Frank Lampard - Chelsea manager

unification

So Frank Lampard makes the shock move to Chelsea to become their manager.

That leaves the Derby job open with Phillip Cocu all but set to get it. Thought that would be the sort of job MApp would have been begging for.

'Frank Lampards Chelsea' now then and 'Frank Lampards Derby County' just go back to being plain 'Derby County'!

Seriously though - good luck to him, nice to see a young English manager get a job in the Prem.

I wish him all the best. Can’t help thinking he was playing off one against the other for a better financial deal.
But that’s football

I hope it works out for him, however i feel like he should have stayed at Derby for another year

At least the talented players' from Chelsea's academy may get a chance now.

I do wonder whether he would have been in the running and subsequently appointed but for the transfer embargo, i recall many on here did not want him at Oxford due to inexperience and Chelsea hardly have a recent history of keeping their managers however well they do..will be interesting to see if they retain him for the length of his 3 year contract.

I do wonder whether he would have been in the running and subsequently appointed but for the transfer embargo, i recall many on here did not want him at Oxford due to inexperience and Chelsea hardly have a recent history of keeping their managers however well they do..will be interesting to see if they retain him for the length of his 3 year contract.

Nice payoff if they don't mind.

A brave move to go into that sort of chaotic environment. Will he have the balls to gut the squad (if no transfer ban) and remove bad eggs?

I do wonder whether he would have been in the running and subsequently appointed but for the transfer embargo
I do think this is the very reason he got the job. Can you see any top manager wanting the job without being able to work in the transfer market?

Back
Top Bottom