Game of Thrones - WARNING, CONTAINS SPOILERS

But didn't really catch on that it was a Starbucks cup.
That episode felt like a real GoT episode, lots going on, move the story on, gratuitous death. Glad they kicked the story on after the last few weeks.

Will Dany go mad and die before she gets to sit on the Iron Throne? Jon is Jon, looks to be setup to be the new King, but something is bound to happen to make it not happen. I'm glad the next 2 episodes are last as we can finally get the story done.

That episode felt like a real GoT episode, lots going on, move the story on, gratuitous death. Glad they kicked the story on after the last few weeks.

Will Dany go mad and die before she gets to sit on the Iron Throne? Jon is Jon, looks to be setup to be the new King, but something is bound to happen to make it not happen. I'm glad the next 2 episodes are last as we can finally get the story done.
I kinda wanted some information about the previous episode, like how Arya managed to get so close to the Knight King...

I kinda wanted some information about the previous episode, like how Arya managed to get so close to the Knight King...

They do seem to be racing to the finish. Across the series, there was always time to fill in some detail and find out some of the history behind Westeros. But now there is only the worry about moving forward to the conclusion.

Is Bran going to do some useful raven stuff at all this series?

They do seem to be racing to the finish. Across the series, there was always time to fill in some detail and find out some of the history behind Westeros. But now there is only the worry about moving forward to the conclusion.

Is Bran going to do some useful raven stuff at all this series?
maybe a bit of timetravelling type spying? :unsure:

Seems to me that they're setting Tyrion up to have the final say. Too many shots of him looking painfully conflicted in the past episode. Plus, he's been a universal fan favourite from the beginning - needs to end on a big high, rather than fade out as he's otherwise done over the past couple of seasons (or really since he offed his Dad).

Dany is clearly going to go Mad Queen (how can she not, really? They've pretty much killed off everyone she trusts; the North doesn't like her and loves Jon instead - and that's before they know about his parentage; and now she's two out of three dragons down).

Varys is going to try and stop her, but fail and get himself killed (incinerated most likely).

Jon is too conflicted, smitten and (frankly) weak to step in and stop her himself.

So I reckon it's going to come down to Tyrion - they're going to give him the opportunity to be a Queenslayer, and I think he's going to ultimately take it 'for the realm' (or he doesn't take it, and the whole of the past decade is a circle, that ends with a mad Targaeryan on the throne).

Then either Jamie or Arya is going to deal with Cersei.

So does that leave Jon on the throne? Not sure......they might just kill him off as well, leaving, what, Sansa? A vacuum?

Oh, and Cleganebowl is obviously 100% on. Next week, or the week after, but it's coming.

I think Arya got the NK through a series of Bran warging and being an assassin.
Tyrion is a good shout as he has been saying don't be like your Dad and doing his best to temper her worst impulses. With Varys nudging too, they are both pointed in not killing lots of people. Is Sansa primed for the Iron Throne? I was surprised to see her smile in that episode and get away from face like a smacked a**e.

I've seen a bunch of people all complain about the Dragon being shot down from the sea, but it's just one of those where I think you have to go with it and realise it's just a TV program. I do like the jeopardy of one dragon remaining and the offing of Missandei

I am a member of a Facebook group:

The trailer shows 4 dragons! Is there a fourth dragon?! The latest trailer Euron looks s**t scared looking up at the sky!

I am a member of a Facebook group:

The trailer shows 4 dragons! Is there a fourth dragon?! The latest trailer Euron looks s**t scared looking up at the sky!
That there are more dragon eggs we didn't know about that have hatched or the dragons got it on in Dragon Stone. It could be a call back to the last days of the Targ empire where were as many as 10 Dragons out and about. Will have to look at trailer later on!

That there are more dragon eggs we didn't know about that have hatched or the dragons got it on in Dragon Stone. It could be a call back to the last days of the Targ empire where were as many as 10 Dragons out and about. Will have to look at trailer later on!
They (dragons) take a while to grow full sized & fully functional as firebreathers after hatching ?

Hmmmm…...the show has only got two and a half more hours or so to run, and has been spending the bulk of the last two seasons removing pieces from the board. Would seem unlikely to me that they're going to add something or someone else now - even something as cool as another dragon.

The teaser just looks to me as if Dany is probably flying Drogon towards Euron from directly in front of the sun - hence him squinting - or, in other words, doing something tactically sensible for the first time in......forever? Or maybe they've given him crossbow-proof chest plating or somat.

Hmmmm…...the show has only got two and a half more hours or so to run, and has been spending the bulk of the last two seasons removing pieces from the board. Would seem unlikely to me that they're going to add something or someone else now - even something as cool as another dragon.

The teaser just looks to me as if Dany is probably flying Drogon towards Euron from directly in front of the sun - hence him squinting - or, in other words, doing something tactically sensible for the first time in......forever? Or maybe they've given him crossbow-proof chest plating or somat.
Or Qyburn will make him a pinhole camera?

Think this articles sums of my views on Game of Thrones as succinctly as any I've read (Warning - Spoilers!):

It's still fun, I'm still looking forward to Sunday's episode, but the quality of the plotting and characterization has taken a dramatic dip since they overtook GRRM. Just finished re-watching Season 2, and it's just so much more intelligent and better written......even if, in comparison with the Long Night, the battle of Blackwater looks like it's been filmed with a couple of dozen people on a crappy sound stage!

I think the writers have fallen into a modern TV "gotcha" trap that means they are doing stuff just because, because they can. The plans were for Dany/Jon to kill the NK, they filmed the lead up to it and at the last minute changed their minds to Arya.

It wouldn't be so galling but for the above point about the early seasons being so harsh and showing up the last 2 seasons for plot flopping

The end of the last episode was very strange, they went from Winterfell to ambushed to kings landing and that cheap and bizarre whole beheading scene in a few minutes, it’s like they used up all the time and money in the first 3 and 3/4 episodes and just had to tack on a bit of plot device right at the end to get to where they needed to be for the last two episodes, kings landing looked like a small castle.

As soon as the army’s/characters started moving around Westeros at near light speed the show went downhill, the whole point of the books is that a lot happens that most of the characters have no clue about, now they must have mobiles to go with the coffee cups as they cover a thousand miles in a day.

It’s entertaining but it is a terrible tv show now, the last episode was worse than eastenders. You do wonder what would of happened if Martin had got his act together and kept pace with his books, the dialogue and story have fallen apart without him.

I agree strongly about the quality of the characters. After watching the first 2 seasons I decided to read the first couple of books and it was clear that the strength of the books was the characters more than the plot. That is why the impact of the unexpected deaths was so strong: because it was the characters carry the story and their demise made the plot twists. It has become more of an epic soap opera now where characters can be formulaic and have rapid personality transplants. Still fun, but not as deep.

Back
Top Bottom