Games off

I can’t see that, as you say it wouldn’t be fair and with that it could lead to court action.

Everything will lead to court action.

If they void the season, then Leeds & WBA will sue. If they accept the current standings as final then Villa & Bournemouth will sue.
There's just no way to stop a season 80% of the way through and not enrage one club or another. Especially when there's hundreds of millions at stake.

Whilst that work work (given the current league tables) for the EFL, under that scenario, you then get the big Aston Villa lawsuit.

Because they're 19th and would be relegated as it stands but they have a game in hand on the three teams two points above them.

A Premier League place is worth 100m, so they wouldn't go quietly......

yes Sheffield united at Home and from what i can see it would be the only thing up for debate across the main leagues
perhaps offer them the parachute money and the difference between that and the 100m ? :)

That's the kind of 'outside the box' thinking we need to get us out of this predicament. ?
Yes, especially as 1% - 2% of the deliberately infected footballers would be "inside the box". R.I.P.

Bad decision. The government said football stadiums could continue to operate and part of the rationale behind this is it's plan to push the peak towards the warmer weather. The arses who run football believe they know better and choose to ignore government policy when, by allowing games to continue they are in a no lose position.

The correct answer was to allow games to go ahead and consider postponements on a game by game basis. Kicking the can down to what may well prove to be a more difficult part of road at this stage is completely wrong and a ridiculous decision in the current circumstances.

These ostriches will now happily put their heads back into the sand only to pull them out in April to find themselves with a potentially more difficult situation than one they could have mitigated by carrying on with fixtures for the time being.
It all boils down to whether our Government policy is right. And that they are being truthful to us - lol - we are adopting a stand alone approach and praying that Boris's approach is the answer and that every other nations scientists are wrong! The rest of the world have all closed schools and the evidence seems to suggest that lockdown slows down the exponential spread. Can you provide any evidence of ONE country which has done nothing and seen cases drop? A pandemic means not enough resources to treat people in ICU and not enough O2 to go around - doctors playing God and deciding who to prioritise. What if your wife was sent home to make way for a younger person who pays more tax?? That is the consequence to business as usual. The sporting calendar should have been frozen weeks ago. Dry your eyes - its only football and we dont want this to strike down half the country and (its a numbers game so) see players suddenly dying or contacting pneumonia which can take, at best, months to recover from. You suggest playing anyway a "no lose position" - this is not about a blame game. Allowing games to continue is madness.... if we are to nip this in the bud before everyone catches it and millions of old and vulnerable are "culled" we need draconian measures. Close every pub. Get the military on the streets and keep people indoors and issue entry coupons to supermarkets once per week. Then maybe when the grounds open they are again full of spectators and not 2 out of 3 seats empty because the season tickets holders are dead.

Attachments

• CV19.jpg
    CV19.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
It all boils down to whether our Government policy is right. And that they are being truthful to us - lol - we are adopting a stand alone approach and praying that Boris's approach is the answer and that every other nations scientists are wrong! The rest of the world have all closed schools and the evidence seems to suggest that lockdown slows down the exponential spread. Can you provide any evidence of ONE country which has done nothing and seen cases drop? A pandemic means not enough resources to treat people in ICU and not enough O2 to go around - doctors playing God and deciding who to prioritise. What if your wife was sent home to make way for a younger person who pays more tax?? That is the consequence to business as usual. The sporting calendar should have been frozen weeks ago. Dry your eyes - its only football and we dont want this to strike down half the country and (its a numbers game so) see players suddenly dying or contacting pneumonia which can take, at best, months to recover from. You suggest playing anyway a "no lose position" - this is not about a blame game. Allowing games to continue is madness.... if we are to nip this in the bud before everyone catches it and millions of old and vulnerable are "culled" we need draconian measures. Close every pub. Get the military on the streets and keep people indoors and issue entry coupons to supermarkets once per week. Then maybe when the grounds open they are again full of spectators and not 2 out of 3 seats empty because the season tickets holders are dead.

My eyes are fine thanks. Ask my parents about NHS patient priority ..... oh wait, you can't. Cheers for making it personal. It's a difference of opinion over government policy - let's keep it at that and see how it plays out.

What will the TV companies do whilst this ban is in place, could they be showing games in the conference while the ban is on? Some people will just watch football if it’s on, regardless of who’s playing. I guess the likes of Oxford City will get much larger attendances too. If it’s still going ahead I’ll probably go ahead and watch them.

What will the TV companies do whilst this ban is in place, could they be showing games in the conference while the ban is on? Some people will just watch football if it’s on, regardless of who’s playing. I guess the likes of Oxford City will get much larger attendances too. If it’s still going ahead I’ll probably go ahead and watch them.

I may walk down to CPF when 'City have a home game in the next few weeks ...Berkoe, Jones & Lofthouse are all on loan to 'City atm, I'll be 'supporting' the trio of U's loanees if I go to a 'City game

I may walk down to CPF when 'City have a home game in the next few weeks ...Berkoe, Jones & Lofthouse are all on loan to 'City atm, I'll be 'supporting' the trio of U's loanees if I go to a 'City game

The National League will be suspended in the next few days I reckon. The Ebbsfleet players in the after match interview didn't hold back in saying how ridiculous their game being on was and this after they won!

Travesty if Coventry and Rotherham get auto promoted though - it will all boil down to the RUFC 6 Bolton 1 result versus our 0-0 when they played against the kids and the shitty way EFL handled it :-( If games v BWFC were all voided woudnt we be top 2?

Only 4,900 at Notts county yesterday so it makes sense that they played when Stevenage, Macclesfield etc didn’t.

Apparently the national league played to give their clubs one last pay day before shutting down, does nothing much to help the league situation and it makes the conference looks as tin pot as ever.

Only 4,900 at Notts county yesterday so it makes sense that they played when Stevenage, Macclesfield etc didn’t.

Apparently the national league played to give their clubs one last pay day before shutting down, does nothing much to help the league situation and it makes the conference looks as tin pot as ever.

You’ll probably find the conference just wanted a bit of attention from the media. Which is what they got.

Back
Top Bottom