Frank Lampard

Frank Lampard

• Total voters
I don't think he will leave Exeter tbh, unless he is allowed to build Oxford in the same way with the focus on developing the Academy.

What’s he saying won’t loads on this dodgy wifi

Interestingly the interview was recorded yesterday. Things may have changed......

Did confirm that he spoke to OUFC in the summer and if, if the right opportunity comes along in the future and he feels qualified, he might be interested. Thanked the Chelsea academy for letting him work with them to gain experience and is studying all he can to learn more.

He said it’s something he’s interested in (management), and as others have said he spoke to DJ in the summer. Even if he had spoken to us in the last few days it’s unlikely he’d say anything or declare interest publicly.

Damn, I was hoping for Lampard. I suppose it'll have to be Simon Grayson or Mark Warburton then. I'm not sure I'd like to see Steve McClaren back at the club.

Warburton for me now. Decent style of football and worked under similar scouting at Brentford. And he has had Jobs around this area before. Would like Grayson but all his jobs have been up north and doubt he'd want to movr this far down the country.

Am I the only one who thinks it’s more likely after that interview?

He was never going to come out and say he 100% wants the job, and he didn’t say he didn’t want the job.

He talked a lot but didn’t really say anything.

Am I the only one who thinks it’s more likely after that interview?

He was never going to come out and say he 100% wants the job, and he didn’t say he didn’t want the job.

He talked a lot but didn’t really say anything.

Not sure how Lampard saying he hasn't been in contact since the summer makes it more likely than when it was reported that we were 'in talks'

It won't be him, move on.

The more I think about any potential candidates the more I think Paul Tisdale would be a top appointment, because he’s worked with youngsters, and moved them on for profit. Ie Grimes, and others. He’s also been in league one with plucky Exeter and also having another good season with them. I think he might be worth a call.

He will have more to work with here and a much bigger budget, and more potential. Surely he could enhance his managerial credentials by coming here, and doing a good job. Top six is where we are aiming, and I think with the right recruitment during the summer, I think that’s well within our grasp.

Just putting that one out there.

He’d also fit in well in Oxford in his tweeds and plus fours. He’d probably go the whole hog and ride out of the tunnel on a bicycle with a basket on the front and do a lap of the pitch before matches

• React
Reactions: m
Not sure how Lampard saying he hasn't been in contact since the summer makes it more likely than when it was reported that we were 'in talks'

It won't be him, move on.

I don’t think it will get the job and never have. I’m not even sure if I would want him.

However I’m not sure how everyone has drawn the conclusion that he has ruled himself out.

Mapp was fairly clear and definitive, I’m not sure Lampard was.

I don’t think it will get the job and never have. I’m not even sure if I would want him.

However I’m not sure how everyone has drawn the conclusion that he has ruled himself out.

Mapp was fairly clear and definitive, I’m not sure Lampard was.

Ruled out is maybe wrong, but he confirmed that all the speculation has been built on nothing. And that national press stories were false.

Back
Top Bottom