Gavin Whyte

HMRC issue aside, I think this has been handled very well by the club.

I’ve bumped into Gavin a few times around games and he does seem to be a genuinely nice, polite young lad.

Too much to drink and made a massive mistake. No point hanging him out to dry.

If I was him though I’d get new friends. Clearly one of them has shared the video.

Day 15 of 48 hours and we are still waiting for strikers, oh hang on a minute we have HMRC issues again, Gavin will learn his lesson, but a club statement as to what is going on behind the scenes is not so important? This is a right royal F**k up of a season. I am presently on painkillers which are very strong and I have had some weird dreams, hopefully, I will wake up in a minute and realise that all the shyte that is happening is one big nightmare?

When they said it had leaked I thought the whole thing went far too far.... then I realised that it was just the story.
I have to say that many of us have done some silly things when we've been drunk, so people in glass houses and all that... but WTF?! If it was a rugby player I could understand!

I think the general (non oxford) football fan are more interested in a pro player windmilling than tax issues to be fair.

The media circus will trundle away before long and most will forget about it. The club statement does a reasonable job of putting a full stop to proceedings so hopefully this is the end of it.

I think Gavin Whyte will find it harder to shake it off though - so to speak.

Another concern might be that police will feel duty bound to potentially speak with him given that there is national coverage of public exposure. Who’s going to lead the line then if he’s missing a game or two?!

• React
Reactions: Ian
Thought that this was an interesting paragraph from the Independent’s report today on Gavin:

“Oxford are battling for their lives on the field in League One, and have faced three winding-up orders as they fight to survive off it.”

They are on the ball with our winding up petition situation.

When they said it had leaked I thought the whole thing went far too far.... then I realised that it was just the story.
I have to say that many of us have done some silly things when we've been drunk, so people in glass houses and all that... but WTF?! If it was a rugby player I could understand!

If it were a rugby player, it probably wouldn't even have made the news.

Reminds me of the old days of Snake's imaginary phone calls:
FRIDAY
Tiger: We've had another winding up petition, can somebody get this off the front page.
Whyte: To be sure, I'm off to the Northern Ireland sports awards at the weekend and am nominated for the George Best breakthrough awards. I'll make sure it gets in the news.
Tiger: Great, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom