Conference Gateshead take over

I am glad Aldershot are staying up purely for selfish reasons, buying a house just outside there so only need them to win one qualifying game in the FA Cup to make the first round, us get pulled out away to them in the draw and bobs your uncle, Fanny’s your aunt I have a game up the road from me next season.
FA Cup match away to an Aldershot team way below us in the football Pyramid... What could possibly go wrong... ?

Not far from me then. I’m in Yateley so only a few miles away.
I’m glad for Aldershot too, they are a typical family club.I wonder if Waddock will come back

I’m glad for Aldershot too, they are a typical family club.I wonder if Waddock will come back

Unlikely on Waddock as they have already appointed a new manager.

I looked at a couple of houses in Yateley, very nice place but just couldn’t get the right house there. In Farnborough (minutes from Farnborough fcs neat little ground) till the house move, everyone around here is a fan of a London premier league club, loads of Spurs/Chelsea especially, which I suppose makes sense as nearly everybody around here is either from London or family is from London, so it will be hard for Aldershot or any other team in what is a large, ever growing but disparate conurbation to make a mark.

They’ve got four. Built one on the high street end a few years back.
as was pointed out 'earlier' in this thread ... it has been a few seasons since I last visited the rec' .... small all seater im told? ... itd have to be small to fit in what was basically a walkway, with quite a sharp downwards slope towards the main turnstiles

as was pointed out 'earlier' in this thread ... it has been a few seasons since I last visited the rec' .... small all seater im told? ... itd have to be small to fit in what was basically a walkway, with quite a sharp downwards slope towards the main turnstiles

I just go to most recent and it picks up the first unread post which was yours about aldershot, before I saw the rest of the thread correcting your mistake. Perhaps edit the post?

You sure they are a "typical family club"?

History suggests not

No you’re right terminology is wrong there. A typical old fashioned ground with a leaking roof. And they have some stupid b****r banging his drum

you might be interested to see that the council has signed over a long lease to the Shots for £1 a year.

Back
Top Bottom