oh dear

66 mins
HITS THE WOODWORK
Bosnia 1-0 Northern Ireland
WHAT A MISS!
I mean...
WHAT. A. MISS!
It was easier to score.
Stuart Dallas swings in a cross which Gavin Whyte meets at the far post and it is blocked on the line.
The rebound falls to him six yards out, he has a free goal to aim at but side foots his effort onto the post.
Unbelievable, it was a sitter.

oh dear

66 mins
HITS THE WOODWORK
Bosnia 1-0 Northern Ireland
WHAT A MISS!
I mean...
WHAT. A. MISS!
It was easier to score.
Stuart Dallas swings in a cross which Gavin Whyte meets at the far post and it is blocked on the line.
The rebound falls to him six yards out, he has a free goal to aim at but side foots his effort onto the post.
Unbelievable, it was a sitter.

Damn, I saw on my app that he hit the post and thought "Get in there Gav!"

Didn't realise it was a bad thing to have done in whatever situation he was in...

Just watched the highlights and Whyte did really well when he came on hitting the post twice

Good experience for him to play against players like Dzeko and Pjanic, also Jonny Evans in the NI side.

Imagine trying to hold the young lad back from that! KR please engage brain next time...

After the Conference days and L2 days preceding it, I find it amusing that some have complained (not suggesting you Bazzer) about us losing a player because he is on international duty. I'm happy we have a potentially very good international player and would welcome more if it means quality players.

After the Conference days and L2 days preceding it, I find it amusing that some have complained (not suggesting you Bazzer) about us losing a player because he is on international duty. I'm happy we have a potentially very good international player and would welcome more if it means quality players.
I totally agree it’s good for the club 1, we have an international, 2, a good bit of recruitment. Ok it should mean money for us but would like to see how long we can keep hold of him.

I totally agree it’s good for the club 1, we have an international, 2, a good bit of recruitment. Ok it should mean money for us but would like to see how long we can keep hold of him.
If we're playing a division higher than we currently are we'd hang on to a few of our players.. after all they'd, in the main, rather be playing regular game time than at best, bench warming (or out on loan) .....all thats needed is a run of wins from now until the end of the season. .....shouldnt be too much of an ask should it? :oops::unsure:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/11/...ing-talks-to-sign-gavin-whyte-may-actually-b/

Interesting theory that Leeds not signing him in the Summer means that Whyte gets to make a step-up from Northern Ireland football to League One and adjust to English football, before making the jump to a 'bigger' team.

Looking at how this has panned out for other players we sold in the last few years or who have stepped up, it seems that playing regular league football is better for players than being in EPL U-21 sides.

Interesting bit of news regarding my eldest grandson / Gavin Whyte

My Grandson (now) lives in Northern Ireland, he plays for the local(Portavogie)NI team U11s
his fellow squad members initially mocked him for being an OUFC supporter ( instead of a prem team from an armchair)
Once he pointed out that full NI international Gavin Whyte plays for Oxford United, suddenly its 'ok' to be an OUFC supporter
over there :)

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/11/...ing-talks-to-sign-gavin-whyte-may-actually-b/

Interesting theory that Leeds not signing him in the Summer means that Whyte gets to make a step-up from Northern Ireland football to League One and adjust to English football, before making the jump to a 'bigger' team.

Looking at how this has panned out for other players we sold in the last few years or who have stepped up, it seems that playing regular league football is better for players than being in EPL U-21 sides.

Interesting that the author has failed to realise that even bigger clubs than Leeds might also have their eye on him! They have written the piece as if Leeds have a ‘must sell to us’ clause in GW’s contract! Do they know something we don’t ? ?

Back
Top Bottom