Fulham at Home

Leysboy

Fulham at Home Pre Season. Can’t remember the last time we played them. I don’t count there under 21’s in the Checkertrade Trophy.

Hopefully them being from just up the road they will bring a few.

Looking forward to playing them.

We last played them on 30th August 1989 in the League Cup losing 5-3 at home. John Durnin scored 1 and Paul SImpson 2. We won the away leg 1-0 the week before with Martin Foyle scoring.

Don’t remind me Marked Ox. I went to both. Fulham in those days was a tatty ground with weeds and grass growing in the terraced area.
Their winning goal came at the very end of the second leg and we should have wrapped the game up long before..but how many times have we conspired to do that?

That's quite remarkable. I imagine we must have played nearly all of the other 91 League sides at least once in league, cup and trophy appearances (barring Manchester United and Liverpool) in that 30 year time period.

Remarkably we managed to avoid Fulham through various promotions and relegations in the 1990s. Both teams were relegated from their respective divisions in 1993-94 and a promotion for them and relegation for us in 1998-99 saw us again miss playing each other in a league fixture.

Makes sense local ish Championship clubs coming to us preseason, both QPR and Fulham should bring a few - so all good for the coffers.

Don’t remind me Marked Ox. I went to both. Fulham in those days was a tatty ground with weeds and grass growing in the terraced area.
Their winning goal came at the very end of the second leg and we should have wrapped the game up long before..but how many times have we conspired to do that?

There was definitely weed and grass on the terraces that day ??

That's quite remarkable. I imagine we must have played nearly all of the other 91 League sides at least once in league, cup and trophy appearances (barring Manchester United and Liverpool) in that 30 year time period.

Remarkably we managed to avoid Fulham through various promotions and relegations in the 1990s. Both teams were relegated from their respective divisions in 1993-94 and a promotion for them and relegation for us in 1998-99 saw us again miss playing each other in a league fixture.

We did play Manchester United in a friendly at the Kassam.

Ronaldo ran the show.

We did play Manchester United in a friendly at the Kassam.

Ronaldo ran the show.

And Spurs too c. 2003. Bobby Zamora was their big money signing when we played them.

In terms of competitive fixtures, however, I just find it surprising that we’ve managed to avoid Fulham for so long. Fair enough not playing Liverpool or Manchester United but bearing in mind how much higher we’ve been over Fulham in he 90s I would have thought our paths would have crossed.

Not played Fulham in a league fixture since 1985, that must be the longest we have gone without a league fixture against a club?

Back
Top Bottom