Gavin Whyte

I really hate listening to Robinson talk, or reading his words in print. It's mostly shite. I hope it's different behind the scenes with the players, but given our position in the league and the performances and body language on the pitch I can't help but think it's the same there too.

Whilst it is infuriating, the problem is that this will P**s whyte off. Wouldn't be surprised to see him angling for a more sympathetic boss come January.

Sometimes you've got to just bite your tongue, no matter how hard that is.

Hopefully he won’t have to wait until January to find a sympathetic boss\

Yet another clanger. This isn't about MAPP vs KR, it's about a combination of poor results and a choice of words that is just as bad.

People think KR will go if we lose to Plymouth. I'm not no sure he should still be in charge until the game.

People say that the legs have gone from some players... KRs composure has definitely gone, and I think it's taken much of his brain with it.

Of course we don't have an option, but it is still frustrating to lose probably our best player in an otherwise shitty start. I won't defend his words, but I agree with the message.

If he is our best player, then that just goes to prove that the signings were poor. That’s not saying Gavin is crap because he isn’t, it’s just that losing one player from what is now a near fully fit squad should not make a great deal of difference. KR have many options with selection on Saturday and Gavin need not concern himself about taking the opportunity to play for his Country. The club will also benefit as the player value will increase. Robinson is just panicking as he knows his managerial skills are being tested and even for some, found lacking.

I have to say Robinson latest antics over this have angered me more than any thing else he’s previously done. I’m embarrassed for him and feel sorry for Whyte at a time when he should be feeling immensely proud on breaking through to his country’s national team. He’s been a shining light in an otherwise mostly very dark season so far. Please Robinson, next time you get interviewed by the media, take a long deep breath and think about what you’re saying. You’ve obviously not got anybody above you at the club advising or guiding you so you have a big responsibility not to make us look like a laughing stock. Whytes call up is also a very proud moment for the football club, and essential to our business model of attracting good young players - we can now show them what’s possible if they sign for us - and if the season hasn’t been one almighty dog’s bollock so far, there wouldn’t be a problem.

Manager Karl Robinson told us:

"It's great for Gavin again. They hold him in high regard and he has done really well for us since joining in the summer. It is a big step up to play regularly in League 1 but he is getting better all the time and playing international football will only help his development."
So this from Robinson when Gavin called up, then yesterday's outburst. I think there comes a time when regardless of performance or results when the manager embarreses our club in this way he has to go. When the performances and results are as they are him going is a no brainer, bit like he comes across actually.

It's just ridiculously cringe isn't it. Embarrassing. Please just stop talking KR.

O'Neill's comments are bang on the money except for the parting shot about Robinson should think before he speaks !!!
Like that's ever gonna happen !!!
Clearly he doesn't know Robinson as well as the latter tried to suggest he did

He is like some selfish cry-baby kid who wants his ball back - unbelievable behaviour - shame Tiger clearly doesn't have the balls to rid us of him - he has become quite obnoxious now
Just my personal view but I think this shows what can happen when you have a manager with a certain type of personality who has no superior above them in the company structure

Kicking off about one player being called up, although one of our best, makes me wonder if Robinson has been told that it’s win or the sack?

If we can’t beat the team who are one place above us because one player is out then that says a lot about this squad.

Every time Robinson hits a new low he finds a way of sinking further. Truly embarrassing for the club, and alienating for the player himself.

There’s some more embarrassing sound bites from our illustrious leader in today’s OM. It’s getting to the point where I can’t read them anymore..

He may not have lost the dressing room but has he already lost the fan base? He is like the prototype of the ten monkeys randomly typing the complete works of Shakespeare - just a bag of muddled words - his comments post NTFC suggested an "us" (him and the fans) and "them" (the players) and can hardly have done anything for confidence, which is what we are lacking - plus Karl, without a striker /goal from open play is it reasonable to expect the midfield to chip in with 2+ goals per game?

“Our lads can’t score from three yards. It’s the things everybody knows, I can’t come out and make something up – these are just the facts.”
He added: “You can’t magic someone to score goals.“I’ve been very brutally honest with one or two players in there, but you can’t change them.

"Cant change them?" - then it is time to go

The concern is that his interviews and general behavior have become much of a problem, as the results on the pitch. I said it a few weeks ago, he's been badly let down by the lack of any senior employee to talk to him, put their arm around him and tell him to reel the **** in.

This Gavin Whyte situation, well, what a slap in the face of the player first and foremost, let alone the international manager going out of his way in a press conference to discuss Karl and OUFC. A shameful episode really and something we don't need.

Back
Top Bottom