Friendly on Saturday?

Pompy have played one friendly already and hoping for 2 more...... both of their players who had covid are out of isolation
we really need some......... playing against our own team mates but against another team is a different ball game

Pompy have played one friendly already and hoping for 2 more...... both of their players who had covid are out of isolation
we really need some......... playing against our own team mates but against another team is a different ball game

I've no doubt the club are doing all they can to get games organised tbf.

Robbos interview after our internal 11 v 11 game does not give me confidence. We clearly need a minimum of 3 games before pompey.

Kenny Jackett was positive against a good Reading game, we are well behind Pompy in match fitness I think. We need a good competitive game against a good team, but nothing seems to be happening as yet, following the cancellation we had, I just hope things are being arranged ‘behind closed doors‘ for a ‘behind closed doors’ Game

As I said earlier in the thread I can’t see that the club have many options - there are literally no teams available to play. All championship have packed schedules as do Prem, and no other clubs are back playing. I guess a prem under 23’s but don’t know if they are Playing Etc....it’s a tough one but equally see same problem for Pompey though at least they havehad one proper game

As I said earlier in the thread I can’t see that the club have many options - there are literally no teams available to play. All championship have packed schedules as do Prem, and no other clubs are back playing. I guess a prem under 23’s but don’t know if they are Playing Etc....it’s a tough one but equally see same problem for Pompey though at least they havehad one proper game
Why not play Wycombe and/or fleetwood

I don’t know how much fitness will come in to these play off games because all the teams haven’t been training for that long I think heart and desire will get us past Portsmouth

When is the L2 playoff final - any chance of sneaking in a game against one of those two (or even the SF losers for that matter - better than nowt)

When is the L2 playoff final - any chance of sneaking in a game against one of those two (or even the SF losers for that matter - better than nowt)
I'd suspect that those that are still in it (and they start tonight) won't want extra matches due to injury and Covid fears, and those that have been knocked out will be reducing their squads as quickly as they can once that has happened - and why would they want to play a friendly after their season is over?

I'd suspect that those that are still in it (and they start tonight) won't want extra matches due to injury and Covid fears, and those that have been knocked out will be reducing their squads as quickly as they can once that has happened - and why would they want to play a friendly after their season is over?
".....this is what you could have won?...."(J Bowen)

The losers will want to finish straight away.
Second leg Monday. Final the following Monday. Can't see any of them wanting a game now. The two positive tests done for us I think.

Apparently Arsenal were well ahead of Man City fitness wise going into last nights game, that worked out well for them. We will be ok if we have to have games amongst our squad, it’s not that hard to replicate the intensity of a friendly match.

Apparently Arsenal were well ahead of Man City fitness wise going into last nights game, that worked out well for them. We will be ok if we have to have games amongst our squad, it’s not that hard to replicate the intensity of a friendly match.

Especially when trying to get into the first XI for the play offs

The national league has play offs starting 18th July so that may create a chance for a friendly if they get covid19 tests underway asap

Not sure how much fitness had to do with the outcome. Arsenal players flew up only three hours before the game, and of course their defence isn’t very good.

Back
Top Bottom