Gavin Whyte

fucck knows...
Come on, you can't critique KR for having no back up plan but have no idea yourself to cover for him?

KR has got lots of things wrong, but he's picked Whyte and got him playing to a higher standard than expected. He is about the only player in the squad who hasn't bombed at all this season and will be missed. To have him away for a vital league game for a nothing international is frustrating for all of us, even more so if he comes back injured. KR uses his words badly, but his message is right. Whyte should be tearing Plymouth apart not warming an international bench.

Whilst it is infuriating, the problem is that this will P**s whyte off. Wouldn't be surprised to see him angling for a more sympathetic boss come January.

Sometimes you've got to just bite your tongue, no matter how hard that is.

Come on, you can't critique KR for having no back up plan but have no idea yourself to cover for him?

KR has got lots of things wrong, but he's picked Whyte and got him playing to a higher standard than expected. He is about the only player in the squad who hasn't bombed at all this season and will be missed. To have him away for a vital league game for a nothing international is frustrating for all of us, even more so if he comes back injured. KR uses his words badly, but his message is right. Whyte should be tearing Plymouth apart not warming an international bench.
Tbh mate I don’t think we have an option, if a player is called up by their national team I think they’re obliged to report for their respective teams. Obviously injury could rule them out or a special dispensation agreed between mangers, Maybe he O’neill Wants to see if he is the best at what he has available. I understand Robbo’s frustration but his attitude towards it and his comments have done no favours.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Tbh mate I don’t think we have an option, if a player is called up by their national team I think they’re obliged to report for their respective teams. Obviously injury could rule them out or a special dispensation agreed between mangers, Maybe he O’neill Wants to see if he is the best at what he has available. I understand Robbo’s frustration but his attitude towards it and his comments have done no favours.
Of course we don't have an option, but it is still frustrating to lose probably our best player in an otherwise shitty start. I won't defend his words, but I agree with the message.

Of course we don't have an option, but it is still frustrating to lose probably our best player in an otherwise shitty start. I won't defend his words, but I agree with the message.
However, in the broader scheme of things, this is exactly what the club needs. Bring in a youngster for little outlay, give him a platform from which to shine and, boom! We have a player worth far more and an earnings potential for a club with few assets.

Quite right, I would have liked to see him turn out against Plymouth but, clearly he won't so KR needs to think before he spouts more drivel. The man is an absolute PR nightmare. He needs to be gagged in public.

Hes our player,what plans do you want?

He has been the only decent performer this season with Baptiste.

It would be great for him to play, however there has to be flexibility from KR to deal with Whyte and others being unavailable. It’s not like it’s come out of nowhere.

How about 4-3-3

Eastwood
Norman // Nelson // Dickie // whoever
Brannagan (or Baptiste) // Mousinho // Hanson
Holmes // Smith // Henry

Had KR got the squad building right in the summer, missing Whyte wouldn't feel like the end of the world. Whyte deserves his chance with the NI national side, he's been working towards that for much longer than he's been playing for us, and if all goes well for him, he'll still be playing for them long after he leaves us (which I hope isn't anytime soon). At this level country is bigger than club, no matter how much that upsets anyone, and it's Whyte's prerogative to go and play for his country.

However, in the broader scheme of things, this is exactly what the club needs. Bring in a youngster for little outlay, give him a platform from which to shine and, boom! We have a player worth far more and an earnings potential for a club with few assets.

Quite right, I would have liked to see him turn out against Plymouth but, clearly he won't so KR needs to think before he spouts more drivel. The man is an absolute PR nightmare. He needs to be gagged in public.

Early crimbo gift for KR?

ball-gag-black-26342-1-p.jpg

He seems to have had a complete about turn in just a week after saying this-

"It's great for Gavin again. They hold him in high regard and he has done really well for us since joining in the summer. It is a big step up to play regularly in League 1 but he is getting better all the time and playing international football will only help his development."

I do wonder if Robbo has been spoken to by Tiger about the importance of the Plymouth game and started with twitchy bum time.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Embarrassing from Robinson. Belittling of the player and as O’Neill says, he had already been away with the senior squad in the summer when he was still at Crusaders. What’s Whyte supposed to think hearing his manager claim it’s not important that he’s there, and seemingly taking credit for his inclusion when he’s started maybe half a dozen games here?

Just shut up, Karl.

Embarrassing from Robinson. Belittling of the player and as O’Neill says, he had already been away with the senior squad in the summer when he was still at Crusaders. What’s Whyte supposed to think hearing his manager claim it’s not important that he’s there, and seemingly taking credit for his inclusion when he’s started maybe half a dozen games here?

Just shut up, Karl.

If he were any smarter you’d possibly think he was deliberately making his job untenable.

Back
Top Bottom