cap 1970. I think he was our 2nd capped player after David Sloan.

Also back in the seventies, Dave Roberts was capped several times for Wales
Yep. Sold him to Fulham for 70 grand.
Was our captain at the time. Also one of our best ever CB's. He was ahead of his time really being able to play out of defence and read the game well.

Yep. Sold him to Fulham for 70 grand.
Was our captain at the time. Also one of our best ever CB's. He was ahead of his time really being able to play out of defence and read the game well.
Dave Roberts would be the first name in my all time OUFC team... capped 6 times for Wales while an OUFC player.... though @Oufcrealist , if memory serves, (?) he came from Fulham to OUFC, and moved to Hull City after 4 years at the Manor

Dave Roberts would be the first name in my all time OUFC team... capped 6 times for Wales while an OUFC player.... though @Oufcrealist , if memory serves, (?) he came from Fulham to OUFC, and moved to Hull City after 4 years at the Manor
Yes sorry. Came from Fulham. Went to Hull from here. Interesting that he also played in the NASL for Chicago Sting and virtually ended his career in Hong Kong!!

Yes sorry. Came from Fulham. Went to Hull from here. Interesting that he also played in the NASL for Chicago Sting and virtually ended his career in Hong Kong!!
if memory serves(?) Dave Roberts went on loan to Chicago Sting in NASL.... though I cant remember which club farmed him out?

Oh, Rogan had a gap between caps... Capped in April 1992, his next cap was in November '96. Obviously too busy concentrating on Oxford to play for NI in the meantime. :)

John Aldridge and the Republic of Ireland I don’t think he scored for them until he was at Liverpool.

does James Constable aka Beano playing for 'England C' during the dark days of the Conference years count? ...an England squad drawn from non league players, think it was one or two appearances for England C, cant remember either way if Beano scored for England C ?

does James Constable aka Beano playing for 'England C' during the dark days of the Conference years count? ...an England squad drawn from non league players, think it was one or two appearances for England C, cant remember either way if Beano scored for England C ?
I think he scored 1 for England c

Back
Top Bottom