Manager/Coach Gary Parker

The change of formation at Lincoln was done to neutralise their style of play. In the games since, we've been moved between formations at times - from what I could see, the 2 holders in midfield appeared at times on Saturday depending on what Gillingham did.

The change of formation at Lincoln was done to neutralise their style of play. In the games since, we've been moved between formations at times - from what I could see, the 2 holders in midfield appeared at times on Saturday depending on what Gillingham did.

The last 3 games have been beautiful to watch the freedom the players have on the pitch. That fluid rotation between front 3/4 is so instrumental at the minute.

Well this supporter think this player -led tactical revolution idea is a load of old toot.

Personally don’t think there has been any significant change in formation since Sunderland. We are playing with a lot more strength and speed though.

The front four have been ‘interchanging’ all season.

We are also defending set pieces excellently now.

Football is a game of opinions but there’s definitely, definitely been a (slight) change in formation in my mind.

Woodburn is the clearest example of this - previously he was definitely playing in a 10 role behind the striker. He’d stay very central, and very high up the pitch. Gorrin would sit deep (as he is still now) and the other midfielder would be quite deep/central as well.

Now, Gorrin still sits deep and central but Woodburn is much deeper and operates in more of a 2 with the other midfielder.

Cadden also gets forward less and the wide men are slightly higher, but I’m not sure if that’s an actual formation change or just different in how we’re playing.

To be pedantic I’d say it was a 4-1-1-3-1 and it’s now more a 4-1-2-3

Well this supporter think this player -led tactical revolution idea is a load of old toot.

Personally don’t think there has been any significant change in formation since Sunderland. We are playing with a lot more strength and speed though.

The front four have been ‘interchanging’ all season.

We are also defending set pieces excellently now.
I would say that there have been tweaks particularly in relation to Woodburn dropping deeper.
I really dont get this 4 3 3 we are supposed to be playing though.
It is far more fluid than that with Fosu and Henry winning tackles in our own area and Henry popping up in the left side of the box to head in.
Taylor is clearly the striker but behind him there is a lot more fluidity.
As PRB also said we seem far more solid from set pieces as well

Back
Top Bottom