Free speech

In the time of Hitler, those who protested against the Nazis were killed to preserve free speech...

Thugs don't provide scientific advancement, don't create homes for people, and have no ideas for a better more inclusive society...

Tommy Robinson has nothing to contribute to a progressive and inclusive society.

Well there is movement happening. No longer will people fans back and accept what we are forced to believe. Take Telford for example. Changes are happening

Tommy is a modern day English Adolf - only less talented than Adolf...

Borntobeyellow, do you have the same hatred for supporters of Oxford United who also happen to have been born into a family linked to Islam?

Borntobeyellow, do you have the same hatred for supporters of Oxford United who also happen to have been born into a family linked to Islam?
Where have I say I hated Islam? I'm pointing out the violent actions by them on Sunday. Why is this all kept quiet on the news? Why nothing said of Telford and Rotherham when it first happened

I'm guessing that you've not been to a predominantly Muslim country, or had friendships with wonderful people who follow Islamic teachings rather than the identical Christian teachings...

“I wholly disapprove of what you say—and will defend to the death your right to say it.”

Pretty much sums up my viewpoint on this one......well, except for the whole death bit.......

• React
Reactions: Ian
Where have I say I hated Islam? I'm pointing out the violent actions by them on Sunday. Why is this all kept quiet on the news? Why nothing said of Telford and Rotherham when it first happened

How newsworthy is an angry thug shouting at Speakers Corner?

There are many people doing amazingly great things, making others happy, saving lives, etc. but they don't make the news, nor do they seek attention.

Maybe look into the reasons behind the speech. And the only people acting as thugs in Sunday certainly was not Tommy

There is no movement, what are you on about? The far-right has been dead for a long time. What happened to the BNP, EDL, PEGIDA, UKIP, Britain First?

Fascinating to watch European societies reacting to Islam in Hungary, Czech Republic, Germany, France, Sweden, Italy and elsewhere. Doing it at the voting booths and out on the street.

Makes you wonder if recent political developments will continue in their current trend towards the right, or level back off to the centre as more time passes / people move into Europe.

Regardless, an interesting time.

I saw that furore build last week. Tommy Robinson has formed a strange coalition with Lauren Southern (among others), who from what I see online, is pretty harmless in the context of some of the stuff we let go or individuals we struggle to deport. The whole thing just perpetuates the perception that the new/alt right are being institutionally victimised and only makes them kick harder.

The no platforming that has started to appear over here is concerning though. In all honesty, the Govt and London Mayor have more pressing needs with the amount of knife attacks, acid attacks and scooter gang robberies in the capital than shutting up an idiot like Tommy Robinson in Speakers Corner.

Back
Top Bottom