Frank Lampard

Frank Lampard

• Total voters
Didn’t think he was coming here anyway, so that paves the way for Simon Grayson

I was never in the Lampard camp and so not that bothered by this. You can have all the badges in the world but unless you know how to deal with people managing will always be a struggle, especially when dealing with prima donna footballers and some of the leeches passing temselves off as agents. Knowing how to handle players and their characteristics is probably more important which is why i would prefer an experienced person. Grayson would be my choice given his C.V and success in the third tier.

Would Paul Clement drop down to League 1?

Had a couple of jobs at a higher level but not really worked out. Clearly a brilliant coach. Could need a lower league job to re-ignite his career. Very similar to Mapp.

I wonder if the policy will be to only go for an out of work manager again this time?

Would have thought it needed to be someone who buys into the player model that we had before mapp left, so experienced at playing the style of football we had been use to before it all went pear shaped.

Anyone of any substance would be a fool to come to Oxford until the situation is clear. A club that doesn't own the ground. A landlord who is keen to squeeze the club for all he can get and doesn't want it to expand.
Appleton leaving, the sale of what had been an excellent team, the strange behaviour of Eales (whose learndirect dealings suggest he's not a man with many scruples. The managing directors in and out. First a journalist Gregg Box Turnbull. Then a schoolteacher. The Sartori dealings and their sudden collapse. The negoatiations with Kassam and Oxvox and ditto. The Thai/reading connection. There's a strange stink hanging over the club and It's not just the sewage farm. I suspect Clotet who had a lot of friends in the English game may have been appointed because he could bring players in comparatively cheaply. Some were excellent, like Ricardinho. Some were injured, Like Pekalski. He was unlucky to lose Nelson for a season and Ribeiro for good. And perhaps he was being set up as a handy scapegoat. He wanted to hang on to Eastwood Interesting that an agent who was working for the company with the mysterious twitter feed was on his way to Solihull Moors. There's a name that's turned up a lot. Marvin Johnson Daryl Eales didn't we loan Fiacre Kelleher there too?

Mike Turl a friend of Eales, who has a mysterious realtiosnhip with Solihull Moors has also been suspended for an alleged attempted betting scam

Did anyone back Oxford to lose seven nil?

Fromthe non-league paper

"Moors chairman Trevor Stevens last week confirmed Turl had been the club’s chief executive for “three or four years”, a spell that would have overlapped with his BHA ban, but Hawker offered a very different account in an exclusive with The NLP.

“Mike has been a volunteer for some years. He was asked by the then board to help them get out of a hole they were in,” said Hawker, who politely declined to comment on the FA investigation itself.

“He always called himself a volunteer and never held formal office. He only ever worked via the board. Mike never had control of money, nor did he have his name on the chequebook.

“Most of his time was spent developing our community operations with our community manager – that’s where his heart is.

Hawker added: “Mike has been involved in many respects, mostly to do with keeping our finances in order. He has been a major contributor to the club financially with unencumbered loans and having works done at the ground by his own company at his own cost.

“That has been his major contribution, bringing infinancial stability and funds through sponsorship.

“He is pretty much the most honourable guy I know, so much so he has lent money to the football club without a written agreement and done things for the club without any prospect of being paid back.”"

Because that's what business men do. " lent money to the football club without a written agreement and done things for the club without any prospect of being paid back.”

Mike Turl a friend of Eales, who has a mysterious realtiosnhip with Solihull Moors has also been suspended for an alleged attempted betting scam

Did anyone back Oxford to lose seven nil?

Fromthe non-league paper

"Moors chairman Trevor Stevens last week confirmed Turl had been the club’s chief executive for “three or four years”, a spell that would have overlapped with his BHA ban, but Hawker offered a very different account in an exclusive with The NLP.

“Mike has been a volunteer for some years. He was asked by the then board to help them get out of a hole they were in,” said Hawker, who politely declined to comment on the FA investigation itself.

“He always called himself a volunteer and never held formal office. He only ever worked via the board. Mike never had control of money, nor did he have his name on the chequebook.

“Most of his time was spent developing our community operations with our community manager – that’s where his heart is.

Hawker added: “Mike has been involved in many respects, mostly to do with keeping our finances in order. He has been a major contributor to the club financially with unencumbered loans and having works done at the ground by his own company at his own cost.

“That has been his major contribution, bringing infinancial stability and funds through sponsorship.

“He is pretty much the most honourable guy I know, so much so he has lent money to the football club without a written agreement and done things for the club without any prospect of being paid back.”"

Because that's what business men do. " lent money to the football club without a written agreement and done things for the club without any prospect of being paid back.”

What’s this got to do with Frank Lampard?

nothing really, decided ti start googling Daryl Eales and Solihull Moors after listing the reasons why I don't think anyone of substance would come here. Perhaps Frank Lampard will come here. because he's promised a ride in a F1 car, or some other distraction but the more i read about Eales the less I trust him.

Carlton Palmer is an ex-England midfielder who hasn't been considred yet.

Could he do a job?

Back
Top Bottom